Any Gen3 owner looking for a Gen4 hood?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now it's gonna be interesting to see what you do with the stripes. Stock 08 width, wide to match the fascia and go through the vents, or comp coupe taper to stay out of the vents. Also who is going to paint it?

F

FrgMstr

I have an 08 style fiberglass hood painted red off my '05. Good shape, some paint chips in front. PM me if you are interested.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now it's gonna be interesting to see what you do with the stripes. Stock 08 width, wide to match the fascia and go through the vents, or comp coupe taper to stay out of the vents. Also who is going to paint it?

Pretty sure I'm going to stick with the 06 width stripes, and just run it through the front vents. I don't care for the narrow 08 stripes, and while I don't mind the tapered look, they look like they are "custom," which I don't like on the Viper. We'll see though, as I'm gonna wait till spring and paint the front fascia as well.

I have a local shop that I've used in the past down in PG, but do you have any recommendations?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure I'm going to stick with the 06 width stripes, and just run it through the front vents. I don't care for the narrow 08 stripes, and while I don't mind the tapered look, they look like they are "custom," which I don't like on the Viper. We'll see though, as I'm gonna wait till spring and paint the front fascia as well.

I have a local shop that I've used in the past down in PG, but do you have any recommendations?

IMO - I totally agree with the opinion on the narrow '08, '09 stripes. I never could warm up to them and was one of the reasons I sold my '09.
I couldn't get past how "odd" they looked every time I sat back and studied the car. Design fail.
I don't think they look right, or fit the car right. The Gen 3 are much better, and I've even come along to liking the '10 flared ones.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235