Auto Show/Parade Fun Bike & Run May 3

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NY/CT and other Viper Clubs , one of our members need our support for this event to help put smiles on many kids face. If you can attend please post and I will put up more details as it get closer. :usa::usa::usa: Thank You

Peekskill Rotary Fun Bike & Run

You must be registered for see images attach

May 3, 2009 at FDR Park in Yorktown, NY

Peekskill Rotary Fun Bike & Run and Auto show / Parade

Join us for a terrific day of outdoor fun at FDR Park in Yorktown NY. Come join us for three exciting events including a 1.75 mile kids bike race, a separate 1.5 mile kids running event followed by an auto parade that kids of ALL AGES can participate in! The first 300 entrants get a FREE event T-Shirt so enter early.

Peekskill Rotary is organizing this event for children between the ages of 5 and 18. The event is designed for kids who would like to explore the experience of a biking and/or running race, while learning from seasoned athletes who specialize in these disciplines how to prepare, warm up and compete in these types of races. Kids from 5 to 18 are all welcome to participate.

While here, enjoy our auto show parade auction. Come see exotic and interesting automobiles and bid to be a passenger in the auto parade. The highest bidder for each car will earn the privilege of being a passenger in the auto parade around FDR Park. Just think what it would be like to have a ride in a convertible Viper, exotic sports car or maybe even a fire truck! We are also planning to offer hay rides.

You must be registered for see images attach

The proceeds from this event will help raise funds for the Peekskill Rotary. See the Peekskill Rotary page on the site for more information about Rotary.

Schedule of Events:

9:30 am Check in for both running and cycling events

9:30 am Auto show opens

10:15 am Bike race begins

11:15 am Running race begins

12:15 am Winners and awards announced followed by auto parade

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please add me as a maybe, I'll confirm as the time gets closer. So is this near Peekskill? How far from Chuck's time wise?

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I am helping to set up this event with the Peekskill Rotary. They do good work in the community and really need the help. I'm having a meeting with the rest of the organizers next week to see how things are coming along, which looks great so far. This is one of those events that is getting bigger and bigger as the weeks go by. Should be lots of fun.

This is really a chance to see just how much the public loves all these cars we parade around the streets, once the auction gets underway. If anyone knows any friends with Lambos or other exotics, they are more than welcome. We might even let in a few Vettes...lolol.

Thanks again,

Andrew

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From Don Rizzo, Event manager:

Guys,

There is no pre-registration or fee. Please come the morning of the event and plan on getting there at about 8:45. I am looking into getting a police ****** from the BJ's parking lot about a mile down the road to the event to make a dramatic arrival. Stay tuned for more information about this. There is a Dunkin Doughnuts in the same parking lot and you can hang out and BS before the event which starts at 9:30 am. There is a Peekskill police officer in Rotary and I have already spoken with him about the ******. He's reaching out to the Yorktown police to see if the ****** is doable. We are asking them to participate in the auto show/parade as well since I think kids are also fascinated by cop cars, fire trucks and ambulances. I think this is the perfect event to break them of that fascination and get them properly introduced to some real vehicles!

I am really appreciative of the Viper clubs support and involvement and I want to thank you all in advance for all you are doing. I also want to encourage you to bring your kids to participate in the run and hay rides etc. I can't imagine any of you strapping a bike rack on your cars so I'll leave that option out.

I'm curious about which of you thinks you might get the highest bid for a ride in your car. I know Steve's new ACR is a real head turner but I don't know the rest of the cars coming and who will command the highest bid. I'm hoping for a lot of interest across the board.

Don Rizzo
Sun Mortgage Company, Inc.
2 Robbie Rd.
Cortlandt Manor, NY 10567

914-736-2889
914-739-6705 - Fax

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys:

More details:

We meet @ 8:30 at BJ's which is about 30 seconds west of the Taconic State Parkway off the Route 202 exit northbound (or south...same thing).

8:30 - 9:00 each driver fills out a sheet of info about his / her car which they will take with them to the FDR Park as we will have a police ****** to the park from the BJ's parking lot.

9:15 Police ****** to the Event at FDR Park.

I will organize all cars in the parking area, plenty of room available. Each car will have a number that will correspond to an auction sheet. Remember, the idea is the public will bid on getting a ride in your car, so if you do not want to give that ride, you are welcome at the event, but you obviously will not be part of the auction.

The auction will close about 11:30, the winners will be announced and will proceed to thier winning bid-car, get in and the parade-ride will start at 12:00 promptly.

That's it so far guys, thanks for everything. It's a great charity we are helping out.

Andrew
:usa:

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew, a week before the event I will ask Juli to send out a mass e-mail to our members ....

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Below is the time and location where we must meet:

8:45am
BJ'S Wholesale Club
3303 Crompond Rd.
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
(914) 734-9700

Confirmed So Far
*** BLK
Chazz
Andrew2K
ACR Steve
UKViper
Jimmy
MKTAXMAN

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper is leaving the wizards so I'm just confirming that I'll be there. The weather looks cooler but it should still be a great day. See you there!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, looks like the weather will be great. Friday is the rain day.

Now an update. Mr. President, :usa: Sir, said 8:45 meeting up above. He is correct. However, don't be afraid to show up early. I have to organize the cars to see who actually wants to be in the auction and who just wants to be part of the show. Everyone in the auction will be asked to fill out a short form explaining some of the cool things about your car, such as Scott's still having the new nubs on the tires, who has what upgrades, H.P., all the stuff that would make someone bid on getting a ride in the car around the park. That's the whole push here; to sell bids for people to get a ride in your car at a whopping 20 mph, around FDR Park. Hey, it's mostly for the kids.

Anyway, at 9:15 we will have a Police :drill:****** to FDR Park from the BJ's parking lot. SO as you can see, we only have a small 30 minute window to get organized, and the way it looks, I might be getting some real sick cars to show up thanks to some friends with other high end exotics.

Thanks again, c u Sunday May 3rd.

I won't have my car, as it is still under construction. Look for the Ram with a Checkered and American :usa:Flag waving high.

Oh, and I hope someone will be taking pics. Even if I do, I never had luck posting pics.

AC

ukviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Viper is leaving the wizards so I'm just confirming that I'll be there. The weather looks cooler but it should still be a great day. See you there!

Unfortunately mine will still be at the Wizards as it needs the dreaded headgaskets...so I will not be able to make it.

Nick

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick, thank you very much and we will see you the next time

Andrew, I will arrive around 8 and just have coffee untill everyone get there

THANK YOU ALL for supporting this event ...............Adrian

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys:

THIS SHOW IS ON !!!

SEE YOU IN BJ'S PARKING LOT. IF HEADING NORTHBOUND ON THE TACONIC, GET OFF AT 202-YORKTOWN EXIT. MAKE A LEFT, ABOUT A 1/2 MILE IS BJ'S PARKING LOT ON YOUR LEFT. I WILL BE IN THERE WITH A TRUCK, THEN WE WILL HAVE THE POLICE ****** TO THE PARK

The only way this will be cancelled is if we wake up in the morning and it is pouring rain. Then I will scramble as early as I can and call everyone.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off I have to say that I never really was as hands on in helping to set up an event as I was for this one and I must thank those to made the effort and came out. When the weather is if-y and the mood is down on any event, it feels real good to see people take time out of thier day and come out to help you out. The weather started out good, but only lasted about an hour and then turned from a slow drizzle to a steady rain. People stuck around with umbrellas and helped make the showing respectable.

Thanks so much Steve, Adrian and Jimmy for sticking it out, and to whoever made the attempt. We did have a pretty good showing of 4 Vipers, a Z06, Mercedes, Porsche, Bentley, a 1962 Mack Truck, a Lambo, and the guys from Grand Prix NY came and offered rides around the park. The Rotary made a few bucks and it all went to a great cause. Interesting how it was geared towards the kids getting rides in the cars, but I think more adults donated for thier own rides.

Thanks again. Jimmy I think you were taking soome pics, maybe you can post ?

AC

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen