Average MPG?

BC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a '95 RT/10 - getting about 12 mpg with 95% City driving... and that's being good with the 'pedal' (which is so hard to do in a car like this!!!).

OP
OP
D

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya, I get ******* mine at least 3 times per tank of gas it seems like. I keep track of gas mileage to check for fluctuations that might give me an early sign of something going wrong.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen I: worst 4.4 lol I averaged around 7-8
Gen II: 8-10 average. I did hit the 20s a few times with a lot of really lame ass highway 6th gear driving.
Gen IV: Seems like around 10 is what I average. I'll hit 14-15 once in a while and dip into the 7-9 range. I did get almost 30 mpg on one tank when I was going really easy on the highway but I hardly ever go that light for that long so I don't expect to see that again.

I do have to say, with each generation, I keep getting more power and slightly better mpg. Upgrading vipers is the little bit I can do to save the planet....

lilgookiemonsta

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm seeing around 10 with 70% city driving. On a 2400 mile roadtrip from WA to IN I saw 24 MPG :D

vipertanz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL I have a gen 1 and it goes from bad to worse glad it is not a daily driver. Best cars ever made no matter what the MPG is.

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have obsessively kept meticulous records since getting my 2005 SRT10. My average over 4,976 miles has been 16.1 mpg. Best was 20.4 in 296.6 miles, a tank that included a 130 mph run and a 200 mile highway & freeway trip dropping 3000 feet in elevation. Worst was 9.9 over 70.2 miles, but this was mostly a hard run up a steep and heavily switchbacked mountain road on a Viper cruise (only one snake stayed ahead of me and a perky but pesky RT10 clung to my rear).

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends...3 (racing) to 26 (freeway, 6th gear, long distances, boring) mpg

BC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GRNBGON - so TRUE that we Viper owners own the THE most awesome car in the world! I'm there with ya, too, VIPERTANZ!

Maybe I am a bit nutz (and still a fairly new owner of this amazing car), but as I am about to head to bed, I just HAD to stop and go in my garage and check "her" out... I am a LUCKY SOB to own this kind of vehicle - I just can't cannot wait until a break in the rain to take 'er out for another spin!!!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the fact mine uses gas like it does make me giggle. i enjoy burning fuel.

fuel = power :)

to the greenies - KMA

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Worst was 9.9 over 70.2 miles, but this was mostly a hard run up a steep and heavily switchbacked mountain road on a Viper cruise (only one snake stayed ahead of me and a perky but pesky RT10 clung to my rear).

Dale,,,by chance, was this the Devil's Highway, Rt 666 (U.S. 191) in eastern Az.?

:omg: 900 switchbacks, 1000 to 9000 feet elvation change, no guardrails.......... :drive:

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dale,,,by chance, was this the Devil's Highway, Rt 666 (U.S. 191) in eastern Az.?

:omg: 900 switchbacks, 1000 to 9000 feet elevation change, no guardrails.......... :drive:

No, Zen. The Club cruise was on US-89 up the Yarnell hill, through Peeples Valley, and up the west face of the Bradshaw Mountains into Prescott.

My wife and I took our Viper on a 3 day Devil's Highway outing with a Corvette club. We stayed at Hannagan Meadow Lodge, took the 180 loop into New Mexico, and made multiple runs of various lengths on 666. As you know, not words, pictures, or videos -- nothing -- can describe that road; it must be experienced.

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife and I took our Viper on a 3 day Devil's Highway outing with a Corvette club. We stayed at Hannagan Meadow Lodge, took the 180 loop into New Mexico, and made multiple runs of various lengths on 666. As you know, not words, pictures, or videos -- nothing -- can describe that road; it must be experienced.

:drive: Dale,,,Thanks for the reply. I've made the 666 run with the Prowlers for seven years now. We go up through the Salt River Canyon,,,to Show Low, and then spend the night in Springerville. Day 2, 'down' the long, tight winding, argueably the best driver's challenge in the country. A few of those people with us have driven the Tail of the Dragon in N. Carolina, and say the Devil's Highway is a greater challenge?

Maybe this year we will invite the Vipers to join us...and let them lead the way.

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured i am getting about 18-19,but almost all highway driving. I can tell the difference when i drive in town though.Probably about ten then.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With my '94 on the Taconic Parkway, a 52 mile one-way commute, I get a consistent 19 MPG, same as my '06 Charger. Doesn't say much for modern technology, huh? If I could get snow tires, I'd drive the R/T all year.

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 25000HD Duramax does 12 in the city all day long - my 08 Viper gets a good 15 city if not more...and 23 highway easy. No way can a Viper **** more gas than a lifted and moddded Duramax weighing almost twice as much.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I once calculated 27mpg in my '95. I think it was a fluke/pump calibration error.... I can hit 24 tho with low revs/55-60.

Urhuckleberry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't pay attention to it...gets crappy GPM (Gallons per mile:lmao:) around town and really good MPG on the freeway trips to Vegas...Guess thats a good thing, cuz I usually lose my rear in Vegas anyways.

I figured it costs money to drive the car of my dreams...I do notice I spend a lot more time and money at the pumps now than before I had the Viper. Gas attendant always loves to come out and check out the car and say hi:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets