Any problems with 08's

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have been out awhile and just wondering if anyone has had issues, any callbacks, paint problems, mechanical etc? it would sure help on a purchase.
thanks

FLX109

VAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far I'm on my second visit to the dealer for warranty work and will need another to hopefully finish all the necessary work.:omg:

1) Check engine light keep coming on (already replaced 2 parts, but problem still exists)

2) Vert top squeaks (parts on order)

The good part,I found a great viper tech,thanks to the forum members.:2tu:

viperman303

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked up Orange vert fm Woodhouse on 26June08. Drove it 1200 miles back up to Montana. NO problems. Drove it 2300 miles to Detroit, VOI and return so now have 5400 ... NO problems.

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the only problem i have had with my vv coupe is it went into limp mode with about 1600 miles took to dealer and they said it was a tank of bad gas no more problems since great car.

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few of us had to bleed the clutch (easy). I'm at 3200 miles
and the car just keeps getting stronger.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Threw a check engine code due to my not subscrbing to Sirius radio :dunno::mad:. Entered subscription and code is gone.

No other problems after 1,500 miles other than dealing with s t r e t c h i n g the new soft top to reach the windsheild post.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely LOVE the car, pulls stronger each time you drive it...as compared to the '05 we had, which was a pretty strong-pulling Viper itself.
Problem (which is being looked at by Herb/Grailkeeper and SRT Engineers): Idle-Stall problem..happened twice now when STOPPED in stop-n-go traffic...clutch engaged/ in first gear, car has died completely. Starts up right away. We'll see if driving more has made a difference...but we have NOT been in stop-n-go traffic, we've been on highways....NO PROBLEMS there! This is definitely a car to get used to if you've had one before, due to the drive-by-wire...shifts are smoother, clutch is smoother/better.
City: You'll get used to the vert top, we opened and closed it quite a bit in the beginning, just to do as you said, to s-t-r-e-t-c-h it out...makes it easier to open and close. NOT much driving weather for us for top down...driving season is coming to an end for us up North soon...DRAT! ~juli
FLX109, you have one of the epitome of Vipers anywhere, the '96 blue/white GTS!!! You MUST love that car!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many people stare at my car, makes it hard to pick your nose. I guess I need tinted windows. Other than that no issues great car.

Bruce

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well ... the pictures - constantly.
Lots of :2tu:.
Impulsion to wash it as much as watering restrictions allow.
Increased electricity bill from constantly keep the garage door open to the house to see the car.
Constant large grins I cannot get off my face every time I get in and drive.
Extra fittness from using 'the right parking spots'.

... sorry it had me at hello but somehow I bet you understand.

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Absolutely LOVE the car, pulls stronger each time you drive it...as compared to the '05 we had, which was a pretty strong-pulling Viper itself.
Problem (which is being looked at by Herb/Grailkeeper and SRT Engineers): Idle-Stall problem..happened twice now when STOPPED in stop-n-go traffic...clutch engaged/ in first gear, car has died completely. Starts up right away. We'll see if driving more has made a difference...but we have NOT been in stop-n-go traffic, we've been on highways....NO PROBLEMS there! This is definitely a car to get used to if you've had one before, due to the drive-by-wire...shifts are smoother, clutch is smoother/better.
City: You'll get used to the vert top, we opened and closed it quite a bit in the beginning, just to do as you said, to s-t-r-e-t-c-h it out...makes it easier to open and close. NOT much driving weather for us for top down...driving season is coming to an end for us up North soon...DRAT! ~juli
FLX109, you have one of the epitome of Vipers anywhere, the '96 blue/white GTS!!! You MUST love that car!
I Had that same idle-stall problem as yours, had it 'flashed' at the dealer few weeks ago and it seemed to have stopped those issues and runs better overall. My VIN did not require the new flash but it still improved driveabilty.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Had that same idle-stall problem as yours, had it 'flashed' at the dealer few weeks ago and it seemed to have stopped those issues and runs better overall. My VIN did not require the new flash but it still improved driveabilty.

Glad that you are not experiencing that problem anymore. I've had Chuck Tator/Herb-GrailKeeper and THREE SRT Engineers get back to us with this! VERY much appreciated...all their concern and help. Mostly what we've all figured out, is the car just needs more miles on it...no reflashing. We'll see how it goes, haven't been in stop-n-go traffic lately, plus it's not unbearably hot like it was when we had the problem twice. Thanx for your input!~! :2tu: ~juli

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Convertible top has bad fit (compared to 2006) and a few minor cosmetic flaws.
Paint quality not as good (compared to 2006). Much more orange peel and pin-size spot on front bumper and rear quarter panel where primer shows through clear coat (This is not a damage, it's an error that occured in the paint process: The primer and clear coat layers are okay, but there's a pin sized area not covered by the base coat - shows as a small dark gray spot in the paint).

The paint problems may just be my bad luck. The convertible problems have been observed by other08 owners here too...

Nyoka

Viper Owner
Reaction score
5,000 miles - not a single issue. Greatest machine I've ever experienced. Gets better every time out...

2008 SRT10 Coupe

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang