Brake Air Duct Kit?

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could whomever is about to announce this kit please email me and let me know the details? I'm about to put a solution together myself, but if someone is about to release a kit it may save me the time.

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one being shipped to me by Autoform - front collector, flexible hosing, and shrouds for the rotors. I know that Archer has a nice carbon fiber one, too.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would *strongly* recommend against carbon fiber if it is hanging down near the bottom of the fascia. CF is strong & light, but it comes at the expense of brittleness.

ABS plastic can take some serious damage, yet with a little hammering and a heat gun, you can get things shaped back into working order. One important thing Bobby's kit also includes is screen mesh - which will keep you from filling your rotor vanes with dirt clods, tire rubber, or dry grass that will catch fire in 1400 degree brake rotors.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny,

Archer's duct kit has those adapters in the photo. They are the metal cylinders.

1400 degrees with basically stock brakes is manageable with AP 600, some deft use of a jigsaw and learning to drive with your foot *OFF* the brake pedal. Anyway, they just slow you down.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean, 1400 degrees? Maybe its time for a brake kit?

Does anyone make "shrouds", backer plate or what ever they are called. This would accomodate the duct hose and direct the air flow to the center of the brake rotor. I've seen them on Trans Am cars.

Mark and others, you also want to use the higher temperature duct hose rated to 500 degrees F. Not critical but stronger too. Its the orange color hose, not the black color hose. My $0.02.