Best comment you overheard someone say about your car...

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you don't think being a Senator or President is work? Or working your way through college and into politics? My job is among the most stressful out there, but Democrat or Republican, being in politics, as a Senator or especially the President is the hardest work that there is!!!!!

Being a US Senator is a breeze, especially when all you do is vote present.

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had my Viper for about a month. I live in LA and eat at CUT (probably the nicest spot in LA) almost every Saturday. They park all the nice rides right in front. Lambos, Ferrari ,bugatti you name it it's there. They have parked my car in the best spot each night I have been there and people walk right by all the 400k + cars to look at my 2008 Viper. I love it. The best so far was at the car wash and two Ferrari were there. The 458 owners son as I pulled in yelled " DAD DAD LOOK AT THE VIPER" and came running over to check out my car. The kid actually had a small die cast car of a Viper in his hands. Great feeling.

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a US Senator is a breeze, especially when all you do is vote present.

A shame you think that's all the job is about. I know you may find this hard to believe, but i actually do know several Senators, Governors, as well as the President and VP. Let me tell you, these guys have given up their lives for their jobs and essentially have no personal lives now. I can't speak for all of them, but the people that I know live, breathe, eat, and sleep their jobs and have worked harder than you can imagine to get there. Just because you may not agree with someone's perspectives because they are a Republican or Democrat doesn't diminish the amount of work they have done to get there and to accomplish all that they currently try to. If you think it is so easy, then why don't you try to do it yourself?

And now back to our regularly scheduled program..... Haha!

Last weekend I took the car to the local Walgreens and hid it in a far corner of the lot. Went inside and these 2 incredibly **** 20-something's were in line behind me, and one of them accidentally let out a loud belch. She was so embarrassed and I cracked a funny joke about it to make her feel better, but they just wanted to hide under a table somewhere. Paid and went outside, fired up the car and went to drive out of the lot when the same 2 girls came out and saw me in the car and forgot all embarrassment from their gross burp and ran to me begging for a ride and asking if I was single and wanted to drive them home..... Well im married with a beautiful baby boy, so of course i just laughed and drove off with a smile on my face, but man, why couldn't this kind of stuff have happened to me back when I was single??? Oh wait, I didn't have a Viper back then..... Haha!

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you don't think being a Senator or President is work? Or working your way through college and into politics? My job is among the most stressful out there, but Democrat or Republican, being in politics, as a Senator or especially the President is the hardest work that there is!!!!!

I hope you're not looking for any sympathy. I bet you think 'our' politicians are doing a great job also. :rolleyes:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't I do it? Because I have no desire to be a thief. I prefer to be a producer - creating jobs - rather than a destroyer, destroying wealth and job creators.

I have no respect for politicians. Even ones I like, I realize are just legalized criminals who angle to take more of my hard earned income. So yes, I have no respect for any of them. I don't find what they do difficult - because people that I know, small business owners, work 100x harder trying to overcome every obstacle to making a living that these politicians "work hard" to put in place. Politicians working hard. Please.

Please, being a politican is hard work. What a joke. Yeah, tell that to the dairy farmer, the miner, the smelter, the small business owner trying to make payroll.

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoa, I think all this stuff needs to be on a different thread..... If hating all democrats or republicans is the best thing someone ever said about your Viper, then man do we have issues..... Haha!
;)

Now can we please get back to the great fun topic of this thread??? If you want to keep talking politics, let's take this to PM's or another more appropriate thread on the site.....or we can just agree to disagree and call it a day?

Last edited:

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last weekend I took the car to the local Walgreens and hid it in a far corner of the lot. Went inside and these 2 incredibly **** 20-something's were in line behind me, and one of them accidentally let out a loud belch. She was so embarrassed and I cracked a funny joke about it to make her feel better, but they just wanted to hide under a table somewhere. Paid and went outside, fired up the car and went to drive out of the lot when the same 2 girls came out and saw me in the car and forgot all embarrassment from their gross burp and ran to me begging for a ride and asking if I was single and wanted to drive them home..... Well im married with a beautiful baby boy, so of course i just laughed and drove off with a smile on my face, but man, why couldn't this kind of stuff have happened to me back when I was single??? Oh wait, I didn't have a Viper back then..... Haha!

Why doesn't that happen to me? :p

Today I received a pretty big compliment - I was asked to be in a music video. So I said "sure." I will post the video when it's done in a couple weeks...

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

dannyv6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My two year old daughter came out to the garage, pointed and said "vroom daddy, ride daddy". Then jumped up and down about 10 times. As we were pulling away, my wife said "I never get to ride in that car."
SORRYYYYYYYY

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My two year old daughter came out to the garage, pointed and said "vroom daddy, ride daddy". Then jumped up and down about 10 times. As we were pulling away, my wife said "I never get to ride in that car."
SORRYYYYYYYY

Last weekend I went out for a ride and my neighbor (former Z06 owner) heard me leave. About 10 minutes out I get a text that says to text him when I'm on my way back because his 5 year old daughter said "I want to see Mr. L's car come down the street". So on the way back I stop in front of house and wave to them on the porch and turn on my windshield wipers because we all have a good laugh over that....:rolaugh: As I'm pulling in the garage I get another text Serena says Mr. L's car looks angry...

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It never stops... somebody always has to say something:dunno: So I'm out with a couple of the local Viper guys today and we stop for gas at a general store/gas station in like a Backwater USA tiny town where the only other vehicles there were pick up trucks. So I'm waiting for the other guys to finish filling up and some 20 year old Larry the Cable Guy Wannabe with a smartphone walks by my car with his corn fed bumpkin girlfriend and glances over at my car on the way into the store. After a few minutes I figure I have time to run into the little rural general store and grab a soda. So I go in and I'm looking to see where they have the soda and I hear this voice mumbling over my shoulder. " Man.. ya know it's just a regular GT Five I mean... Ya know it's not like some Crazy Viper man... Ya know I seen better ones man... I mean it's just like a regular GT Five man" So I just ignore him completely:rolleyes: I mean.. how do you respond to someone like that:lmao: I walk outside and some other young girl is taking pictures of or cars. It's worth having this car just for the pure entertainment value :dunno::D

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoa, I think all this stuff needs to be on a different thread..... If hating all democrats or republicans is the best thing someone ever said about your Viper, then man do we have issues..... Haha!
;)

Now can we please get back to the great fun topic of this thread??? If you want to keep talking politics, let's take this to PM's or another more appropriate thread on the site.....or we can just agree to disagree and call it a day?

I wish you luck, but you are going to be in for a long winless fight trying to defend politicians. And yes, politicians is lower case on purpose.

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok i'm gonna ask, but what is a GT5?

It never stops... somebody always has to say something:dunno: So I'm out with a couple of the local Viper guys today and we stop for gas at a general store/gas station in like a Backwater USA tiny town where the only other vehicles there were pick up trucks. So I'm waiting for the other guys to finish filling up and some 20 year old Larry the Cable Guy Wannabe with a smartphone walks by my car with his corn fed bumpkin girlfriend and glances over at my car on the way into the store. After a few minutes I figure I have time to run into the little rural general store and grab a soda. So I go in and I'm looking to see where they have the soda and I hear this voice mumbling over my shoulder. " Man.. ya know it's just a regular GT Five I mean... Ya know it's not like some Crazy Viper man... Ya know I seen better ones man... I mean it's just like a regular GT Five man" So I just ignore him completely:rolleyes: I mean.. how do you respond to someone like that:lmao: I walk outside and some other young girl is taking pictures of or cars. It's worth having this car just for the pure entertainment value :dunno::D

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
ok i'm gonna ask, but what is a GT5?

I was thinking the same thing, lol. Whenever I get the "what is it?" question I have to do my best to not seem too offended. I have to realize that not everyone is a car nut like me, so it's okay if they haven't heard of or seen a Viper in person. The owner of the car wash I usually go to up the street was watching as I helped my mom wash her 94 the other day, and when we were done he came up and asked what kind of car it was. The light bulb goes off for some people when they hear the name, they just haven't ever seen one up close.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the music video with my car! Needless to say, I am the one driving in the brief action shot

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NFfFw2lTR8

Thats pretty cool! Whats the banner on your windshield? That song is really not bad.

Interesting that the dude is shown getting in your car and then suddenly he is in the subway (how ballah!) lol. Also a NY/Giants fan in CHI????

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats pretty cool! Whats the banner on your windshield? That song is really not bad.

Interesting that the dude is shown getting in your car and then suddenly he is in the subway (how ballah!) lol. Also a NY/Giants fan in CHI????

it's for my mixed-marque club MidwestSCC.com

Ha I didn't even notice the NY stuff. The subway is funny now that you point it out, but it's basically what I do since the Viper is my only car :) Secretly I actually wrote the lyrics to the song

BadAndy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One thing I had happen the first year I owned the Viper. Sitting at a light in my local small town Ohio, a local Police Car came up beside me. As well all do in our minds, I'm thinking "...what was I just doing, am I guilty of something". Po Po rolls his window down and says "Hey". I look over, he says "Wanna race". Whew...just had to laugh.

Jim C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not overheard, but came back to the parking lot to find these comments:

You must be registered for see images attach

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The question to ask is. What's the legal age in Canada eh?

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have both agreed to NEVER sell our 2004 Viper, that's for sure.

The "ultimate viper tax" was a pretty good one, but the highlighted word is what caught me the most. Single guy buys viper, and then suddenly it's "our". BS! And people wonder why there's no ring on my finger..... But dude the way you describe how beautiful she is and how perfect she is for you, it sounds like it truly is good for you and I hope to find that one day.

Ones I've heard:

- At gas station, gas station attendant: "Wow, what a beautiful car! You just bought that didn't you?" Me: "This car is 15 years old"
- Neighbor comes out when I pull out (he heard me as I pulled out of the house for a ride): "I thought I heard a Hemi"
- My mom: "Is that like a Corvette"? My dad: :rolleyes:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hahahahahahahahahahah thats awesome! Was the phone # on the passenger side?

This happened a couple weeks ago. Not so much of a cool comment, but a funny story:

I decided to take the Viper beach side just to drive it a little. As I'm passing the boardwalk, a group of people come out and start yelling at me to stop. I check my mirror to be sure noone is behind me, so I stop. I get the usual comments....nice car, how fast, do a burnout, "nice Porsche"(from one of the girls lol), etc. A brunette asks if she can hop in. I say sure, she blushes and says "nah, I was just kidding, but it's such a pretty car". A blonde then asks if she can go for a ride around the block. I say sure. She hops in and says something like "holy crap, a real Viper, your car is so cool". I look back and noticed someone had come up behind me and I had been blocking them while I sat and talked to the people and had the blonde hop in.......it was a Corvette convertible :rolaugh:

Just to add a little insult to injury to the Corvette guy, when I took off with the blonde, I may have launched a little harder than I normally would :D

Last edited:

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Havent really heard anything out of the ordinary on the Viper, I had a girl write her number with lipstick on my windshield back when I had a vette

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20 something year old guy at a gas station jumps out of some sort of an import with a pipe and runs over and say... "So how great is your life today driving this car"