Black dust on back of RT10

John

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a 01 RT10. After a couple days of driving I noticed black powder and small black particles on the rear bumper. Im not sure if it is rubber or soot from the exhaust. Is it normal or a sign of a problem?

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is soot ...... I get the same thing on my Sapphire after running the car hard ...... It is very normal ....... sometimes it is more predominate on modded car..... mine is S/C Viper. My car is set up to run slightly rich (safer)as to run lean which is highly dangerous and could destory the motor if it is too lean. Do you have any mods?

Cudaman :usa:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is soot. Happens all the time. Very normal, Keep goood coat of wax on your ride at all times.

OP
OP
J

John

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for asking. Its been chipped(thats all I know about it). It has a high performance exhaust system and a different set of gears for the rear end.
John

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Normal...I use Meguiars NXT and a california duster. My car is yellow and this stuff is on my car it seems as soon as I turn the key! Comes off really easy with the duster/NXT.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Normal...I use Meguiars NXT and a california duster. My car is yellow and this stuff is on my car it seems as soon as I turn the key! Comes off really easy with the duster/NXT.

Same here. Follow directions on how to season (sp) duster so it won't streak...

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I assume it was tire dust, thanks everyone. It is a big PITA on a white car.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this would be perfect for a Zaino Thread. Use a wax that you have trust in.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, gotta love the brake dust. Always on the rear of my car no matter how it is driven. Only problem is some of mine is still stuck to the bumper leaving the bumper surface VERY ruff.