Belanger gasket or OEM gasket?

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm buying a set of used Belanger headers for my '06, but am confused as to which gaskets to purchase. The shop who has my car suggested Belanger's, but I've read a few posts on here that they tend to leak over time and suggest the OEMs...but that was regarding Gen 2s.

Any suggestions?

beerly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed these headers in my car and used the OEM gasket. I read the same things you did about the Belanger gaskets. The big difference is the OEM are multi-layer metal and seem to work like a crush gasket and the Belangers seem to me that they would break down over time. They seem like they would seal good at first but could be prone to breaking down and leaking

Much

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OEM Gaskets !!!! Changend mine 2 months ago, because the belanger Gaskets fall apart after 1 year .

OP
OP

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. My headers shipped yesterday and my gaskets should ship tomorrow...hopefully they will arrive just in time for me to get my motor back. New motor, new headers, new wheels, and KW2s (installed a day before my motor decided to have a disagreement with the rod bearings)...this will be like a whole new car!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960