Anyone send their glovebox to be signed by carroll shelby

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi
I was thinking of sending my Gen 2 glovebox cover to have it signed by Carrol Shelby himself. Anyone else have this done, any problems recieving it back. Also how well does the signiture hold up.
Thanks

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've sent many items to Carrol Shelby to have signed and have had no problems. Although, I haven't sent him a glove box. But he does have extensive experience signing Shelby Mustang glove boxes and I suspect that he knows what type of marker, etc. to use. But it probably wouldn't hurt mentioning to him to use a permanent type marker. That way you'll be covered.

Oh, and another cool thing about getting his signature is that he sent me a signed Xmas card to me!! I thought that was pretty cool! So maybe you'll get a Xmas card too.

Cheers

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have sent several things to be signed when I owned Shelby Mustangs. Never a problem & usually a personal note.

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that's great!

Can you post info on what you need to send him (money?), I would be interested in doing the same.

gtsbud, what did you have signed on your gts? I'm not sure what part is easily shipped on my 96 gts.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that's great!

Can you post info on what you need to send him (money?), I would be interested in doing the same.

gtsbud, what did you have signed on your gts? I'm not sure what part is easily shipped on my 96 gts.

Hey JWBOND!

I haven't had him sign anything for my Viper. But I know for a fact that Carroll Shelby will sign anything. If you can ship it to him he'll sign it. His website is:

http://www.shelbychildrensfoundation.org/autograph.asp

The items I have had him sign include a Shelby GT350 Owners Manual, magazine and Shelby Automobile Club Registry.

Oh, and you also get a authenticity certificate with each signed item.

Cheers!

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
for charity, even better! Makes me feel better about it AND I can run it through my company ;)

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$200.00 for an autograph! I give to charities often, this is shameful. We were at Barrett-Jackson and he was doing autographs for just a few bucks donated to his charity.

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if the resale would be any different, some people might not like it. But then again ol Carroll's not going to live forever and signatures go up when he passes............which could be sooner than not?

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$200.00 for an autograph! I give to charities often, this is shameful. We were at Barrett-Jackson and he was doing autographs for just a few bucks donated to his charity.
Provided it ALL goes to charity, I don't see anything shameful about it.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that Dan Fitzgerald "made" these special Vipers....by ordering white cars and putting on some decals and then having Carroll sign the gloveboxes with some type of order or numbering system, were they really Carroll Shelby cars ??? I think Dan had about a #20 grand mark up for the tlc....my $.02...thanks

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that Dan Fitzgerald "made" these special Vipers....by ordering white cars and putting on some decals and then having Carroll sign the gloveboxes with some type of order or numbering system, were they really Carroll Shelby cars ??? I think Dan had about a #20 grand mark up for the tlc....my $.02...thanks
Here my $.01 on the Carroll Shelby Vipers.
Dan Fitzgerald is a longtime personal friend of Carroll Shelby.
Fitzgeralds Motorsports collaberated with Carrol Shelby on the details/modifications to be performed. Ist was opening up the front grill to give it the Cobra look. Second was to add Cobra striping to the car along with some extra gills, badging, wheels and tires, performance seat belts and a few other appearance changes.
Then they added some performance mods. 3.73 rear gears. These really help the unmoded early R/T. K@N filters,tuned exhaust, modified PCM and a few othermods. They also have their own added Shelby ID tag and # So the CS Vipers are more than just a few decals put on them and signed by MR. Shelby. Hope this helps.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here my $.01 on the Carroll Shelby Vipers.
Dan Fitzgerald is a longtime personal friend of Carroll Shelby.
Fitzgeralds Motorsports collaberated with Carrol Shelby on the details/modifications to be performed. Ist was opening up the front grill to give it the Cobra look. Second was to add Cobra striping to the car along with some extra gills, badging, wheels and tires, performance seat belts and a few other appearance changes.
Then they added some performance mods. 3.73 rear gears. These really help the unmoded early R/T. K@N filters,tuned exhaust, modified PCM and a few othermods. They also have their own added Shelby ID tag and # So the CS Vipers are more than just a few decals put on them and signed by MR. Shelby. Hope this helps.

Hey SNKBYT...do know why the Shelby Vipers were not as successful as his Shelby Mustangs, etc? What I mean by successful is the quantity built and duration. It seems like there was a lack of planning...

To me it is absolutely natural for Shelby to modify a Viper and put his name on it...just my $.01

Any input is much appreciated!! :2tu:

Cheers

HISSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought I would share an image of my other ride with the glove box door Shelby signature. Had it signed with a $200 donation and received a certificate of authenticity numbered 427 by chance!

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456