Best 5/6 pt-harness for SRT

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am putting in my autoform rollbar next month and I need to get a couple of harneses ordered. I looked at some old posts to help decide on which harness to purchase. Now that a few of you have them installed, what are your thoughts on the different brands?

Thanks for your input!

Dave

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed TeamTech 6 point harnesses. They are very comfortable and feel great once you get them adjusted to fit which only takes a few minutes and a couple laps on the track to make small adjustments. That being said I had real problems with TeamTech. Mine were one of the first sets they made for the SRT and the lap belt was too short, I am 5'-8" 230#s, the lap belt was fully extended and I could just barely get it buckled, I mentioned this to the president whom I met at Viper Days @ Gingerman. He said he would send longer lap belts to me. When they arrived they came C.O.D. I called him up before signing for them to see why they were C.O.D. he said that since these were new longer belts they were charging me for them, I reminded him about our discussion at the track. I said the original lap belts were too short. He said they are the same length as what they were currently sending out. And then copped an attitude with me. I paid the C.O.D. so I could take delivery of the belts as I needed them for the weekend. Teamtech later sent my check back. I guess they realized they were wrong. When I checked with two other club members that had bought the same belt sets their lap belts were 12" longer than the ones I orginally recieved. This made me feel better about making such an issue with TeamTech. So if you order from TeamTech just make sure that the lap belts are long enough for you. I will try to check mine to see how long the replacements were, I seem to think they were 48" long but I will verify that tomorrow.

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, I can say that of all the different brands of belts we have installed in customers cars that the Teamtech ones are by far the best. They also have a GREAT re-certification program that really reduces the cost of ownership versus some of the cheaper brands. Well worth the investment.

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, all great points. SCLSSRT10- size shouldn't be an issue (6ft, 170), but thank you for your info and company background - someone has to be first and go through those pains. jasontarnutzer - thanks for the re-cert info, I would have never known that this is an issue. I hope to get to a few track events and would not have been happy to buy a lessor brand only to find out that they have to be replaced in X years. CStegall - thanks for the offer of having me speak with your installer on the AF rollbar. Like I said in my PM, I might have to take you up on that when I get into the process.

Thanks again,

Dave

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Note: the SRT is not pinned /setup for a 5 pt belt.

The SRT-10 only uses a 6-point system that is different from the GTS anchoring system. PartsRack includes an SRT-10 Install Video with every harness, and has worked closely and directly with TeamTech on the development of this harness and the Comp-Coupe harnesses as well.

Sine expiry dates have been shortened in many racing venues, the 45% discount reweb-recert program WILL pay off in the future....

I welcome your call, and THANKS CLARK for your order......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960