Best comment you overheard someone say about your car...

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next door car neighbor in my parking garage is a self proclaimed car nut and has a highly modified Range Rover Sport and a Mercedes McLaren SLR. She pulled in today next to my cars as I was cleaning the Viper off before putting the car cover on, and she started admiring the car. She said she loves it, but asked me how much work I did to the car with adding side-pipes, racing stripes, hood louvres, etc... Told her that was all stock exactly how it came from the factory and she was completely shocked. Self proclaimed car enthusiast??? She didn't even know the most basic thing about Vipers.....

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last aturday i was at a car show and they parked a 50th aniv Shelby Super snake besides my Viper, so this family is walkniby and the dad is looking at the shelby, and his kids go straght ot the Viper and yell to Himm, "LOOK Dad A race car"!!., i bet is the fastest one here!!!!", needless to say it made my day!!

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove my wife in it this past Saturday and the entire ride She was complaining that it was way too loud, uncomfortable, rough riding, and that she had a headache and was nauseas. Did I mention that the car was so loud that I hardly heard a word that she said? Haha!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is strange sorta compliment...

I was parked at a local eatery seated outside waiting for seating. A youngish mother with two 7 or 8 year old boys, I assume it was her son and his friend walk by my Viper and the kids are really mesmerized by my GTS looking and circling and turning around while their Mom tries to shuffle them along. As they walk by I hear her son say. " When rich people blah blah blah" I all heard was the rich people part. :dunno:

So being who I am I think. Why is the kid asking about rich people instead of thinking something like... I'm 7 now and if I start working 7 years from now and never miss a day of work, follow all the rules, go to school, pay my taxes, pay my ex-wife, put my kids through college maybe when I'm 50 something I can afford a 15 year old sports car that I only drive on sunny days...:rolleyes: Rich people... Really:nono:

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a teenage girl tell me that her boyfriends Tiburon could beat my car... Gave me a good laugh.

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'This is strange sorta compliment...

I was parked at a local eatery seated outside waiting for seating. A youngish mother with two 7 or 8 year old boys, I assume it was her son and his friend walk by my Viper and the kids are really mesmerized by my GTS looking and circling and turning around while their Mom tries to shuffle them along. As they walk by I hear her son say. " When rich people blah blah blah" I all heard was the rich people part.

So being who I am I think. Why is the kid asking about rich people instead of thinking something like... I'm 7 now and if I start working 7 years from now and never miss a day of work, follow all the rules, go to school, pay my taxes, pay my ex-wife, put my kids through college maybe when I'm 50 something I can afford a 15 year old sports car that I only drive on sunny days... Rich people... Really "

Says the man who's thinking about a genV, or F360 and a second home.:rolaugh:.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
'This is strange sorta compliment...

I was parked at a local eatery seated outside waiting for seating. A youngish mother with two 7 or 8 year old boys, I assume it was her son and his friend walk by my Viper and the kids are really mesmerized by my GTS looking and circling and turning around while their Mom tries to shuffle them along. As they walk by I hear her son say. " When rich people blah blah blah" I all heard was the rich people part.

So being who I am I think. Why is the kid asking about rich people instead of thinking something like... I'm 7 now and if I start working 7 years from now and never miss a day of work, follow all the rules, go to school, pay my taxes, pay my ex-wife, put my kids through college maybe when I'm 50 something I can afford a 15 year old sports car that I only drive on sunny days... Rich people... Really "

Says the man who's thinking about a genV, or F360 and a second home.:rolaugh:.

I was about to say the same! (Hey, we're only messin' with ya!) But I see your point. I will be 50 this year, and am driving a 10 year old sports car that I had to reeeaallly stretch funds to get into. Most don't realize that their fully loaded Ford Exploder probably cost more...

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from a little ride and got the ultimate compliment...:rolleyes: I'm headed back to my house passing through the don't blink or you'll miss it little center of town with all the antique shops and stuff and going like 5mph where everyone slows down. In the oncoming lane is 2 young guys in a matte black 6 or 8 inch lifted Dodge ram with about 40 inch tires on it. The passenger points to my car and they jam on the brakes and stop dead in the middle of the road and some cute little 20 something in a new Kia Optima who was behind them and also looking over at my car smashes right into the rear bumper of the Ram and part way under :dunno:

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Dad, that guys car looks like a Jelly Bean"

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was leaving the grocery store and a man asked if he could take a picture inside my car. I agreed then as he's getting out he proceeds to kiss the door close to the handle. Freakin strange dude.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So last year we had a new "interim" CEO selected for our company. He had been with us for about three weeks and we were coming out of a meeting and as we are walking down the hallway with a group he says to me with a serious tone...."so you have that blue Viper?" I say "yeah that's mine" (I drive it every day)...... and he says "so how many e-mails will I get about my VP driving a $140K viper?"......... I say "It didn't cost me $140K, but tell em I bought it with bonus money" (we don't get bonuses at this company)....he didn't crack a smile and just kept walking....... I never did figure out if he was joking or serious.... 6 weeks later he wasn't our CEO anymore......

Last edited:

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Haha, I've gotten some similar looks and questions from my boss and coworkers. In the 1.5 years I've been working at my job I've driven something like 11 cars to work, so I've gotten the occasional "what did you drive today?" or "so I see you got the X out again". When I first started I only had my 71 Vette, 67 Dart, and 96 Honda motorcycle. The Dart was on daily duty, but doesn't play well with the rain, so I borrowed my parents' cars from time to time. Bought a 00 Jag XKR to commute with in most weather conditions, but still borrowed my parents' or brother's trucks for the snow this past winter. My mom let me borrow her 94 Viper for my birthday last year and I took some interns at work for rides for lunch. Got hooked then and decided I wanted something more fun to drive every day and sold the Jag to buy my 04 Viper. It looks good parked next to my boss's old 94 ****** ******, lol. Everyone at works knows my whole family are pretty much car people though, so they don't give me too much grief. Just waiting for the day I show up in an ACR track car or something. Guessing that will make for some interesting discussion.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My best so far:

Guy in 30s: Dude, like, what cha selling man?
Me: What?
Guy in 30s: Like, man, what stuff you selling?
Me: Umm?
Guy in 30's: Like to buy a car like that, you must be pushing the good stuff!
Me: Riiiiiight......

:rolaugh:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My best so far:

The concept of working your ass off is lost on people.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My best so far:

hmmm, strange
I always think of you as a user rather than a pusher :chairfall::lmao:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why does it seek like working you ass off is becoming a thing of the past. Maybe I am starting to show my age, but the kids now have no interest in hard work anymore. I guess I have become that grumpy o ld guy.
I think there are plenty of people working their ass off still. Hell, I am 30 and I've built and sold two companies in the last 18 months. 1 of which I started at 27. I know lots of entrepreneurs in the tech sector in their mid/low 20's. And, I am busting it to build my third!

But, i think as a majority - it is a thing of the past. People are lazy. People like cheddar from Uncle Sam at the expense of the producers. Working 9-5 is more than many can handle. And, why would you work 9-5 when you can sit at home and play XBox and make 10's of thousands from the govt?

Sadly, I think we are well past the point where the majority purse the "American Dream" via hard work. Not to say all hard work is created equally though. My old man was a dairy farmer and worked 16+ hour days. He made $500 a week in 1982 when I was born!

Cars like this are the reward of working hard, no doubt about it.

Ok, rant over!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$500 a week in 82 was decent money.

I think there are plenty of people working their ass off still. Hell, I am 30 and I've built and sold two companies in the last 18 months. 1 of which I started at 27. I know lots of entrepreneurs in the tech sector in their mid/low 20's. And, I am busting it to build my third!

But, i think as a majority - it is a thing of the past. People are lazy. People like cheddar from Uncle Sam at the expense of the producers. Working 9-5 is more than many can handle. And, why would you work 9-5 when you can sit at home and play XBox and make 10's of thousands from the govt?

Sadly, I think we are well past the point where the majority purse the "American Dream" via hard work. Not to say all hard work is created equally though. My old man was a dairy farmer and worked 16+ hour days. He made $500 a week in 1982 when I was born!

Cars like this are the reward of working hard, no doubt about it.

Ok, rant over!

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love this mentality. I'm 32 and employ 22 people and provide shelter to several more non motivated people. I'm glad the American dream is done. I'll rent to them forever and will gladly pay someone 10-14 bucks an hour to work for me. Makes life easier for those of us that are driven. Those non-driven people helped pay for our toys. Be thankful for them!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The concept of working your ass off is lost on people.

Yeah, exactly. It took me 10 years to save for mine. I was lucky it all came together. But yeah, people don't get it!

hmmm, strange
I always think of you as a user rather than a pusher :chairfall::lmao:

When should I point out to everyone that you are my biggest customer? :D:rolaugh:

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This...why work, the Democrats will take care of you and will want your vote come November.

Liberal society baby.. Gotta love it. Our president never worked a day in his life and look where it got him.

djviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny!
I used to have Delorean and would hear "hey McFly" and "where do you hide the ******* in car".

LOL, another viper owner that once had a delorean. The best one I ever heard is: Deloreans should be illegal because they **** up all the white lines on the road.

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liberal society baby.. Gotta love it. Our president never worked a day in his life and look where it got him.

So you don't think being a Senator or President is work? Or working your way through college and into politics? My job is among the most stressful out there, but Democrat or Republican, being in politics, as a Senator or especially the President is the hardest work that there is!!!!!