ashamed to be seen in your viper, if you see a c6 z06 ?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen..........My tongue firmly in cheeck........It is idiotic, it's also a view gen 3 owners have to read daily from gen 1/2 owners.....point made...it's all good.....Dave

The only thing idiotic is your initial post. Trying to perpetuate divisive disputes among gens is just dumb. The gen3 guys give it as much as they take it, so they get no sympathies from me. The only difference is that the gen3 guys have small number of crybabies like you on their side. No fault of the majority of my fellow distinguished gen3 brothers, but the whole "woe is me" **** gets old.

To be fair, there are a small number of idiots on the gen1/2 side as well. The majority of the Viper owners and enthusiasts acknowledges the pros and cons of all gens, and don't *****, whine and troll like the small minority of dumb@$$e$. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
L

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Warfang, please mention one other time i stirred the ***..... you can't.......I knew i'd get ripped for this post....were all car lovers and serious about our cars, and even though it's "just the internet" sometimes people post **** that's just plain rude......I don't buy your argument that the gen 1/2 board has as many troublemakers as gen3...... if I were to make a post about windshield wipers on the gen 3 board. somebody would post how the Z06 has titanium wipers that wipe better and don't look like ass........... I'm a big fan of everything Viper..don't judge me one silly post......Dave

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust me, I don't think there are any Viper owners worried about driving next to a ZO6 C6. The Viper, including all generations is not being upstaged by any Corvette anytime soon. I don't care how much horsepower it has. It still doesn't get it and lacks in aesthetics, originality, and rarerity. Is it a ZO6 nice sports car? I think we all have to agree. But when we're on the road, we steal the show before someone is trying to figure out if there looking at a C6 or C6 ZO6 or C5 or C5 ZO6 or whatever.

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a little story here.

Saturday, I went to get my car undercoated (since it was a Florida car and it's in Toronto now) and the rustproofing place emptied out as I drove up to park outside. As I drove it in to get done, one of the workers in there was taking several pictures on his phone and telling me that his relative was going to get either a new Z06 Corvette or a new Viper. He asked me what I thought about which to buy. Loaded question, right? I simply asked him how many pictures would he have taken if I drove a Vette in. He went silent.... :)

Santo

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep telling the guys in their Ferraris/Lambo's that they should be ashamed of driving next to my viper because they are slower, but for some reason they just laugh at me. :rolleyes:

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though I actually prefer the boob job, I'd still rather own (and do)the Viper. Refer to the latest issue of Autoweek....mush, mush.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
funny... I just pulled up behind a new vette, and spent the next 5 minutes behind him not able to figure out if it's a z06 or not. When I finally pulled up along side him, I STILL couldnt tell if it was a z06 or not until I finally saw the tiny badge on the side. When I passed him, I saw the phoney naca duct.

I think z06 owners should be ashamed when pulled up next to a c6. :rolleyes:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warfang, please mention one other time i stirred the ***..... you can't.......I knew i'd get ripped for this post....were all car lovers and serious about our cars, and even though it's "just the internet" sometimes people post **** that's just plain rude......I don't buy your argument that the gen 1/2 board has as many troublemakers as gen3...... if I were to make a post about windshield wipers on the gen 3 board. somebody would post how the Z06 has titanium wipers that wipe better and don't look like ass........... I'm a big fan of everything Viper..don't judge me one silly post......Dave

Dave: We're all entitled to one silly post... some more. Lord knows I've had my shares of them. The reason you as a gen3'er feel outnumbered is because you ARE. But proportionally, Gen3 folks hold their own and sometimes give some back in spades. That's not a complaint, it's admiration. Gen3's are on their 4th year production, while Gen1-2 have been around for over 13 yrs now... not to mention many that own a gen3 either used to have a gen1-2 or still do. Give it a couple years and things will feel a bit more evened out. The youngest sibling always gets the most ****. :D

We're all biased one way or the other to a certain extent, but only a select few take it too far and get stupid. We should learn to ignore these idiots and not perpetuate all the "venom" that just started to die down a little from the last few months. The VCA should be about people bonding over something they all can appreciate, not fight over which year is better. :2tu:

OP
OP
L

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On a side note, ever notice how vette owners (blush)sometimes pretend not to notice you when you pull up next to them.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can we kick this guy off here for asking this question? I mean, seriously, this has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

yeah, I'm ashamed of my car that most people have never seen before with an exotic engine and a body that makes Jolie look like a teenage boy. I'm ashamed of driving the reincarnation of the Shelby Cobra, a car that has one purpose and that's to scare the hell out of anyone crazy enough to drive it. I'm ashamed to drive a car that has a total production number similar to the yearly production of the vette. AND, I'm ashamed that I don't see myself every mile I drive down the road...

I owned had a 2004 C5 and would occationally run into a Viper and did my best to pretend the Viper wasn't there. Give it a few months and the $65K vette will be on sale for $30K at Carmax...

I think you win "Troll of the Year" and good for you, pulling it off in the last month of eligibility. :2tu:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a side note, ever notice how vette owners (blush)sometimes pretend not to notice you when you pull up next to them.

Yeah... that was the guy in the z06 I pulled up behind earlier today. I drove a friend's Gen3 once and got a vette wave from a distance, and when we got closer, he realized it was a Viper and the smile disappeared from his face and he looks away like I was never there.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I go out of my way whenever I see a vette to get in front of them so they can see my license plate frame that says:
"I LOVE CORVETTES
THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN"

ps I've owned 20+ corvettes and used to go to Bloomington Gold religiously and use to think I was hot "sheet", but now they don't compare. Not in the same league. Are they no class or low class or just plain Jane? I don't know, they are one of the 3, depends on the day.

PSS My brother has a 1984 Corvette with 6,000 mi that he takes out once in a blue moon. He loves the car and thinks its Pamela Anderson with bigger boobs. Can't be worth $8k but he loves it so to each their own. He and I are battling on the top poser of the year award and he's winning by a hair.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am totally ashamed when I see a new Z06 in my GTS...feel like a lowlife, **** of the earth, less than zero D bag...Imagine how other people with Hondas must feel...must be ready for suicide....AL... :buttkick:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Porsche guys are worse. Most vette guys have a "somewhat" grudging respect for a Viper, but nouveau rich Porsche guys are so damn eliteist. They won't even look at you at a light, they're so pissed all the bystanders are staring at the Viper, and they just disappear next to it.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Porsche guys are worse. Most vette guys have a "somewhat" grudging respect for a Viper, but nouveau rich Porsche guys are so damn eliteist. They won't even look at you at a light, they're so pissed all the bystanders are staring at the Viper, and they just disappear next to it.

At least vettes are also American muscle. :usa:

(don't bug me about DC and Germany) :p

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worst post I have seen Yet. This is a Viper forum. Not a Z06 forum. What do you think the answers would be from us. :bonker:

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a little story here.

Saturday, I went to get my car undercoated (since it was a Florida car and it's in Toronto now) and the rustproofing place emptied out as I drove up to park outside. As I drove it in to get done, one of the workers in there was taking several pictures on his phone and telling me that his relative was going to get either a new Z06 Corvette or a new Viper. He asked me what I thought about which to buy. Loaded question, right? I simply asked him how many pictures would he have taken if I drove a Vette in. He went silent.... :)

Santo

You got the Viper undercoated??

Peter-RedGTS'98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, you mean … smiling Toyota??? How could they produce a smiling muscular American car… I don’t get it. I love Viper for the look, brute force and crazy rush I always get. Second place takes C5.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i didn't even read the replys but the last thing I would ever do when I'm in a viper pulling upto a vette is be ashamed!

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats killing me is that someone had a brainfart idea that any of us would be ashamed. Are you Fking kidding me?

Lesson: Please put the crackpipe down before you post. :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker:
You must be registered for see images

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You got the Viper undercoated??

Ya. I don't like the idea of the car sitting in the garage getting moisture trapped under it for several months on end. I have a one piece garage mat that goes under the entire length and width of the car and a car cover but you can never be too careful. :)

Santo

GRAPE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just for the record, I have owned 5 Corvettes,(some of my best friends still do). I sold my last one in September, it had every go fast bolt on available putting out somewhere near 420HP. My best 1/4 mile was 12.71 at 108MPH, every Viper I raced (a lot of them) beat me; even when they were asleep at the lights. While the Corvette is called "Americas Only True Sports Car" and almost everyone who loves cars always has wanted to own one THEY ARE DEFINATTLY NOT A VIPER!!!

Ummmmm you need to pick a different hobby. 12.70's at 108, were you at Denver or what? With 420hp that's about the worst display I've ever seen. Just for grins, how quick have you been in a viper?

KC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the new vett is nothing but a wanabe viper look at the head lights and side of the car. They copied the viper but its still just a vett