B&M Ripper Question

Stiffler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received my Ripper in the mail today. Once I removed it from the packaging and was inspecting it, I noticed that there are no stops to adjust the throw on the shifter body. Is this normal?
confused.gif

OP
OP
S

Stiffler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Fast Freddie for your reply. I didn't have much luck with search so I called B & M. Here's the scoop, as FF mentioned, the Ripper's used to come with stops. However, according to B&M, people would set their stops to shorten the throw of the shifter even further, which obviously wouldn't let the trans go fully into gear and allowed the trans to pop out of gear thus creating many consumer call-ins to B&M. So they eliminated the stops to prevent this from happening, he also claimed that we have internal stops in our transmissions. Any trans experts in here that can back up the internal stop data?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard the same thing from B&M, and I can say that the stock shifter does NOT have any stops on it, so the B&M ain't doing anything worse than the factory unit.

rgifford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a little searching and save youself some time and money by getting the MGW shirt throw shifter(IMHO). I went that route and can not be happier. The MGW knob cuts 2 or 3 inches off the hight of the shifter.

Robert

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you to that ad a solid steel shaft (stock height) then you have a pefect combination.
/JP
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rgifford:
Do a little searching and save youself some time and money by getting the MGW shirt throw shifter(IMHO). I went that route and can not be happier. The MGW knob cuts 2 or 3 inches off the hight of the shifter.

Robert

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Devin 97 Blue GTS:
Here is a picture of the B&M Ripper with a MGW shirt throw shifter.
You must be registered for see images

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which pedals are those?

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are the ZAF pedals. I wanted to get them, but have heard that the little rubber pads come off.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960