Any DC Confirmation of a Gen III Hardtop Viper?

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A notable tuner told a group of us recently that DC got several hardtop parts shipped for testing. I believe. Now, this belief could stem from one of only three causes: I'm stupid to believe, the rumor is right, or I'm stupid. I have the faith, brother!

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A new Viper coupe in 2004 or 2005. You got to be kiddin! Thats 3 or 4 years down the road, if it happens. Heck, that is a lifetime as far as I am concerned. Here is the plan. Get a new 2001 or 2002 GTS NOW. You will have the latest and greatest GTS available. Then if the new GTS comes out later, check it out. Mean time, enjoy your 2001/2 GTS while you age.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has been consideration, but the plan today is to get the Chapter III out. The original run had a four year gap, so look for a similar situation.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd bet you will see many aftermarket hardtops to fit the Chapter three Viper Convertibles not long after it's introduction. Specially with people like Northwind, Autoform, and V-Mania around
smile.gif

As for the coupe version, Logic says three years or so until a "readily available" car. But rumor mill is full of great stories right now.... so who knows.... Can't let the Vette's sit in the pits at LeMan's forever (LOL)!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the good news is that John Fernandez is now in charge of Mopar Performance Parts! Since he also heads up SVE Or better know as Team Viper, you could probably come to the assumption that there may be some "parts" that he develops to sell to Viper Owners! Could one of those parts be a top????????????

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mako:
Any confirmation from D-C on a Gen-III hardtop Viper?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO is the only true answer to your question. NO. As in 700-800-900-1700 / year GTS Coupes. NOPE !

I would not rule out, however, a continuance of a GTS-R racing version in view of recent rumors.......

There are rumors of accessory hartdops for the VGX-Gen-III RT/10 that may be confusing the issue. Note the other replies, favoring this theory!

In fact, I am taking deposits on Gen-III hardtops now! $1000 down. MSRP to be announced "whenever" ! Balance due on delivery.

[ HEY! If dealers can do it on Gen-III, why not PartsRack?!? ]

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Way to go Jon! I betcha you'll even be able to give 'em a choice of manufacturers!!!! .... and probably colors!!!!

Ken Diemer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autoform Development, Inc. has plans to build a removable Gen III hardtop. After that, they will be developing rollbars, spoilers, splitters, etc. for the Gen III.

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to worry folks, we've (V-Mania) already built one!! Thats where our current design came from, and Yes Jon B. IS taking deposits for them.... IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!...We simply need the car for final Fit and Finish..... Don't forget our '03 car (John Fernandez)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen