Any recommendations on 4 Post Car Lift

cso19

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to create room for more vehicles in the garage. Anyone have recommendation on brand or area seller and installer of 4 Post Car Lifts in the Eastern Nebraska/Western Iowa area?

cwilson80134

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had a Bendpak four poster for almost 10 years. I've been very happy with it. I bought it online and had it shipped to the installer and then he brought it out to install. I park a full size pickup under it so I bought a higher lift model and one for longer wheelbase vehicles - the HD-9XL - 9000 lbs capacity. I bought it from Workshop Depot and they helped me find an installer. I'm not sure if they're still in business - tried the website just now and it wouldn't connect.

David Housley

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to create room for more vehicles in the garage. Anyone have recommendation on brand or area seller and installer of 4 Post Car Lifts in the Eastern Nebraska/Western Iowa area?

I purchased an Advantage 4 post Lift a few years ago. Very satisfied. It runs on 110, so it is a tad slow going up. They installed it for $500 and they were great to work with. Check out there website. You will need the 4 foot ramps as my 98 GTS barely cleared using the 3 foot ramps. The people were great to work with and they have a warehouse in Omaha best I recall.

kssssnake

Enthusiast
Venom Member
Reaction score
Depends on your needs. Some have fixed ramps. Some are movable. Some need approach ramps some don't. Some are movable with built in wheels. If you need an installer that's another deal breaker. You must have access to a lift truck if you do it your self. Some lifts are certified, some aren't. You can spend $2000 on the low end or twice that. Complete Hydraulics has several. Northern tool does also. Have fun shopping and let us know what you decide.

Nazarah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Benpak 4 post lift in my garage. Installed it myself. If you have the means to move the heavy parts around on your own it's really not terrible to install. I live in Papillion, I see you are in Omaha. If you want to see it sometime I'm more than happy to show you.

BluSnake

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Depends on your garage ceiling height. I had the Viper and another low sports car and a 10' 8" height. Went with the Challenger CL4P. Fits everything fine and is ALI certified, something the Chinese made lifts don't come with. Also came standard with 3' aluminum ramps. My 01 GTS doesn't scrape anything using these plus their are lighter then other brand's steel ramps. But with other brands you can always buy aluminum ramps for extra. Check you garage and car dimensions and shop around to find the best fit. Got mine at JMC Equipment ordered online, shipped to the local installer and they came out and set up in about 3 hours for $600. You can get 10% or 15% discounts at JMC if you time it right.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I went with Gregg Smith Equipment's Atlas 9000# lift. Been over
10 years now and i have been nothing but happy with it. Its tight
on both the RamSRT and GTS, but isnt a hindrance...

Rob Berger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with Gregg Smith Equipment's Atlas 9000# lift. Been over
10 years now and i have been nothing but happy with it. Its tight
on both the RamSRT and GTS, but isnt a hindrance...
I have the same one in extra tall....great lift, no issues. They sell a sliding scissor jack as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper