ATTENTION STEVE FERGUSON!! SRT COUPE SIGHTED!!!!

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at todays date! How did APRIL 1 sneek up on me? Looks like it snuck up on a lot of people....

Sorry friend. I'm all for a good joke. But when it comes to the Coupe? It's serious business.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The certificate program should begin with those trusting soles that plunked down 100k & over for the test mules.

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And if they do release the coupe soon, are you guys going to b**ch about the coupon program and why some presidents (or whoever) got their cars before others? Today, in hindsight, it should be crystal clear that DC did us all a favor with the coupon program. We got to get the cars without getting gouged (like Ford buyers will now get) and we got them before the non faithful got them. I for one think that DC did us a huge favor with the coupon program.
PS Pictures of my other comp coupe are going to be posted soon.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I just spent the day with Dodge marketing, SRT and Chrysler Executives and I can tell you that that IF they decided to build a coupe that there has been absolutly NO DISCUSSION of a certificate program.

As for the person who said they saw something we did get verification that it was NOT a SRT Coupe.

As for people that said a petition would not work that may or may not be true, but effort goes a long way to getting and proving that there is a market for a car, and I would guarentee you that it will NOT hurt to do one.

Take this for whatever its worth, there was a real BUZZ in the room tonight, and even with the booze flowing there were no slips, but here were also no denials to the question of a Coupe.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

THANK YOU!

Jay K.

PS. Next Time SAUCE'EM UP ALOT MORE!!

LOL!!

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ah just take an SRT-10 and stick an 89 Lebaron body on it...

It worked for the Silver State (sort of)! 207+ MPH world speed record on a highway. Some small block Mopar V-8. And since the V-10 is based on a small block Mopar...

gowings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car could of vary well been the viper coupe development model, but king's friend said that the car had a spoiler (comp coupe style). Now, i know the comp coupe uses a racing type spoiler for the car. I'm just wondering if that was the same arch style wing (comp coupe) under that canvas it wouldn't of been a production car with a wing of that magnitude. I don't even know if they would put one on for a production viper. The GTS didn't come equiped with one.

Detroit Red Wings- Western Conference Champions, President's Trophy winner!

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve!!!!!!! This was posted on our site!!!! Please elaborate!!!!!!!! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

So Said ROLLMODEL:

Alright...before you guys jump to conclusions, here is the breakdown. My buddy goes to school over at U of M, and every weekend he comes home on I-94. Because he's in that area he sees a lot of body cladded testing cars on his drives around the area.

So he pulls up on this car and he calls me up immediately. "Hey, you will not [******] believe this but I'm riding next to what looks like the new GTS!" He's a tuperware guy(vette driver) but he sure knows when he sees a viper.

He said it was incredibly wide, had some side pipes sticking out quite far from the rockers...few inches. Had a spoiler smaller than the competition coupe, and very deep vents behind the hood (and a split louver in the center of the hood). It looked much more production refined than the comp coupe in looks, but the body panels didn't all line up perfectly. And the car was caked with sensors on the exterior. It was bright viper red with NO cladding on it.

He said he paced it and finally the guy went off an exit ramp and gave it some go pedal....needless to say it sounded like a real ********** v-10 and it had some get-up to it. Makes me think what dodge is thinking right now. :laugh:

King, I have a friend that also lives in the same area so your buddy, and guess what I got this morning? I got a phone call, at about 5am my time. My bud calls and is all excited and says he saw the new Viper. I am sleepy and tell him it's 6am here in California, and good for him (or something like that.) He clarifies that he saw the new Viper COUPE. I don't recall what I said to him to be honest, but then he told me he took a photo of it with his camera phone. I told him to email it to me and then I went back to sleep.

Well I woke up this morning and had forgotten about that phone call until i got home from the movies. So I check my mail about 30 mins ago and I have an email from him. Now my friend doesn't own a Viper, but he has friends with them, me included. Here's his email:

Dood, We noticed this shiny ass car on one of the side roads that parrallels the freeway. I saw it the car in the road not moving, so I got a good look at it. I was like, what the F**K is that? So Ben and I decide to take the next exit and move over to the junction road to go check it out. This take all but only 2 mins or so and the car is gone. Damn! So we decide to keep going and we're hauling ass. A few minutes later we see the car way up ahead now getting on the interstate. It's early in the morning on Saturday, so there is almost no traffic. I punch it to try to catch up. Sure enough, we catch up to it and I'll be damned if it aint a Viper. It had some stupid chrome/mirror type paint job on it and the windows were tinted. I told Ben to hurry and take a photo of it, but we didn't have our cameras. Ben then remembered that his phone could take a picture, and he snapped one off just before it hit the brakes hard and then exited. Too bad, as we wanted to talk to whoever was driving it. We were going about 90 when we took that photo, circled back around but could not find it. From what we saw, it looked like the car was much wider than the typical viper, and then from the side it looked longer. The roof seemed lower than normal and had a skinny scoop on it. Side windows were wicked (kind of like the Saleen S7.) The wheels where huge -- looked like 20's or larger. At first we thought it might have been a comp coupe, but comparing it to photos afterwards it is apparant it is not the same thing. Might have been a body kit like you have on yours, but it didn't look like a kit nor did the car sound stock. This thing was LOOOWWWW -- like 2 inches off the ground. Looked bad ass. Probably testing it out of the factory for a 2006 Street Coupe? *DAVE

---

Here's the photo (reload page if the image doesnt come up)

You must be registered for see images

Mach500

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy Sh*t! :eek:

That car is SICK! :headbang:

DC, where should I send my check to? :laugh:

Sign me up for order #1.

Manny, thanks for the pic. :2tu:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Am I the only one here that thinks AUTOFORM? or custom 1-off job? That is definatly not an SRT platform... that is a GTS.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve!!!!!!! This was posted on our site!!!! Please elaborate!!!!!!!! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

So Said ROLLMODEL:

Alright...before you guys jump to conclusions, here is the breakdown. My buddy goes to school over at U of M, and every weekend he comes home on I-94. Because he's in that area he sees a lot of body cladded testing cars on his drives around the area.

So he pulls up on this car and he calls me up immediately. "Hey, you will not [******] believe this but I'm riding next to what looks like the new GTS!" He's a tuperware guy(vette driver) but he sure knows when he sees a viper.

He said it was incredibly wide, had some side pipes sticking out quite far from the rockers...few inches. Had a spoiler smaller than the competition coupe, and very deep vents behind the hood (and a split louver in the center of the hood). It looked much more production refined than the comp coupe in looks, but the body panels didn't all line up perfectly. And the car was caked with sensors on the exterior. It was bright viper red with NO cladding on it.

He said he paced it and finally the guy went off an exit ramp and gave it some go pedal....needless to say it sounded like a real ********** v-10 and it had some get-up to it. Makes me think what dodge is thinking right now. :laugh:

King, I have a friend that also lives in the same area so your buddy, and guess what I got this morning? I got a phone call, at about 5am my time. My bud calls and is all excited and says he saw the new Viper. I am sleepy and tell him it's 6am here in California, and good for him (or something like that.) He clarifies that he saw the new Viper COUPE. I don't recall what I said to him to be honest, but then he told me he took a photo of it with his camera phone. I told him to email it to me and then I went back to sleep.

Well I woke up this morning and had forgotten about that phone call until i got home from the movies. So I check my mail about 30 mins ago and I have an email from him. Now my friend doesn't own a Viper, but he has friends with them, me included. Here's his email:

Dood, We noticed this shiny ass car on one of the side roads that parrallels the freeway. I saw it the car in the road not moving, so I got a good look at it. I was like, what the F**K is that? So Ben and I decide to take the next exit and move over to the junction road to go check it out. This take all but only 2 mins or so and the car is gone. Damn! So we decide to keep going and we're hauling ass. A few minutes later we see the car way up ahead now getting on the interstate. It's early in the morning on Saturday, so there is almost no traffic. I punch it to try to catch up. Sure enough, we catch up to it and I'll be damned if it aint a Viper. It had some stupid chrome/mirror type paint job on it and the windows were tinted. I told Ben to hurry and take a photo of it, but we didn't have our cameras. Ben then remembered that his phone could take a picture, and he snapped one off just before it hit the brakes hard and then exited. Too bad, as we wanted to talk to whoever was driving it. We were going about 90 when we took that photo, circled back around but could not find it. From what we saw, it looked like the car was much wider than the typical viper, and then from the side it looked longer. The roof seemed lower than normal and had a skinny scoop on it. Side windows were wicked (kind of like the Saleen S7.) The wheels where huge -- looked like 20's or larger. At first we thought it might have been a comp coupe, but comparing it to photos afterwards it is apparant it is not the same thing. Might have been a body kit like you have on yours, but it didn't look like a kit nor did the car sound stock. This thing was LOOOWWWW -- like 2 inches off the ground. Looked bad ass. Probably testing it out of the factory for a 2006 Street Coupe? *DAVE

---

Here's the photo (reload page if the image doesnt come up)

THANKS suberbar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think its a Gen II. Look at the windshield - looks much more like a Gen III windshield than a gen II (wrap-around) windshield - Boy, if they build tha body with some extra hoof - it's trade-in city for me.

2000 GTS Steel Grey, Ballanger headers, Random tech metal cats, Corsa cat back, stop teck 4 wheel, smooth tubes.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one here that thinks AUTOFORM? or custom 1-off job? That is definatly not an SRT platform... that is a GTS.

I think there's something a little funny about the photo too. Looks like it could be a photoshop job.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, that is DEFINITELY a Gen 3 windshield. The roof is all different too. I just placed this image next to my car -- not even close.

Mach500

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny,

This isn't a joke, is it? If it is, it's way too cruel, and VCA should ban you from this site. If not, VCA should give you the April give-a-way, whatever it is.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This just in!! Manny pulled a photo shop fast one on us!! This is NOT the Coupe! It's Manny's Viper!!

MOTION TO BAN!!!

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This just in!! Manny pulled a photo shop fast one on us!! This is NOT the Coupe! It's Manny's Viper!!

MOTION TO BAN!!!

BAHAHA! You got me. Damn it, if Gerald hadn't posted and killed my fun. VCA, please don't ban me. :)

Manny

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

MOTION TO BAN!!!

BAHAHA! You got me. Damn it, if Gerald hadn't posted and killed my fun. VCA, please don't ban me. :)

Manny

LOL!

GTzViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's about the best photo shop I've seen!!
You can even see the reflection of the other car!
But that was still waaaay too mean, geting our hopes up like that...It's just not right! I second the motion to band until we see a pic. of the real street coupe!

Speedstyle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody in Michigan knows that I-94 aint got sh*t anyways lol. Except for lots of potholes and hundreds of highway patrol officers waiting behind the underpasses of bridges. LOL

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real problem, and one that I haven't seen yet, is that the picture shows lots of trees. And all of the trees have leaves. I have no idea but I would bet that I-94 doesn't have a grean leaf anywhere along the entire length of the freeway. To mimic Detroit at this time of year you need drab, and lots of it!

I Ben Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny, I will personally start a petition to have you lead the design team for the Viper Street Coupe. There's more Viper in the picture you posted than all of the Gen III built to date including the Comp Coupe! Maybe a little adjustment here or there but you've got Viperness down cold.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32