Anyone in MI road race their Viper?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gratten, Waterford Raceway etc? Where do you go?

Is there a club dyno-day this year? I don't see any on the schedule.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich --

We're working on a dyno day -- looks like it's going to be a good one. There are some racing events in the hopper too. Come to the next Board meeting on April 13th at Kirby's Coney on Square Lake and Woodward (7:00 pm) to help us with details. :)

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are you in Michigan?
Gingerman is the most frequented Track in Michigan from what I understand.
Illinois VCA has events there a couple time a year. ViperDay also.

Other events with the Indiana VCA in Northern Indiana too.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think several of us take part in track days and autocrossing. But wheel to wheel racing I am not certain. I know that Rod Harris of Dick Scott Dodge used to, but some track incidents caused him to revert to a purpose built Camaro.

Last year it was stated that we would have a dyno day but nothing to date as Bruce indicated (though I plan on going this Monday :) ).

In general, even though we have one of the biggest clubs, participation at performance events is quite disappointing. We must have the largest poser percentage of any club!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, BTW we have a track day scheduled at Gingerman in late May. Note it is the ONLY track day we have scheduled (and it is really put on by the Illinois club). Outside of autocrossing the only other performance event is drag racing put on by our Ontario neighbors.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if you were going to chime in Mike.

Waterford needs to put some black top down - the gravel road to get there keeps some of us away. I went there one time about 5 years ago. When on the gravel road I had punks in their clunkers flying by me sending gravel into the air.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron just get it dirty and wash it on the way/or when u get home. the road wont hurt the car and there is hardly any traffic on the 1/4 mile of the road you need to drive down(coming off the dixie hwy side). Waterford is a fun track to have fun on. BTW Ron hows that supercharger on your car working out? have you had the car out yet? May 12 is the first date of the year make sure you take it off work Ron I'll even pop for the quarter wash on the way home for you.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm. Not sure. Is there one here?
498Paxton_800-med.jpg

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure Ron, can't wait to ride in it!

Guys, there are more track events in the planning stages -- just haven't got all the details worked out yet. Stay tuned . . . :cool:

viper_man40

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you really want to get your monies worth for a day at Gingerman. Go to thier web site and look and the schedule for the year. A company called CGI motorsports puts on a track event once to twice a month with instuctors if needed. I have ran with them several times and have ran out of gas because of all the track time you get. They only allow so many cars each day so you always get your monies worth. However the club event is over booked and you do not get as much time on the track. Viper days is also a blast and they give you a discount for your rookie event with them. If you are interested in auto crossing check out the web site for- Detroit Counsel Of sports Car Clubs. Motor City viper Club has been a memebr for the past 2 years and you get a discount when you go to an event. Myself and another member have joined the Michigan sports car club to auto cross under thier name this year do to the lack of members support from MCVO. If you are interested in auto crossing get ahold of me and I will give you more Info including auto X schools that are coming up. Do not count on our club to provide alot of motor sports fun without members particapation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine