April 16th 2011 Detail Clinic

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody still going in the rain? Weather does not look good. I will see everybody there but will be in the daily driver.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll be there unless it's a typhoon

Might not be too far off with what they're calling for! I did that on the way out to Carlisle last summer, and I made it. Don't want to repeat it though.

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again, the Viper got wet ... but did not melt, the earth did not implode ... the driver and passenger stayed dry (oh wait ... scratch that last one)

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A great event! Extra thanks go to Eric and his guys for the loan of the extra towels for the way home! We were soaked before we even made it to dinner with the Junkman!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad you guys made it home OK. I was glad I had the truck, because the drive home wasn't too sporty.

The day was a lot of fun though, and AJ was entertaining as usual.

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to Eric and his family for opening up their shop for us and hosting this day. Despite the horrible weather, turn out was great, we had Vipers show up from as far away as Syracuse and New Hampshire, and of course those of us that did not bring their Vipers were embarrassed by Victor and Diane who brought their Gen I side curtains and all:2tu:

Along with an informative day and the opportunity to meet some new Viper friends as well as old ones, the club made $180 from the raffle of a 5 gallon container of Adam's Detail Spray. Thanks Eric for providing this opportunity and your hospitality :headbang:

Carmen

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, the weather was crappy outside...but a pleasant time inside. Thanks for a nice time. Geez Frank...how did we not meet.

I know, I wish I knew you were there, I would have made it a point to introduce myself.

We should have made everybody were name tags.

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A huge thanks goes out to the Junkman and Eric @ Thompson racing. A quality event put together once again. Thanks for staying so late answering questions and for taking the sandpaper to my Viper finally. Now I just have to make the rest of the Viper look as good as the section you wet sanded.

Victor

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again, the Viper got wet ... but did not melt, the earth did not implode ... the driver and passenger stayed dry (oh wait ... scratch that last one)

But man, did we have fun!

Here are some pictures from the clinic. What a ball of fun that was. We ate good, we laughed quite a few times and we finally got to put some more faces with names. In all, those who could have made it and didn't, missed out on quite a fellowship.

Enough with words, let's get to the pictures. They speak volumes on the fun we had.

When I got to PA, the mayor welcomed me.

You must be registered for see images

Okay, maybe not personally, but I felt welcome anyway. :D

Steve's Prince of Steaks came through as usual. I had me one "with", and washed it down with a big ol' fruit punch. Man that was good!

Here's Eric and the rest of the crew from that night, getting our grub on.

Check out those shirts!

Meanwhile at the clinic on Saturday, I was given this bad boy to rub on:

It was actually in too good of shape to demo on, so I whipped around and used the Thompson "***** wagon" to demo on.

Here's what I found after shedding a little light on it. It had swirls, but it also had some holograms on it. Holograms are the tell-tell sign that a rotary was used on the paint:

After working a little magic on it, the holograms were gone and the swirls were pretty on their way to history.

Here's a shot of the new Thompson Racing beast. It had a sweet paint job on it.

Plenty folks showed up for the clinic and to buy stuff.

Salma Hayek and Jaime Pressly (My Name is Earl) showed up for some detailing knowledge. Okay, just joking! Actually, this is the passing of the torch with the last clinic's "Detail Darling of the Day" passing the torch to the new detail darling.

The only thing missing was me! I know, I'm such a dog!

Here I am showing the owner of that gorgeous ACR the ways of the Junkman shine.

He picked up the technique like a duck to water.

Then came the fun of the night. Victor had his Gen1 Viper at the first Thompson Racing clinic I did. There were some scratches around his gas tank that I had told him would require wet sanding in order to remove. He was not about to break out any sandpaper on his ride and continued to work the area with the PC to no avail. Well, I decided that during this clinic, those scratches would have to go.

Here's the ride in question:

And here's the damage:

So out came the sand paper and at it I went. For some reason, there were a lot of jokes going around at this time. I must have been in a giddy mood!

Here's the 2000 grit wet sanding damage:

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(con't)

Here's the final damage with 3000 grit. I had to alter the second photo in order to show that completely removing the damage is not always advisable, especially if you don't have a paint thickness gauge. Once I buff out the damage, you won't see any remaining damage anyway.

And now for the money shot:

And after the clinic was over, you know what time it was!

We all said bye to each other and took a couple of shots in parting. Brandi and Sandra were a big reason we had as many people that we did. I can't wait to see Sandra again as my cookies were allowed past airport security and I had crumbs all over the airplane! I'm dying for some more of Brandie's "house party" iced tea. Man, that stuff was sweet the way you find it in the hood! That banana pudding was to dis for too and I only had a rush job. I should have gotten some more!

That's all folks!

The Junkman

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Victor Thanks for ruining it for me, after 60,000 viper miles I was still certain vipers melted when they got wet:D

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah! Wish it wasnt raining as much as it was that day here in NY. Will there be another before 2011 ends?

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah! Wish it wasnt raining as much as it was that day here in NY. Will there be another before 2011 ends?

I have to talk to Eric, but I would like to do another one in the fall:headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth