Autometer Shift Light tach wire hookup (?)

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install an Autometer digital pro shift system light in my '03: Auto Meter - and am curious where any of you with a Gen 3 have hooked up your tach wire? :confused:

Of course there's several threads here pointing to using the #7 coil driver (#1 spark plug) or tapping into the #1 fuel injector signal wire. There is no tach lead to tap into. :dunno:

So my question is, who has done it successfully and how did you do it? Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated! :D

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You already have a SHIFT LITE secretly installed by Team SRT !!

That annoying federalized yellow upshift lite for the Skip Shift? It is programmed to TURN RED when you hit the peak RPM range for a power upshift.

This feature is not outlined in any brochure or dealer notes, but the SNEAKY-SNAKEY CAR GUYS at Team SRT built one in for themselves !!!!!

OP
OP
B

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jon :rolleyes: nooottt quite answer I was looking for!

BTW, the visco-lok, gears and exhaust are awesome! As always, you rock! :2tu: Looks like the squeal after the car warms up may be coming from the alternator pully that was swapped for the Paxton install...more to follow! :drive:

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You already have a SHIFT LITE secretly installed by Team SRT !!

That annoying federalized yellow upshift lite for the Skip Shift? It is programmed to TURN RED when you hit the peak RPM range for a power upshift.

This feature is not outlined in any brochure or dealer notes, but the SNEAKY-SNAKEY CAR GUYS at Team SRT built one in for themselves !!!!!

The only thing I would change is to a brighter bulb behind that light in the dash...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
....Thanks Jon :rolleyes: nooottt quite answer I was looking for!

BTW, the visco-lok, gears and exhaust are awesome! As always, you rock! .....

Geeez, Billy, I alert you to a FREE, Pre-Installed Shift Lite, and you're STILL Not Happy !

I wonder how many SRT10 Owners besides Vipermann know THEY HAVE THAT FREE LIGHT TOO ?!

OP
OP
B

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very happy for your tip, Jon....:D....but, if I see that light come on before shifting, then I'm already too late...especially with the blower. Looking to set the light a few hundred RPM's lower so I can granny shift it! :stooges:

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You mean a cockpit like this ? :D:D:D

You must be registered for see images attach

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine reads the tach from the AEM, but you can also pick the tach reading from the coils.

Helps to have 10 power leds flash in your eye when you need to shift in high HP Vipers. ;);)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang