Belanger headers install

CDNViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing headers,
Whats the going shop rate to install the belanger headers and exhaust on a gem 4?
How long would it take the average guy to do it himself?

Thanks
Zane

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to attempt the project myself....but in some cases the motor has to be lifted a few inches to get the stock headers off and did not want to mess with that...to install headers/HF cats labor was 900 dollars... the Mopar PCM installation was 1.5 hours ( drive to learn included) = 120.00...at my local dealer. Prices vary but the dealer which did the install gave me a VCA discount...Prices will depend on what part of the Country your're located in. Join the VCA and one of the supporting vendors will probably work something out for you....

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the same thing on my 05. Then I found 1 7/8" headers and 3" exhaust. The Belanger's are 1 3/4" and 2.5 exhaust. I don't know how much hp difference there is.

Reaction score
The 1 7/8" will make more power on the very top end, but the 1 3/4" will make more power through the midrange where you drive the most. Unless you are going for a dyno number I would always suggest the 1 3/4" IMHO. 3" is louder also if that matters to you.

There will not be more than 5-10 hp on the very top end difference.

I was thinking of doing the same thing on my 05. Then I found 1 7/8" headers and 3" exhaust. The Belanger's are 1 3/4" and 2.5 exhaust. I don't know how much hp difference there is.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark do you know what kind of headers they are using on the MY10 ACR-X....????

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2.5" Belangers? Never heard of or seen that. The final collector on mine are the same 3" as the exhaust.