Best aftermarket shifter?

viperama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe some of you know the Problem of a missed 2-3 shift.

Since i installed a shortert shifter know, throw is slightly better.
But under some circumstances it is still a little bit difficult to make
a flawless 2-3 shift.

On dcperformance' website i saw a modified stock shifter for 85$ which
should cure this problem.

Did anybody try this one?

How does it compare to a B&M shifter? Did you notice any improvement in
2-3 shifts with a B&M?

OP
OP
V

viperama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, i ordere a B&M shifter and a Snake Gripper from MGW (plus A/C knobs in satin finish).

The "First Strike" looked a little to bulky for my taste but i believe that it is much more handy... think i will add it to my x-mas wishlist. ;)

OP
OP
V

viperama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks,
do you know if anybody offers trim rings for the meters in satin finish too?

Think my '97s all plastic interior would look better with some pieces of alloy. ;)

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as shifters, both of my teammates installed the comp coupe shifter on their GTS's. It is a shorter throw and very precise. What a difference it makes over the stock shifter. I have the B&M shifter and knob, the comp coupe shifter is much smoother and precise.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as shifters, both of my teammates installed the comp coupe shifter on their GTS's. It is a shorter throw and very precise. What a difference it makes over the stock shifter. I have the B&M shifter and knob, the comp coupe shifter is much smoother and precise.

Me likey this idea..... More details please.... Price, where get, pictures, installation....

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dino,

I thought the first strike looked bulky too. Always had grippers. My latest car came with both, and after seeing the first strike in person...it's actually quite lean. Maybe a 1/4" - 3/8" taller, but a good thickness. I tried it and the best part is the material it's made from, doesn't get incinerator hot like the metal grippers. Just a FYI.

Tom

OP
OP
V

viperama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the gripper made of?

The B&M shifter has no rubber insulation like the stock one... think heat will become an issue.

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Info on the Comp Coup shifter in my car with cost to install can be had from Archer Racing Accessories at 218-727-4806. Ask for John Archer.