Best Gen II 3 inch exhaust system

SST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am soon going to purchase a 3 inch exhaust system. With the exception of sound, is there really any difference between the systems?

Which has the best fit and finish?

Which makes most power?

Which sounds the best?

Thanks,

SST

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if only TNT Motorsports (Roy Terpstra) were still in business, but many like the Corsa units. Call Jon at the PartsRack as he has some different ones and can guide you thru the process too.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For best sound I like the B&B, and would recommend that for a Gen II RT/10. For the GTS, I would recommend Corsa, because you won't get any resonance in the cabin at various RPM levels as you may with others in the GTS. Resonance, however, is not a problem with the RT/10 even with the hardtop on. Horsepower gains is pretty much the same with all.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard the Corsa on a Gen II and it sounds nice - especially with high-flow cats. I have a Borla (old design) on my GTS and I really like the sound. Best thing to do would be to try and attend a meeting where enough people with different setups show up and you can listen to them all.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am soon going to purchase a 3 inch exhaust system. With the exception of sound, is there really any difference between the systems?

Which has the best fit and finish?

Which makes most power?

Which sounds the best?

Thanks,

SST

CORSA
NOT MUCH DIFF HP
TOO SUBJECTIVE....THEY ALL SOUND WAAAY BETTER THAN STOCK. Almost Everybody has something besides Stock, and they all like what they have. Why? OE G1-3 *****.

-Corsa is the undisputed solution to V10 firing pattern DRONE and resonating.
-B+B has a blending X-pipe, but so does Random Tech.
-Belanger has the deepest note-tone.
-Worst drone is Borla...they claim to reduce it but its still the worst. Ice-Pick-In-Ear.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I thought Borla produced the Mopar performance exhaust too............Hmmmmmmmmmmm. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyway, I think any exhaust system will be better than stock. Exhaust sound is subjective. As most have said, you should hear each system for yourself and decide what is right for you. Trying to get the sound off of youtube is sketchy at best. You should try to hear them in person. I have a used 4 muffler Borla setup for sale, check the classifieds:

Borla Catback, 4 muffler system. - ViperClub Classifieds

Last edited:

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Borla only drones in one low RPM range, and fortunately that's a range that I hardly ever drive at. It definitely has something to do with the dimensions of the car's interior (and especially under the rear glass). You hit a certain resonant frequency and things definitely start to rumble in the interior. At higher RPMs and at idle, though, it sounds great.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure of the rest but Corsa uses sound cancellation technology to removed BAD noise. With only 2 small (3/8" x 1 1/4") oval slots and absolutely NO baffles there is no exhaust restriction and the pipes are straight through. There are 2 corsas for a GTS, track and street.

If your computer has good sound quality (mine has Dolby Theater) I posted a few exhaust videos.

OP
OP
S

SST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the above info. Most helpful.

SST

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard the Corsa on a Gen II and it sounds nice - especially with high-flow cats. Best thing to do would be to try and attend a meeting where enough people with different setups show up and you can listen to them all.

what he said !

and there is an exhaust thread floating around here in the gen2 section somewhere. find that to start

Shanedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Powerwise I'd say they are all pretty comparable, so its basically what sound you like the best.

I love my B&B because it sounds so agressive. Its loud and deep....it fits the Viper's agressive looks perfectly :drive:

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randomtech 3" Cat Back Exhaust from JON B B&B X PIPE + CORSA 4'' TIPS = LOUD . JonB-PartsRack
If It Fits On or In A Viper, PartsRack Probably Has It. .:2tu:

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loud is headers. No cats. And whatever cat back sound turns you on. Melodic exotic no drone= corsa. Other cat backs have a deeper sound more like a BB v8 and some drone. HF cats are too quiet for me. WHAT? GTS Bruce

OP
OP
S

SST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I will do American racing headers, high flow cats, and 3 inch Corsa exhaust. Should do the trick.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres a view of my Random Tech 3" system.......

Random_Tech_audio_001.jpg

gordonjj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CORSA...

-Corsa is the undisputed solution to V10 firing pattern DRONE and resonating.
-B+B has a blending X-pipe, but so does Random Tech.
-Belanger has the deepest note-tone.
-Worst drone is Borla...they claim to reduce it but its still the worst. Ice-Pick-In-Ear.

Corsa is drone free, am I correct? I was about to go for Borla but after reading your post on the drone issue I'm having second thoughts. Thanks for the info.

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Corsa is drone free, am I correct? I was about to go for Borla but after reading your post on the drone issue I'm having second thoughts. Thanks for the info.

You are correct, Corsa is drone free.
You want to talk about drone, you guys should have heard my '69 Road Runner w 440 Flowmasters. It was like sticking your head in a drum and pounding on it.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

You are correct, Corsa is drone free.

CORSA is the -only- drone and resonance-free system, by design.

B+B and Random Tech minimize maybe 25% of it with their rear X-pipes, but Borla is the worst for drone......then Belanger. But STAINLESS HEADERS have a higher pitch than Belangers because aluminized vibrates at a deep-bell-muscle tone, staineless does not.