Belanger Header hardware

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to replace my rusted hardware that attaches the headers to the head and Belanger sells the hardware kit with the gasket for $70. I don't want their gaskets and they won't sell me just the hardware. Will Arp bolts work on our heads like I've seen with gen IVs? Anybody know the type of bolt that's used? IE. thread/pitch type? Thoughts/Ideas?

BTW ,It's a 99 Gts

Last edited:

sassafras

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Take one bolt out, take it to Fastenal, ask them nicely to measure the pitch and length and to kindly point you to the stainless hardware. You should be out of there for under $20.

OP
OP
S

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take one bolt out, take it to Fastenal, ask them nicely to measure the pitch and length and to kindly point you to the stainless hardware. You should be out of there for under $20.

Did that and the guy was unsure of quality of the hardware holding up...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure they are 5/16-18. If you are running heat shields you'll need the type with the stud extended to the outside for remounting the shields. That's how I mount my shields, but my factory fasteners were not ugly. I threw the ones Belanger supplies with the headers away. They were nothing more than common 18-8 hex head cap screws.

OP
OP
S

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^Thanks, the previuos owner installed the headers with the belanger hardware. I'm going to see what Dan has and if not I'm sure I'll find something.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can always get the factory screws replated. Or rattle can them with cold galv. That stuff is pretty tough. Not shiny, but cheap and adequate unless you're doing a full poser when the hood goes up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21