Bait and Switch at Parts Rack

OP
OP
T

Triple7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon b.
1. Borla offers Gen II exhaust systems in 3 different part numbers, and they are not all the same system. Your website does not tell which system you sell.
2. You say I am not a buyer because I want to know part numbers to determing which system you sell. (could it be that if I had the part number I could find a cheaper price?) But you go on to say I wanted a Borla and fast. Isn't that contradicting #1? Also I explained that I live in GA and have had Vipers for 6 years and have heard all the systems including Random Tech.
3. I didn't ask you for your advise.....I told you I like Borla sound the best and why. I know exactly what I want. Excuse me for asking which Borla system you sell. If you can't give me a part number I have no way of knowing which system you are selling. I figured you should know the products you are selling......in this case you either don't or don't want to tell. (is it because you are trying to sell something else?????)
4. I didn't ask for your "honest advise" I simply asked which Borla system you sell and I couldn't get an "HONEST ANSWER"
5. If you didn't have Borla on your web site I would have not wasted your time and mine. You and not the only supplier of Viper parts and you do not have the best prices so don't worry Jon B. I will never again waste my time with someone like you.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While we are on the JonB subject, Did everyone know he has the Pace car decal set for the '96 Vipers (blue/white) If you own a blue white you are crazy not to grab these while they are available. Very short supply.

Thanks for getting these Youdaman

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay....my turn to drop in on JonB. I was in Seattle last week on my 6000 mile viper excursion trip...see Western Canada forum for details. I scratched the right front wheel on a tall curb in Seattle. I called JonB(it was a Wednesday) and he dropped off a SRT wheel for me at a tire dealership in Camas, Washington and paid for the mounting. I drove to Camas and got a wheel that was perfect. He even called me several times to insure that everything was done right and to my satisfaction. Bottom line...great guy, great prices, and great advice.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Borla cat back exhaust and as has been posted in other threads...there is a REALLY bad drone at 1500-1750 rpm...and I've done some long trips in the car and it really does weigh on you.

I can hardly wait to order headers, a corsa exhaust and a full set of PS2's from Jon and if I get him on a particular Monday, I'll be sure to bust his balls about his listening to the Boomtown Rats "I don't like Mondays" in the shop.

Regards,
Aaron

V

Venomiss

Just for the record:
Jon has been very supportive of the Viper Club at the Regional and National levels. While his bedside manner may not appeal to eveyone his actions shine through. Unlike those folks that know exactly what they want every time, many Viper owners seek the advice of a professional like JonB and are grateful for it - especially on a Monday.

Triple
If this is the worst thing that's happened to you as a customer then you must have better luck than the rest of us.

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the Borla cat back no cats. Sound was the best I have heard on any viper. Have Bellanger Headers no cat and B&B cat back and if you are looking for the best sounding go with the Borla. Partsrack... In my dealing with Jon he is a little rough around the edges but I think he is just very busy and running a one man band. All in all I would do business with him again.

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the old Borla. no cats and the damn thing at idle sounds like a scarab. Mean and deep.
Had a state trooper pull up slowly next to me at a light, put his window down to listen to it, then pull up right next to me, and told me that that was the meanest sounding car he has heard. Gave me a nod and a thumbs up. He turned around at the median up the street and went back the other way. Probably saw a Vette and thought to himself " that ain't no Viper - time to regulate".

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm I wanna hear this Borla exhaust now that I hear how bada$$ it sounds. Can one of you with Borla take a video so we can hear it please?

When your back in town and make it to a VCA meeting you can hear mine. I have the OLD style borla which sounds a LOT better than the newer style, and i get NO drone either.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
I too have the Borla system installed on my '99 RT. It gives the Viper the *exact* sound people used to say was impossible to get from it - that deep, lumpy, rumbling sound. If I'm sitting somewhere idling, be it in traffic, a parking garage, gas station, restaurant parking lot, anywhere, I almost invariably get compliments on how the car sounds.

And yes, it does produce a drone in certain RPM ranges, but that's what stereos are for :D

WildWing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I think the guy needs to get in a different line of work. I have bought tons of stuff from the guy and I think he is *****.

You guys can kiss his ass if you want too I think he is a **** more often than not.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like these ******* matches. My Johnson is bigger than all of yours and Jon is an icon in the Viper world in my opinion. If you have ever met Caroll Shelby or Smokey Yunick you would say they " are a little rough around the edges" too, but what a wealth of knowledge about cars. Those who say Jon is a bad person because he doesn't have time for posers have real little weenies.

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the mopar performance exhaust, which apparently borla made for mopar. It has the viper logo etched on the big polished tips very nice. The system sounds great, I drive a rt/10 so drone is not a factor.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like these ******* matches. My Johnson is bigger than all of yours and Jon is an icon in the Viper world in my opinion. If you have ever met Caroll Shelby or Smokey Yunick you would say they " are a little rough around the edges" too, but what a wealth of knowledge about cars. Those who say Jon is a bad person because he doesn't have time for posers have real little weenies.

Well said! I've been scolded by JB for calling at a bad time, and when I do catch him at a good time, the info is PRICELESS.

An average post, from a Viper owner with an average ******.

ViperVon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually sat here and read all this madness......I'm amazed that people make a phone call and have a bad experience and then have to jump on the forum and whine. One phone call and a few minutes of your time waisted doesn't warrant your cast in stone opinion of someone. JonB has been a huge supporter of the VCA and has helped out WAY more people than not. If you've had one bad experience than **** it up and shut the F up. If you've got something good to say then chime in. Jon you're still appreciated in the Viper community and I hope you don't let these drizzling idiots get under your skin.

WildWing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I a poser if I have spent a few grand with the guy and want to check some pricing? I don't think so but what do I know.. I never like to waste anyone's time so maybe I was coming across like I was..

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually sat here and read all this madness......I'm amazed that people make a phone call and have a bad experience and then have to jump on the forum and whine. One phone call and a few minutes of your time waisted doesn't warrant your cast in stone opinion of someone. JonB has been a huge supporter of the VCA and has helped out WAY more people than not. If you've had one bad experience than **** it up and shut the F up. If you've got something good to say then chime in. Jon you're still appreciated in the Viper community and I hope you don't let these drizzling idiots get under your skin.
Yea what he said!!

WildWing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think I have spent enough to make my opinion known and it should count. Not sure how much you have spent with Jon on your car but I think I am around $4K at the moment.

Now I will let you back to your ass kissing, maybe Jon will send you a new shift knob for your troubles..:rolleyes:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I have spent enough to make my opinion known and it should count. Not sure how much you have spent with Jon on your car but I think I am around $4K at the moment.

Now I will let you back to your ass kissing, maybe Jon will send you a new shift knob for your troubles..:rolleyes:

I hate to burst your bubble, but $4k on a Viper barely covers a set of lower-end wheels. You're only embarrassing yourself trying to throw your money around.

You don't get respect from the amount of money you spend. You scorn people for kissing JonB's ass, yet by flashing your cash, you expect him to kiss yours? As a business owner, I am sometimes horrified and amused at how JonB treats his customers, but at the same time, his business is different than mine, as is his clientele and problems. Lots of posers call and waste time. He needs to make time for the people that matter, so he uses his judgement to cut people off. Viper owners SHOULD be rough around the edges and thick skinned. If you see yourself as smooth, delicate, and sophisticated... go buy a porsche or something. :rolleyes:

MQQNVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon is out of town this week, at least until Friday, so please wait until then to give him a chance to defend himself.

WildWing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to burst your bubble, but $4k on a Viper barely covers a set of lower-end wheels. You're only embarrassing yourself trying to throw your money around.

You don't get respect from the amount of money you spend. You scorn people for kissing JonB's ass, yet by flashing your cash, you expect him to kiss yours? As a business owner, I am sometimes horrified and amused at how JonB treats his customers, but at the same time, his business is different than mine, as is his clientele and problems. Lots of posers call and waste time. He needs to make time for the people that matter, so he uses his judgement to cut people off. Viper owners SHOULD be rough around the edges and thick skinned. If you see yourself as smooth, delicate, and sophisticated... go buy a porsche or something. :rolleyes:

I actually agree 100% with what you said. I own a few businesses as well and I'm sure $4K isn't a lot but when you figure it is mainly from parts I would consider that a fair amount of money. If he has 20 customers that spend $4K a year that can add up is all I am saying.. I treat my customers a different way and when it comes to customers being rough around the edges isn't an option. Believe me, I get off the phone THEN talk smack.

Good post :2tu:

ViperVon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's not ass kissing, it's calling it the way I see it. I've also spent a fair bundle with Jon but I'm a bit surprised that you let it get to $4K and then came on here to publicly chastise him. I'm from the school of, if you've got nothing good to say then say nothing at all, unless you've really been shortchanged in which case you are doing a service to the community by chiming in. So if you feel that JonB is such a terrible guy to deal with that you must warn the others, you're entitled to your opinion. Somehow, him not instantly supplying you with part numbers and sharing his advice and opinion with you, doesn't warrant that kind of response to try and hurt his business......

So I'll go back to your so-called ass kissing :moon: and you go find some cheese for your wine

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shoot I spent $ 4,000.00 on wine last year and I don't expect Robert Parker to give a darn about me.....give me a break. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I must drink a lot now that I think about it. BTW '82 was a good year for California Cab.

:crazy2: