Any power estimates for the following mods ???

wesman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm about to install some mods and was interested to see some best guesses on power output.

The car is a '00 RT10 w/40k on the ticker. I have a couple of different options as I have a couple of different sets of parts.

It currently has a TNT intake (smooth tubes with K&N cone filters)

Scenario 1:
T&D 1.7 ratio roller rockers, Borla Headers, Borla Exhaust ,hi flow cats

Scenario 2:
T&D 1.7 ratio roller rockers, Borla Headers, Borla Exhaust, cat delete pipes

I also have a VEC I and a VEC II. I'm not sure which I am going to install as I don't plan to go crazy wild on the car. So I may just go VEC I for ease of self-tuning. Then again if there's a substantial amount of power there with the VEC II and it will allow for better future growth I'll go that route.

What would each scenario deliver with a VEC I and VEC II respectively ?

Thanks for any help or opionions.

--wes

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VEC1 is obsolete these days. Even on a stock car it is worth the extra money to go with the VEC2, but since you have both it is a no brainer to use the VEC2. It is easy to tune and better for the car as far as driveability, reliability and performance.

On a 2000 I would say you would be around 460ish rwhp and 490ish rwtq or there abouts with those mods.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poplarville? I have some relatives from that little town and in Wiggins. Do you ever come up north? I am just east of Jackson.

John