Broken stock lugnuts?

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else ever have a stock lugbut break? I take my wheels off alot, but always use a torque wrench, and i never knew the top is really just a cap over the actual nut. The cap feel off on one of them, the lugnut was still ok on the car, besides it looked weird the wrech did not fit it that well since it had some play, but I replaced it with a new one which i found out are VERY expensive for nuts from the dealer.. Anyone else ever see this?

You must be registered for see images

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen it happen a lot, in fact has happened on all my cars at some point. You can monster glue the cap back on or just buy solid ones. Try Jon B at Parts Rack

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh ok, so its normal, to some extent that I am not the only one.. I think it is a terrible design, I don't know why they are not 1pc.... I dont need new ones now. I already spent a boatload on new ones from the dealer!:rolaugh:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Neal,
With a tire jockey like that working on your car, no wonder all the lug nuts aren't broken.....:rolaugh:

:dunno:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's normal and on my Jeep the same lug nuts! They separate all the time.
Get a few spare ones from a junkyard!

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Neal,
With a tire jockey like that working on your car, no wonder all the lug nuts aren't broken.....:rolaugh:

:dunno:

LMFAO!!!!!!! man I haven't seen that picture in a while... I have no idea why I am slackin to get more pics with her! LOL I need to get some new ones ASAP! lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte