Best wheel design

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, my Viper will be delivered to me soon w/ 600-625 NA rwhp. It will have the 08 hood, autoform rollbar and comp coupe oil pan, and navigation. Now, I need the most aggressive wheel design to go along w/ my much meaner snake. Who makes the most aggressive wheels for the SRT 10? Please post pics of possible!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the iforged daytonas are the best looking wheel but those are multi spoke. the astra's look really good though

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those Iforged are really nice. I think the deep dish have the most aggressive look. I do like the polished wheels for black cars, I love the transition.

I like the FS Rev High Polish the best for the black SRT. I personally think the 5 spokers look a little dated.

rblong

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just mounted a set of Iforged Astras black w polished lips tonight - no time for pics yet but will post. Absolutely beautiful on my black silver striped car.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, my Viper will be delivered to me soon w/ 600-625 NA rwhp. It will have the 08 hood, autoform rollbar and comp coupe oil pan, and navigation. Now, I need the most aggressive wheel design to go along w/ my much meaner snake. Who makes the most aggressive wheels for the SRT 10? Please post pics of possible!

Where did you get an "08" hood?

The Daytona's are about the only I-forged wheels I like.

take a look at these HRE's....niicccce. - http://www.viperalley.com/forum/viper-discussions-srt/58789-522ci-viper-srt-10-a.html

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you get an "08" hood?

The Daytona's are about the only I-forged wheels I like.

take a look at these HRE's....niicccce. - http://www.viperalley.com/forum/viper-discussions-srt/58789-522ci-viper-srt-10-a.html

Yep! Those Daytona's are really nice! I am wondering if anyone has a "deep dish" design that is stunning. Again, I am trying to avoid the 5 spoke versions b/c I see those on several cars ranging from Mazda RX-8's to Vettes.

I got the 08-"like" hood design from Jeff Lemke. Look him up in this forum and go to his pics. The hood is really aggressive and gives better cooling underneath that the Gen 3 hood. Jeff gives great service and delivered my hood on time.

The better cooling effect is why Chrysler made the change in the first place, the more aggressive look is just a plus!:2tu:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep! Those Daytona's are really nice! I am wondering if anyone has a "deep dish" design that is stunning. Again, I am trying to avoid the 5 spoke versions b/c I see those on several cars ranging from Mazda RX-8's to Vettes.

I got the 08-"like" hood design from Jeff Lemke. Look him up in this forum and go to his pics. The hood is really aggressive and gives better cooling underneath that the Gen 3 hood. Jeff gives great service and delivered my hood on time.

The better cooling effect is why Chrysler made the change in the first place, the more aggressive look is just a plus!:2tu:

We all KNOW about Lemke's Hood. But you said in first post you had a "08 Hood", which you dont. I guess that clears up the confusion. Lemke's stuff is nice, but Im going to wait and get the real thing.

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all KNOW about Lemke's Hood. But you said in first post you had a "08 Hood", which you dont. I guess that clears up the confusion. Lemke's stuff is nice, but Im going to wait and get the real thing.
I dont think everyone KNOWS about Jeff's hood. And the real thing will cost you what, like $14,000.00? For what? No need to pay all that unless you crash your stock hood IMO. But anyway, I guess I could have been clearer, it is the 08 "like", which is definitely good enough for me. I guess I should have also said I have the RB1 navigation, not the one from the 08 Viper, and that I got the comp coupe oil pan from Final GTS's company, not the original comp coupe oil pan from Chrysler....geez...:blah:
:D

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As Mike said, Viper Days is one event that doesn't allow HRE's. I was told at MAM that they aren't allowing CCW's next season.

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Black Mamba,

Here are 2 pictures of my Polished HRE 542 wheels. I know you're trying to avoid 5 spokes, but these have a swirl to them and receive plenty of compliments.
8712Odyssey-NK_B-Full_Side_1.JPG

8712NK_B_-_Detailed_-_Rear_Side_Low.JPG

Last edited:

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Mike said, Viper Days is one event that doesn't allow HRE's. I was told at MAM that they aren't allowing CCW's next season.

Would you provide the reason(s) HRE's are not allowed. I was planning on doing Viper Days next year and this is very helpful information.

Thanks.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Black Mamba,

Here's a picture of my Polished HRE 542 wheels. I know you're trying to avoid 5 spokes, but this have a swirl to them and receive plenty of compliments.
8712Odyssey-NK_B-Full_Side_1.JPG

8712NK_B_-_Detailed_-_Rear_Side_Low.JPG

that my favorite wheel on the SRT10 . i would powder coat those blk, keep the lips polished and you be in bizness.

HRE DOES make a 19" competion wheeel for track use...

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would you provide the reason(s) HRE's are not allowed. I was planning on doing Viper Days next year and this is very helpful information.

Thanks.

They had issues with them cracking and breaking. Not just one but several different HRE wheels. They are beautiful...just not track worthy.

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strange, I've heard that was one of the reasons IForge wheels were not recommended???:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I guess, I'll have to do more research. Thanks for the information. Sorry about the :hijack:

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Nk Brekr, where the hell did you get you car that color from??? That is awesome!! Wheels aint bad neither.

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That absolutely ***** they wont allow certain IForged and HRE's at the track...so I guess I will keep my stock wheels as back up. I mean, how often do we actually track the cars?? 2 or 3 times a per max for most of us who do track...the rest of the time we are simply out cruising along around town...blowing away the competition every now and then! (only on closed roads of course!:D )

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, cutting and pasting is deff not the best way to put a pic on this forum.

I really like that big ass wheel I just posted...I need to check the weight, it looks heavy. What do you guys think?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the HRE wheels, Keith...and I think BLACK powder coated would look BADASP on your '04. They are the ones we would get if we were considering new wheels! ~juli

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the HRE wheels, Keith...and I think BLACK powder coated would look BADASP on your '04. They are the ones we would get if we were considering new wheels! ~juli
black on black hunh? lemme think about that!

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Nk Brekr, where the hell did you get you car that color from??? That is awesome!! Wheels aint bad neither.

Color is off of an '04 Lamborghini Gallardo - Arancio Borrealis - Pearl Orange. It's not too bright like other Lambo colors, but definitely pops in the sun. Here's a picture that was taken by Albert Fattal.

I would stay away from a full face wheel on the Viper, they may look good on other cars, but not on ours.

VCA_Pic_3.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang