Anyone changed the Bypass valve

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I never did personally, but the shop changed mine out for a bigger one. Whats your question?

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could you post it here?!?! Some of us are interested too!! :D

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah I'd like a little "PSSHT" between the shifts:drive: what do you have in mind there molester?

This one works great functionally especially if you are running more than stock pulley worth of boost. I have this one on my car.

I dont know where you get your Viper work done, but I took my car to A&C performance. There website is just getting started up but you can give Todd Abrams a call and he can explain more to you about it.

Its loud outside of the car. I am only running 7pounds and I can hear it inside my car once i start to build boost 3+k rpm. My car is pretty loud, headers, no cats and 3" exhaust borlas.

It doesnt sound like the import cars sharp type of blow off. It sounds more of a big gust of air being rushed out of it. It is definitely a lot louder than the valve paxton gives.

This is the same valve I have on my car and so does Todd.
Your car will sound like this with it.

YouTube - DPE corvettes. com 920hp 52mm Turbosmart BOV test

this is A&Cs web site
inner
951-696-0500 thats the number, ask for Todd. You can tell him the guy with the red and silver 97 gts told you about it. i was the first gen 2 car he did this change to.

*edit* this is a pretty big valve. If you just want it for sound only, I think a smaller one would give a louder sound but wouldn't be beneficial with 10+ pounds. You will have to talk to Todd about it more

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960