Anyone know this 2008 Green Vert?

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is in FL now but was in MI and NY before then. The VIN# is 1B3JZ65Z48V200299:

Attachments

• Viper 1.jpg
    Viper 1.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Viper 2.jpg
    Viper 2.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Viper 3.jpg
    Viper 3.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 11

Neal D

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Hello viperbob, I bought that 2008 green vert. It is better in person than in the pics. This is my first Viper and I absolutely love it!
Neal

OP
OP
viperbob

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I debated buying it. got several videos from the dealer, details, etc. but I just could not pull the trigger since it did not check all the boxes for me. I may be setting my goals too high but sooner or later the right one will come along. And make sure you get those tires replaced soon!

Neal D

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Quick question, since you looked at the vehicle, is there a problem with the tires? I had an inspector check out the vehicle prior to purchase and he noted the tires were showing 7/32 tread evenly across the entire tread. When I took delivery of the vehicle, the tread looks like it has plenty of life left on it. Are you saying replace the tires soon due to tread wear or is there a problem with those tires that I'm not aware of. I'm just asking because I value your opinion. I am trying to learn as much as I can about these cars as possible being new to the Viper family. N

OP
OP
viperbob

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I recall the date codes are from 2013, well past the time they need to be replaced. Based on the age of the car it seems they were replaced about 5 years after it was new but since it has been almost 10 years since they need to be replaced, regardless of tread depth. And they actually told me the same thing when I asked and offered to through in a set of tires if I bought it. Contact Jon B at here for tires, and other Viper-related stuff: http://www.viperpartsrack.com/

Neal D

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
viperbob you are correct, the date codes on the tires in question are indeed 10 years old. As of today, I have 4 fresh skins coming. The rears are getting hard to locate but I was able to find 2. The tire technician told me those tires have a tendency to shread when they get really out of date. We sure don't want that to happen. Anyway, thank you for your help and I look forward to chatting soon. N

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4