Any custom orders out of 'production scheduled' status

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow , first load of vipers came to canada. some in ontario and some in quebec. i wonder what DV500... means on the vin?

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, this should be the update on VIN # :
DV100 : 49 Red Demo dealer cars
DV200 : 100 Red SRT Track pack
DV300 : 150 Blue/White Launch Edition
DV400 : 500 Custom orders
DV500 : Pilot cars ( to be "crushed" by SRT)

Last edited:

Craigers15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also from Canada with a DV400 for a Custom order White GTS
I took a note from this forum a few months back that said :
DV500 : Stryker red
So, if this is still correct, those are for Stryker red cars coming to Canada

My VIN is a DV500 and I'm from Canada. Black SRT...

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Also from Canada with a DV400 for a Custom order White GTS
I took a note from this forum a few months back that said :
DV500 : Stryker red
So, if this is still correct, those are for Stryker red cars coming to Canada

And I repeat...my CANADIAN car is a STRYKER RED GTS and my Vin # is DV4!!!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the whole buildout of sequence thing boggles me; how can 150/150 Launch be complete and shipped when #101 isnt even built?

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's an idea SRT, why don't you just build the cars in the order in which you receive a customers deposit??

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys in the know...(Mister Viper? Bill P.? Chelseasnake? our wonderful MODERATORS? ANYBODY?) actually KNOW for sure what the number after the "V" actually stands for?
(If "4" stands for CUSTOM....who knows WHAT colour I'm getting?! LOL! maybe SNAKESKIN green?!..that'd be okay!! then I'd be the one and only! LOL!!)...

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My VIN is a DV500 and I'm from Canada. Black SRT...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but VINs containing DV500 are erroneous VINs. I know because I had one. DV500 VINs are for pilot cars. SRT has to crush all cars with this VIN, and cannot sell them. So what they did is cancelled my order and my DV500 VIN, and replaced it with a new order and a new DV400 VIN. They did this at the end of March. So you need to call your dealer right away and have it straightened out with SRT. You can also try calling the Chrysler customer service number on their website, if your dealer isn't getting anywhere.

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
trim status today also. so chronologically from 12/2012 to 5/3 production scheduled, 5/3 frame, 5/8 trim

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but VINs containing DV500 are erroneous VINs. I know because I had one. DV500 VINs are for pilot cars. SRT has to crush all cars with this VIN, and cannot sell them. So what they did is cancelled my order and my DV500 VIN, and replaced it with a new order and a new DV400 VIN. They did this at the end of March. So you need to call your dealer right away and have it straightened out with SRT. You can also try calling the Chrysler customer service number on their website, if your dealer isn't getting anywhere.

PHEW!! Thanks Todd..you've set my mind at ease ONCE AGAIN about being DV400!!!!!!!!!

Craigers15

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up,

I immediately called my dealer as soon as I read your post. Checked his system (still in D1 status) and got in touch with his rep and waited for him to get back to him... Just received the call and I was assured that I was still getting my car and that the whole DV500 thing is completely false...

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up,

I immediately called my dealer as soon as I read your post. Checked his system (still in D1 status) and got in touch with his rep and waited for him to get back to him... Just received the call and I was assured that I was still getting my car and that the whole DV500 thing is completely false...

I hope that's the case. I bought mine from Roanoke through Paul Normandin. Roanoke is one of the largest Viper dealers, and is well connected to SRT, and this is what SRT told them. I don't know why they would've gone to all the trouble to cancel my VIN and issue a new one, if there wasn't an issue with DV500. In any case, glad they reassured you. Keep us posted, and hopefully this was a false alarm. The D1 status is a good sign.

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
Todd always semms to have "the gossip";)
Yes..he does..but everything he's posted here has been 100% TRUE at some point in time...so it's not really "gossip" it's just stuff that (sometimes) ends up being reconfigured!!
I love being in the know! Thanks Todd!!!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm a little obsessive about these beautiful machines, LOL. I'm fortunate that my dealer is too, so he's frequently visiting and chatting with the boys in Detroit and gives me the inside scoop.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if these use the same 8.4" screens that are in the Rams and such. I heard there have been a bunch of issues with those?