Bullet cam

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What brand do you use or would recommend? Have researched them all and can't decide. Reading forums about these just further confuse the issue since most seem to be ads for the cam rather than an honest assessment.

Ebay has the lowest price for packages but concerned about true quality of product as well as the hype.

web page

TIA

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would consider Cragin's rubber camshaft. Variable lift, quiet running, and little vibration. Good increase in hp on the upper end, while maintaining smooth idle and low end torque.
Shows good power under the curve with both stock and modified engines. Paxton's Blowers, NOS and Twin Turbo's tend to over power the elasticity of the cam, but for N/A engines it is the hot setup.
Soon to have CARB # for California.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If everything else is stock, stay with a 708.

Unless you get the heads done, swapping to the 708 cam is the right choice. But if you are going to do the cam, you might as well get the heads ported. :D

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would consider Cragin's rubber camshaft. Variable lift, quiet running, and little vibration. Good increase in hp on the upper end, while maintaining smooth idle and low end torque.
Shows good power under the curve with both stock and modified engines. Paxton's Blowers, NOS and Twin Turbo's tend to over power the elasticity of the cam, but for N/A engines it is the hot setup.
Soon to have CARB # for California.

That was classic Cragin! I couldn't believe how many people actually believed that bit.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Uh...are we talkin about cameras or camshafts? I'd also like to know what everyone is using for bullet cameras and best mounting options.

TopGear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Link isn't working but pretty sure it is the one I just picked up. Quality is slightly less than a mini dv camcorder but great for the price. Most other bullet cams are x2 or x3 the price and from videos I watched on their websites the quality is at the same level of what this one produces. The connecting cables for power battery pack, mic, and composite cables are not of the best quality... I know I am going to use it a handful of times and then it will be in a box on a shelf so didn't want to fork over the 300-600 for other packages out there. since it is so compact amd weighs only a pound or 2 you can stick it almost anywhere. In process of making some mounts on the car at side sill and rear plate. Also have a suction cup mount that sticks to virtually anything flat.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a pice of 1/8 X 1/2 Stainless Steel and bent up a bracket that I mounted to the Child seat mounting bolt behind the passenger seat. The bracket comes up and sits next to the passenger seat. I take my Camcorder and blue-tape it onto the bracket I made which has a stud on the bottom that fits the tripod receptacle. Pics are great and now I have a mic that I run from the camera into my helmet so I can narrate what I am doing around the track. It also eliminates wind noise.

AC

OP
OP
V

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The first couple of posts were funny, had a hell of a time figuring out what a 708 bullet cam was until I realized camshaft. Yes I was asking about bullet or helmet cameras. I have finished my camera mount in the car. It looks similar to this however I made some further mods to it for stability. Has not been track tested yet but that will happen in July.

8800IMG_0011_2-med.JPG

I want to be able to run a helmet cam or bullet cam as well. Like I said, I have read all the stuff but would rather get some personal feedback on which one to consider.

Try this link for the ebay version.

web page

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.chasecam.com/bulletcam.htm

Talk to Randy.

He's a local racer and has treated me good. We did a group buy about a year ago. It works real good for me.

Carl

I got mine in the group purchase, absolutly zero problems. Drag, autocross and just today I had my chase cam on the airplane to video the gear retract. Landed with one suction cup attached and two loose. Never went fast, about 165 mph but I guess the prop wash added a bit to that.