Battery Option

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ordered a new battery for my 06 yesterday. Talked to my distributor about my options. Was going to get a Yellow Top Optima as I have used Optimas in many of my veichles for years and have been very happy with them. I like the idea of a Yellow Top since the Viper is pretty ******* the battery, especially if its not being used that much.

I was told to consider a DEKA battery. They offer a Yellow Top 'Intimidator'. My distributor sells OPTIMA (with greater margins) as well and has no vested interest in DEKA.

Here is what I like about it:

- Better performance numbers and capacities than Optima
- Traditional 'square' design that allows for more interior room than the tubular design that OPTIMA uses. It may not look as cool with it being square but the added performance due to more active material makes a lot of sense.
- The price is more aggressive
- And here is what made me ultimately decide in favor of the DEKA. Made in the USA. Optima has been made (didnt know this until yesterday) in MEXICO for the last several years. I like to spend my money inside the borders when possible.

If you are in the market for a new battery for your VIPER or any other veichle....check it out. Sure, I dont know how well it will work yet but I am willing to give it a try.

Matt

Last edited:

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My yellow top optima has been perfect. If a deka were less expensive, had better numbers, and didn't puke acid its worth considering. It was the no acid puke that led me immediately to get rid of a new stock battery for a red top and later a yellow top. GTS Bruce

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire