Barbara Dodge

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Barbara Dodge near Philadelphia? I know they have a Viper Tech but I have no experience with them. You guys in the area I would appreciate
your feedback

Thaks,
Fast Eddie

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had good experience with them. The local "Viper Tech" mis-diagnosed my coolant leak as a bad head gasket. After much discussion on this board as to fix it myself, let the dealer fix it, or have the motor pulled. (Thank you both: Frank & JonB) I opted for a second opinion at Barbara Dodge. (I purchased my car there but it is quite a drive from my house & I have two dealers right near my house).

The Barbara Tech Immediately diagnosed it as a crossover gasket problem and repaired it under warranty, as well as changing an intake gasket that was leaking that I didn't know about. Very neat and clean, and had no problem with me asking lots of questions and looking at what he was doing. They made an appointment for me to come in as soon as possible. Although they have a waiting area, there are places to eat and walk to while your car is being worked on.

The Barbara tech also sold me a "new" dash, because my orig. had some scratches.

If he reads or checks this board, sorry I forgot your name.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made a phone call to them and went up there over a year ago when I was looking for a Gen 1 car. He showed me a red 94 that had almost 20,000 miles (somewhere around 16-19,000 actually) and told me that I could have it for $52,000.

The salesman must have noticed a blank stare on my face and asked me what I thought about the price. When I responded that I knew of a black 94 with 7,200 miles in Ohio for $37,500 he told me that "he would work with me." At that point I said "work with me...(even though I didn't even want the car at this point) do you see yourself coming down $14 thousand dollars?" He looked at me and said "the best I could do is mid forties..."

With that I walked away and said to myself...this dealership is full of thieves preying upon the unknowing...maybe just an isolated incident but I doubt it.

Hopefully this post won't be whacked because last time someone LEGITIMATELY wanted an answer about this dealership SOME MODERATOR deleted my post (same as above)...makes me wonder whose side they are really on...maybe Barbera gives someone free oil changes...

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I guess it's all in the "art of the deal". Frank you have seen my car. It looks better now than it ever did. (just won "******* Girls Choice" trophy) Added couple things like V-mania windows and hard top, and now, with what I've invested I still bought the car "right enough" that i can still get out of it. If I was willing to fly to points all over the country I probably could have saved a couple bucks but, convenience has its price.

I didn't do anything to modify the car as much as you did, (although I do like the dual whip antennas).

Thanks for the spelling correction, I need plenty of it. Not to mention: grammar, punctuation, composition, etc....

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ah Barbera Dodge.....great techs wouldn't trust my car to anyone else. John & Joe are straight shooters good to work with. The sales force is something totally different. Imagine purchasing 2 vipers from the dealership. A 95 & a 96. When the 98 gt-2 were introduced i was asked if i wanted on. I had # 6 with my name one it. To make a long story short Gino (Gary's brother) sold it out from under me. I haven't bought a viper there since. The dealership would have to do some major a$$ Kissin before i'd purchase another viper from them.....

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John Kerwin is an outstanding Viper Tech and a very nice person. I doubt I would buy a car from Barbera given their questionable sales practices.

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't speak for their Viper tech(s), but I went there awhile back when looking for a Viper. I quickly concluded that I wouldn't buy a car from them with their apparent shady sales practices although a friend bought a Viper from them back in '95. Even the Vipers that were for sale on the lot didn't show well. They were parked outside and dirty. I met and have been dealing with the Viper tech at D'Ambrosio's Dodge. He is a competent Viper tech who has done some racing although not Viper racing. I also know and trust the Viper tech at Elverson Motors although both these dealerships are a distance from Philly.