Anybody else going through VIPER Withdrawal?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What, no salt on your roads down there:confused: Here it takes many good rains in the spring to fully wash the salt off the road.

If no salt, then yàll is lucky down there.:2tu:

Robert

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we're in between seasons here in central BC.

Too cold to drive (not tractiona and Black ice in evenings) and no snow for snowmobiles.

1000cc mountain cat has 170hp and weighs about 500#s. Better power to weight than a viper ... but the seat's not as nice.

Ted

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awww Leslie... *big hug* It'll be alright. :)

Where in Indiana are you? I'm just over here in Ohio, and I know what you mean. I haven't "put mine away," but it's in safe storage. Right now I'm looking out the window at sunny skies, knowing it's only 30-something degrees out, and that it's supposed to SNOW this evening... There go those plans. I'm hoping for some wheel time this weekend, but it's supposed to snow/rain on Saturday, which just means roads will be nasty through Sunday, too.

Crappy Northeast... :) I'm looking at a job in Roanoke - slightly shorter Winters... :)

Broch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow do I ever. It's been since october for me with rain then the cold. BTW, cold for a no top '95 being < 68 degrees!

ontilt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Drove mine saturday after thansgiving..... 65 and sunny......

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awww Leslie... *big hug* It'll be alright. :)

Where in Indiana are you? I'm just over here in Ohio, and I know what you mean. I haven't "put mine away," but it's in safe storage. Right now I'm looking out the window at sunny skies, knowing it's only 30-something degrees out, and that it's supposed to SNOW this evening... There go those plans. I'm hoping for some wheel time this weekend, but it's supposed to snow/rain on Saturday, which just means roads will be nasty through Sunday, too.

Crappy Northeast... :) I'm looking at a job in Roanoke - slightly shorter Winters... :)

I am in South Bend, IN area, about 5 miles from Lake Michigan so we get all the 'lake effects' snow. It's actually quite beautiful just not the best driving conditions. :rolleyes:

If I can keep the snow level at a minimum outside my garage door, I will try to drive my car

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The salt is horrible in Michigan...prob in Northern Indiana too. I wouldn't drive my car until spring if I were you, you can see some major corrosive damage. Even the salt dust will get into bearings and every little nook and cranny. You are better to just wait it out. Do what the rest of us do, tear it apart and add some mods! Lots of face time! I drive a Ram 2500 Quad Cab in the winter, and you wouldn't believe the corrosion here in Central Indiana (which is a lot milder weather than what you get). Sorry!

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The salt is horrible in Michigan...prob in Northern Indiana too. I wouldn't drive my car until spring if I were you, you can see some major corrosive damage. Even the salt dust will get into bearings and every little nook and cranny. You are better to just wait it out. Do what the rest of us do, tear it apart and add some mods! Lots of face time! I drive a Ram 2500 Quad Cab in the winter, and you wouldn't believe the corrosion here in Central Indiana (which is a lot milder weather than what you get). Sorry!

I try to drive my cars whenever I can:D

Last winter we had a few days after a good rain that definitely made it driving weather!

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah well then you pull my stunt...

Check the weather, says sun, cold but clear.. Took the Viper out of storage, took it driving... Blizzard hits!!! AW CRAP!!

Jeff

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah well then you pull my stunt...

Check the weather, says sun, cold but clear.. Took the Viper out of storage, took it driving... Blizzard hits!!! AW CRAP!!

Jeff

did you make it home? I went out on a beautiful sunny day last winter, got stuck too in a really kinda nice light snow. kinda wish I had taken a picture, car handled just fine