Are the pedals adjustable??

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HI VCA members. I am not yet an owner of "The Beast" but i will be very shortly. This is my dream car and the greatest machine ever to come out of the states IMO.

One concern I have is that I don't fit all that well in one. I know I've read on here how guys that are 6'4" say no problem, but when I sat in one yesterday, my damn knee kept hitting the dash (I'm 6'2" 230). Annoying. So I realize that I will at least need to get the seat lowering kit. Probably 1" so that my wife can still drive it. I heard a rumor that the pedals are adjustable. Is this true and does it help us taller drivers? Specifically, I am talking about a GEN 1 RT/10. Thank you all for any help you can provide.

OP
OP
G

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Plum for the response. Are the pedals easily adjustable? Can I do this myself in a few minutes? In case I would want to adjust them for my wife lets say. Thanks.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GEN 1 RT/10 are NOT adjustable at all. I'm 6'3" and have not yet done the seat lowering kit, but it is definitely on my list. The best way to get legroom is to move the lower cushion all the way back, then recline the seat as much as possible. I think Tom has a way to modify the clutch pedal now, but other than that they are not moving anywhere.

OP
OP
G

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. I think that I will just have to be stuck looking into the lowering kits. THanks for the input carguy!

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, if you want a car with adjustable pedals you need to look at a '96 or later GTS and I believe '97 or later RT/10. After those years the pedals are adjustable via a knob under the dash. They move forward and aft 4". In the 2003 and later SRT/10's are electronically adjustable.

Nick