Babbling Exhaust CPU driven??

dunce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2005 vert and I do love the exhaust sound. Have a sort of have a bet with some buddies about the noise.
I noticed that the burrble when you coast only last a certain amount of time, regardless of RPM, roar grade etc.

Do you think this "Letting off the gas burrble" is actually computer generated??? Don't laugh some motorcycle computers DO cycle the idle speeds, cause' as any hot-cammed hot rodder knows....no high powered machine can idle well.

z

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
that is the Decel Fuel Shutoff timer. It is part of the programming, but not for what you think...

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I heard the Gen3 exhaust uses active noise cancellation. Could this be related to the effect you are noticing?

Is there any beer in the fridge?

D

DAMN YANKEE

Daniel, I would like to know what the Decel Fuel Shutoff timer is all about. what is it for?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
From what I can tell, it serves two purposes:

1. It eases shifting because a shift takes place before the timer times out, in effect not "turning off the engine". It helps to keep the RPM's from dropping like a rock inbetween shifts, well below the target rev match.

2. I also suspect it has to do with emissions. By allowing a metered amount of fuel to go through the engine at low load, it would allow the unburnt fuel to collect in the cats, which then followed by fuel shutoff, would increase cat temp drastically, but in a controlled manner.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4