B&B Exhaust Install Question

hatda02GTS01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi all. Real quick general how does it work question.

So I bought B&B 1 3/4 headers and the full B&B header back system quite some time ago. I decided it was time to install. So I started ripping out the old exhaust last weekend and finished this weekend. On the factory exhaust there is a section of pipe that connects the shorty header to the section of pipe with the cat that runs under the door sill. This section of pipe that I mentioned has about 10" of flex pipe in it.

On the passenger side I have gone as far as installing the headers, collector, and the pipes all the way to the bend in front of the rear wheel. When I grab this exhaust it is SOLID. I mean it is mounted real well and will not move. So this brings about my question. Since this new exhaust is so solid and it has no flex pipe, what happens when the engine flexes when you give it gas? I would assume the flex pipe in the factory exhaust compensated, but what does it in the B&B setup? It almost looks like something would have to break. Or am I totally overlooking/overthinking here?

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a complete B&B setup, best choice in sound one can make!!

I have zero issues with it being Solid. I think that there is al little room in the collector to compensate engine movement.