Anyone using Partsrack's steel rollbar hoops and filler panel?

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at getting this or something similar so I can race again at the strip. :drive: Anyone using it of something different? Is it track acceptable for an SRT vert in the high 10's / low 11's? How much fun was it to install? Thanks in advance for the replies! :D

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking at getting this or something similar so I can race again at the strip. :drive: Anyone using it of something different? Is it track acceptable for an SRT vert in the high 10's / low 11's? How much fun was it to install? Thanks in advance for the replies! :D

I looked at the autoform roll bar, very nice. But it wont pass NHRA drag race rules. They require a vert to have a 6point. Each track is different though with what you can get away with. Techically a vert cant go fster then like 13.49 without safety stuff.
My track lets Verts and most any car run down to a 11.50 before needing a bar. But when I was at track, they let me run a few 11.3/11.4's and I didnt get kicked. He said though when I come back and its cooler, if I plan on running 10's, I need safety stuff. I told him my plans. He said If I get a hard top and 6 point harness and I think I need a fireproof jacket, I can run 10's. I planned on the hard top anyways for Viper days and the 6 point harness is good as well. So Ill get this stuff by fall hopefully.

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the Autoform Rollbar from Partsrack for HPDEs (no drag strip - no comment on their rules) -I installed it myself. Took me the better part of a day, but I tend to take my time (remove the seats, bulkhead cover, the stock "hoops", some of the carpet - some sheetmetal cutting with a sawsall and by hand, a bunch of silcone, and them some heaving and pushing while bolting things down).

Just make sure you get the plates that go on the wheel-well side of the lower crossbar (those plates were missing in my shipment)...

Ron

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang