Austin, VOI 9....come in side

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, ILLSMOQ, for the compliment. I love the SSG/black combo and glad I went this route instead of the traditional stripes.

Not only is my tire rubbing the inner liners, it is also hitting the edge of the inside of the fender when I get aggressive with it. I think that is due to the 20 x 13 I am running in the rear. I guess it would have been better to go with a 12.5"? Would it be possible for the wheel manufacturer (iForged) to "lathe off" .5 of an inch for better tire fitment? I figure that even a half of an inch would give me enough outside clearance to keep from rubbing the outside of the tire.

It isn't the wheel. It is your tire. The tire you run sticks well, but they are not for slammed cars. Change the tires!!! Problem solved. You run the identical wheel to my red car, same offset, backspace, widths, etc...and the red car was on the ground. A simple tire change would completely solve your issue.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man. How is your car these days? Does your buddy up there still have the Copperhead on Monacos?

Mine is a blast, but I keep seeing these ACR's and I want one....or a ACR clone...so I'm toying with the idea of switching to a coupe at some point, I love the drop top though.

Mike sold the Copper head with the Monacos....so it's become kind of dull around these parts.

I Forged does put in a slightly more agressive offset in their wheels than HRE...when Mike had the PS2 it rubbed the edge of the fender too. On my car the PS2 never really touched the edge of the fender. You don't want to mess with milling down the wheels, just live with it rubbing or switch to the Pirelli. I like the more aggressive offsset I forged does.

The Motons need to be refilled every so often, Mine drop about 20 PSi with in 6 months. I bought the refill kit from Nader on this site, works perfect.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats the good thing about a viper is you dont have to be a pro photographer the Viper just always looks good ;)