Anyone selling a autoform roll bar ?

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave's Big Brakes;2478241If your running under 11.99's you'll need a custom built bar said:
It used to be 11.99, but they changes the rules slightly in 2007.

Per the NHRA:
"A roll bar is required in any convertible running 13.49 seconds or quicker in the quarter mile, and in other cars beginning at 11.49. The roll bar is accepted in vehicles running as quick as 10.00 second e.t., provided the stock firewall and floorboard is intact, other than for installation of wheel tubs. The rollbar must be constructed of minimum 1 ¾ inch o.d. x .118 inch wall mild steel tubing, or 1 ¾ x .083 chrome moly tubing, and must conform to the following diagram:
You must be registered for see images

If the floor and/or firewall has been modified, then a full roll cage is required beginning at a 10.99 e.t. A full roll cage is required in any vehicle running 9.99 seconds or quicker, and any vehicle running 135 mph or faster (regardless of e.t.). The roll cage must be constructed of minimum 1 5/8 o.d.x .118 mild steel tubing, or 1 5/8 x .083 chrome moly tubing, and must conform to the following diagram:
You must be registered for see images

The roll cage of any vehicle running 9.99 or quicker, or 135 mph or faster, must also be certified by NHRA every 3 years, and have a serialized sticker affixed prior to participation."

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have contacted BTR yesterday and today and left messages on his phone. Emailed him today and expect a response sometime soon. I'll let you all know what happens.

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered an Autoform through JonB. Imagine that. :idea:

Good price and included a new console piece so I don't have to cut my original. If there are other Gen1 folks looking, it would probably cut down on build time if they did a couple together.

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a brand new (still in the crate) Autoform rollbar with removable side bars (driver and passenger). Only the driver side bar is required to meet NHRA specs up to 10.0 ET. Send me a PM if interested. Fits Gen II GTS, black powder coat finish.

I decided not to install it as I may need a cage, instead of a rollbar.

Last edited:

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. Talked to Tom at BTR and basically need EVERYONE who is interested to email him so he can make sure who wants in. Let's get this going guys!!!
His email is [email protected]

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
madduc... What do you think about starting a new thread? This is an old thread and is an ad for an Autoform roll bar. I almost skipped over it...IMHO. Thanks for looking into it.

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it helps...I'd put in an order for the RT/10 rollbar...

Hey Tony,

RT/10 rollbars are now available:omg: I just wasn't sure as I didn't have a RT/10 with a top to try.:(

Cory & Dave @ ART have my bar in a RT/10 see the other new thread for pictures:2tu:

I can order 1 @ a time :D 3-4 weeks to build, powder coated satin black. Note: I don't do door bars, not enough sales:nono:

Big Brake Dave comes thru again:2tu: (I'm trying to compete with the Wizard):lmao::lmao:
I'll update my web tomorrow and post under new products shortly:usa:

Big Brake Dave :drive:
Home Page