Anyone replace the soft top on...

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone replace the soft top on...a 2004 SRT-10?

I got my welcome to Vegas vandalism. :mad:

How much are the tops?

Should I report it to insurance (AAA) or will they just jack my rates?

I have daily driven Vipers for ten years... this was my first incident. :mad:

Is this an easy job or will a dealer just screw it up? :crazy2:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
The whole top actually comes off pretty easy. You might be able to get one from a wreck and replace it without going thru the hassle. Not exactly sure what the cost would be though.

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I asked JonB a year ago, a new top was around 5K. He had a used one for about 2100 at that time. I talked to Archer about putting it on, he said they were a PITA.

OP
OP
N

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

IMG_3845.JPG

IMG_3846.JPG

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****. As a fellow daily Viper driver who also hasn't had vandalism problems (only driving 6+ years, ~90k miles though), I quite empathize.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone replace the soft top on...a 2004 SRT-10?
I got my welcome to Vegas vandalism. :mad:
How much are the tops?
Should I report it to insurance (AAA) or will they just jack my rates?
I have daily driven Vipers for ten years... this was my first incident. :mad:
Is this an easy job or will a dealer just screw it up? :crazy2:

Having a Black '05SRT Vert, we are ALWAYS afraid of this happening with our soft top as well, we are soooo very sorry this happened to you....we 'feel your pain', said in all earnestness. Hope that you can find another top reasonably priced/installed. :( makes us all sad that these things happen.....and :mad: :mad: :mad: yep, mad too. Our best~mike&juli~

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had someone throw something off an overpass and explode on the rear of my top while driving 60mph. It was some kind of container filled with fluid. It was so loud that I thought I blew the engine. Luckily the top was up. What ever it was put a few chips in the paint on the trunk. I couldnt believe it wasnt worse.

Some people are truly morons.

OP
OP
N

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having a Black '05SRT Vert, we are ALWAYS afraid of this happening with our soft top as well, we are soooo very sorry this happened to you....we 'feel your pain', said in all earnestness. Hope that you can find another top reasonably priced/installed. :( makes us all sad that these things happen.....and :mad: :mad: :mad: yep, mad too. Our best~mike&juli~

Thanks. Funny thing is that they didn't touch the paint. Got lucky that is all that happened.

vegas guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David,

Your are lucky! I had both of my cars hit (not the Viper) in the last 6 months. My neighbor just got his brand new (5 days old) Range Rover keyed on all sides. The local PD says this is the new pastime for juveniles that started in California and is spreading East. Groups of kids will hang around parking lots and go after new and high end cars. They wait until your out of sight and do as much damage as possible. Seems they score points for how much damage they do and as to what type of vehicle it is. Now I just drive my ****** to Starbucks...:mad:

I feel your pain.

vegas guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David,

Where did this happen?? Have you moved into the District? Where back in San Francisco until October company going public, no playtime. :mad:

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't know you moved David....weren't you just here for the Meguiar's commercial? You sure get around! You do know they'll catch up with you eventually!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960