Buying a Viper...

matthyoo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you're getting your license in 20 months and thinking about getting a viper now? you have a lot to learn. now you didnt mention if you were 15 turning 16 or what, but that is what is going to be assumed since you're getting your license in 20 months. im 17, and i know i couldnt handle a viper. i'd kill myself plain and simple. get a crappy first car and learn to drive, then take baby steps. from the sounds of it, you dont have a problem with money, so why not go for a Z28 to learn how to handle a moderate amount of torque? and then step up later when daddy wants to reward you...

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since it sounds like pops would get you a stratus. The Stratus is available in black, tan, grey, green, silver, red, maroon, and white.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awwww, you guys are so mean. I mean that was MY first reaction when I read his post, but come on guys... Just take a step back, and relatively seeking ALL of us make someone sick, cause we can even afford one. So, take comfort in the fact that you are "better off" than most. Also realize, there will ALWAYS be someone richer than you (unless your Gates himself).

So, having said that I wish I could answer the questions on how many are going to CA this year. But what I can say is that how many 04s going to CA would be PURE conjecture at this point.

You were right, an 03 will be hard to get, but there will be some for sale, you'll start seeing them this october. I've heard of people wanting 20k over, so that puts you smack dab at 100k US.

Good luck. One more thing, the youngest viper owner at voi 5 was a 19 year old from Quebec.

Oh yeah, one MORE thing, IF you get one, be careful, no ones kidding around when they say many people get hurt in this car, it's not likely the awesome stratus.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NicoC:
Well, didn't know so many people have sticks lodged up their asses at this place. I didnt ask for your opinion on me, I asked for your opinion on the car. Now, I have learned on a Ferrari since I was 12, started going around the block learning how to shift, then at parking lots speeding back and forth etc. The power is not an issue, and I am not an idiot to push the car to the limits the first day I get it or anytime soon. I do not plan to kill myself, and I know what to do and what not to do. I know what power comes in a car and I have a future ahead of me and I do not want to spoil it because of a few seconds of joy. I know at least 20 people (personally) who are "richer" than my family is, and they own Ferrari's, Bentley's, Labborghini's , and instead of being jealous of them I congratulate them on their success and can only hope that I will one day become a very, very successful man. I do not hate them because they are better off than I am. I know that I am one very lucky person and I appreciate it every single day and I do not take things for granted. That is what some of you on here should do, spend your time on appreciating what you have and not wasting your time wishing that you had everything else. Almost everyone on here owns a viper and for that I congratulate you all, because to have a kind of car like that, is a sure sign of success.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man I'm all for enjoyment and education about the car but these little kids have got to go. I say it's time for some ousecleaning.

Craig