Bait and Switch at Parts Rack

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you have to be lazy or dumb not to be able to get the same information JonB is peddling. These cars are not that exotic, fairly simple to work on and we have two differnat web sites with tons of information. I have bought from him, but he is not the first person I call. Plenty of other venders and better prices if you look around.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you have to be lazy or dumb not to be able to get the same information JonB is peddling. These cars are not that exotic, fairly simple to work on and we have two differnat web sites with tons of information. I have bought from him, but he is not the first person I call. Plenty of other venders and better prices if you look around.

How about sharing that list? :bonker:

Tranzow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very entertaining thread. Can you say Seinfield's "Soup ****"?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We do aim to please. If not relevant, post the irrelevant. I think this thread hit irrelevant about mid page 1, recovered nicely going page 2 into page 3, and has been back stuck on irrelevant ever since.

ESpecially since JonB is NOT here to defend himself, nor guess he'd want to any further, if I were him, I'd totally disregard this whole thread....just delete it and move on!!!! Chill, people!!!!! ~juli~
**Hey, people, Dave has his OWN problems to contend with**:cool:

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have headers, no cats and the old style Borla system on my '96 GTS and, in my opinion, it is the very best sound you can get from a Gen II Viper. I wish I could make my SRTC sound the same.

Bob K

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We do aim to please. If not relevant, post the irrelevant. I think this thread hit irrelevant about mid page 1, recovered nicely going page 2 into page 3, and has been back stuck on irrelevant ever since.

Which wax should I use?

Cam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The old Borla system was really good, Sound and Quallity. Recently I Installed a new Borla system and I was dissapointed in the quallity and sound. It looked to me like they tried to copy the Corsa system. Jon most likely was just triing to steer you in right direction. As far as Jons harshness dont take that personal its just the way he is. He is very busy and means well.

WildWing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ESpecially since JonB is NOT here to defend himself, nor guess he'd want to any further, if I were him, I'd totally disregard this whole thread....just delete it and move on!!!! Chill, people!!!!! ~juli~
**Hey, people, Dave has his OWN problems to contend with**:cool:

Why does he have to be here to defend himself? This is just customer feedback, that is all. He probably lost a few customers from this thread. The good news is that he still has the crew that is spending over $4K on each purchase. :rolleyes:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why does he have to be here to defend himself? This is just customer feedback, that is all. He probably lost a few customers from this thread. The good news is that he still has the crew that is spending over $4K on each purchase. :rolleyes:

Yup, he probably lost a few customers. And gained even more. Is this thread the best advertising he's ever had?!? :2tu:

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh come on already. If he lost customers from this thread, then he didn't need them,please. Guess what? I called him and he explained to me he was busy and directed to me to use the website. Then amazingly parts showed up at my door. Isn't that just surprising?! This internet thingy might just catch on. Imagine using your computer to view things from all over the world, order them and they get delivered to your place.
And for being too busy to chit-chat on the phone, well guess what....so am I at times, go figure. I will continue to order parts from JonB with no worries at all, I'm just one of those risk takers.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say we close down the Snake Pit and post all non-Viper related posts in this thread (or heck just use this one thread for EVERYTHING--Viper and non-Viper related). That leads me to my next question, whats better? Pizza Hut or Dominos?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say we close down the Snake Pit and post all non-Viper related posts in this thread (or heck just use this one thread for EVERYTHING--Viper and non-Viper related). That leads me to my next question, whats better? Pizza Hut or Dominos?

Shoot... I'm thinking that ******* pizza is the best. They come in a orange spandex 2-pack. Just a single pepperoni with olive on each one. Nibble. Enjoy. Repeat.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do I get one of these 8 page theads discussing Crazy4Carz.Com ? You guys can even bash me as much as you want.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'd comment, since I have nothing good to say about the vender in question I wont...err I can't....last time I opened my mouth I was threatend with a time out....best thing I can tell you at this point to do a little homework before you decide to buy from a vendor. There are other vendors on this site that are actually thankful for your business and make you feel good about your purchase...many of them also happen to know a thing or two about Vipers.

Been reading a lot of good things about DC Performance lately.

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh boy!
Should I use nitrogen in my tires?
Is it ok to wax the hood inlets?
Is the kanouter valve cleanable?
How fast is it?
Is that a vette?
My brother has one.
Why is it so loud?
What kind of mileage does it get?
Is that yours?
I thought this thread was dead?!

I'm perfectly happy with my experiences buying from JonB.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon is a great guy, i have spent quite a bit of time on the phone and in person with him and had some great converstations, sharing unique and interesting stories each of us have experienced BECAUSE of the the Viper Nation. He has got as much or more knowledge than ANYONE else out there about Viper parts. He has also invested much time and money to bring us the most diverse selection of Viper parts available (aftermarket and OEM) and without a doubt at the BEST prices anywhere else out there and sometimes even better pricing if you catch him at the right moment. His business also donates to VCA and regional chapters parts or discounts on parts for giveaways or items for raffle at his own expense. I will always give my business to Jon and PartsRack whenever possible. From PartsRack you get better than fair pricing on many items that you could be charged more for(sometimes even from the manufacturer!!!), especially considering the limited production nature of our cars. Like the guy from the Remington shaver comercials says "If you can find a better shaver, buy it", I say if you can find a better person to buy Viper parts from than PartsRack then do it!! Jon's got my business. And thank you for all you do for the Viper Nation (some well known, and some not).

Last edited:

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
John is a HELLUVA GOOD GUY. Sure he gets busy and short with you from time to time. He's prettty much running Partsrack all by himself. Yes, he has his opinions, but realize he's not pulling them from his A$$. He's VERY knowledgeable about his business. I took his recommendation on the RandomTech exhaust and he was right! It happened to be a good value (cheaper than most), the quality was excellent, it looks awesome, and it sounds GREAT. I've also followed his advice on other Viper issues and they turned out successful every time.

Personally, I will continue to seek advice from Jon and support his business whenever I have the opportunity.