Calling AGENTF1 out!!!!

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many more years is this going to go on? AgentF1 is never going to buy a Viper! Do any of you realize that he probably agonizes for hours every morning about what clothes he is going to wear to work?

I pray that he doesn't ever buy a Viper because it's no telling what he would do if he got a stone chip while driving it home for the first time and then scraped his fascia in his driveway. My guess is that he would have to be committed to a mental institution, but then again I may be wrong.

He reminds me of a local police officer who wasted 6 hours of my time when I was selling my 500SL. I had to explain every freaking flaw in the car, every little extraneous noise (the car had 143K on it - give me a break.) After showing him reams of maintanence records, having it inspected by 2 mechanics who both agreed that the car was in excellent condition, etc, etc, he still walked around the car for hours after he had driven it, holding his chin with one hand and elbow with the other. I was ready to kick him the heck off of my property when he finally, by the grace of God, left.

AgentF1, it's time to **** or get off the ***.

DrDJ

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you found one so quick. Either you got lucky or are not as picky as me. I have only been looking for a few months so I am still in the infancy of my search. Rather take my time and get the right one, preferably a ****** than jump on the first one I see that has 7 owners or tons of mods and been tracked just to please you. :rolleyes:

Bottom line is that Between Autotrader, EBAY, and the VCA Classifieds, ANYONE should be able to find a Viper they are happy with to buy at ANY given time. Are there going to be better deals than others at various times? Absolutely, but TIME IS MONEY.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many more years is this going to go on? AgentF1 is never going to buy a Viper! Do any of you realize that he probably agonizes for hours every morning about what clothes he is going to wear to work?

I pray that he doesn't ever buy a Viper because it's no telling what he would do if he got a stone chip while driving it home for the first time and then scraped his fascia in his driveway. My guess is that he would have to be committed to a mental institution, but then again I may be wrong.

He reminds me of a local police officer who wasted 6 hours of my time when I was selling my 500SL. I had to explain every freaking flaw in the car, every little extraneous noise (the car had 143K on it - give me a break.) After showing him reams of maintanence records, having it inspected by 2 mechanics who both agreed that the car was in excellent condition, etc, etc, he still walked around the car for hours after he had driven it, holding his chin with one hand and elbow with the other. I was ready to kick him the heck off of my property when he finally, by the grace of God, left.

AgentF1, it's time to **** or get off the ***.

DrDJ

agree 100%. I have never seen someone analyze a purchase so much.. No offense intended, but if $50k or $60k is this big of a purchase for you.. Maybe you should hold off, and stick with the corvette for a while...

Silver_Snake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nope - I'm still watching it on auction, 4 days to go........ (it's mine, it's mine !!! muahahahahaha) :firedev:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhhh Agent, that Corvette is not the correct factory, window sticker matching color. Black was not offerd in 1976. Sorry man, I could not stop myself, just having fun with you, but the above is true.
What do you mean, :confused: it is a NCRS car (not correctly restored stingray). :lmao: It is also a lot straighter than they came from the factory.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you mean, :confused: it is a NCRS car (not correctly restored stingray). :lmao: It is also a lot straighter than they came from the factory.

No, I mean black was not offered in 1976, it's not on the option list from 1970 through 1976. Kind of like finding a Black 96, 97, 01, 02, GTS. They did not make any. :omg: If you took out the waviness with the repaint that's not as big a deal. But that car was NOT black originally. The paint code on the door jamb will read one of the following..

10 Classic White
13 Silver
22 Bright Blue (Not likely would be special order)
33 Dark Green
37 Mahogany
56 Bright Yellow (Not likely would be special order)
64 Buckskin
69 Dark Brown
70 Orange Flame (Not likely would be special order)
72 Red

The ONLY exception would be if it said SPC Which stands for Special and meant the car left the factory in primer as a COPO (Central Office Production Order) special order and Veeery rare. And not so much fun to have as the NCRS in their factory correct idiocy have decreed the car can only be shown in primer as that's the way it left the factory. :dunno:
I had an opportunity to discover this first hand as I stumbled upon such a car in Black paint with the SPC code, knowing what it was I snatched it up then found out the rule about showing it after the fact. I almost fainted when I opened your pic as I thought it was my old car, but mine was buckskin interior and I replaced the Vega steering wheel with a 79 Corvette one.

Your correct interior code for white should be either....
112 White Leather
15V White Vinyl

OP
OP
F

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, I mean black was not offered in 1976, it's not on the option list from 1970 through 1976. Kind of like finding a Black 96, 97, 01, 02, GTS. They did not make any. :omg: If you took out the waviness with the repaint that's not as big a deal. But that car was NOT black originally. The paint code on the door jamb will read one of the following..

10 Classic White
13 Silver
22 Bright Blue (Not likely would be special order)
33 Dark Green
37 Mahogany
56 Bright Yellow (Not likely would be special order)
64 Buckskin
69 Dark Brown
70 Orange Flame (Not likely would be special order)
72 Red

The ONLY exception would be if it said SPC Which stands for Special and meant the car left the factory in primer as a COPO (Central Office Production Order) special order and Veeery rare. And not so much fun to have as the NCRS in their factory correct idiocy have decreed the car can only be shown in primer as that's the way it left the factory. :dunno:
I had an opportunity to discover this first hand as I stumbled upon such a car in Black paint with the SPC code, knowing what it was I snatched it up then found out the rule about showing it after the fact. I almost fainted when I opened your pic as I thought it was my old car, but mine was buckskin interior and I replaced the Vega steering wheel with a 79 Corvette one.

Your correct interior code for white should be either....
112 White Leather
15V White Vinyl

Die in a corvette windbreaker wardrobe malfunction.....

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Die in a corvette windbreaker wardrobe malfunction.....

I'm sure that you were PROBABLY kidding, but in case you were not please note that you
missed the entire point of my EXCELLENT and time consuming research which allowed me to continue to play with Agent who I have had many off line conversations with about this new Viper purchase (Good guy by the way, just REAL picky) and who is seeking SUCH originality in his new Viper purchase, but does not seem to possess same in his current Vette ownership. :smirk:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow Lee, you sure know your vettes!

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the color, but I figured he knew that wasn't a stock color

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He must be mortified to be seen in that non-virginal vette now. She lied to him.
Oh the indignity!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure that you were PROBABLY kidding, but in case you were not please note that you
missed the entire point of my EXCELLENT and time consuming research which allowed me to continue to play with Agent who I have had many off line conversations with about this new Viper purchase (Good guy by the way, just REAL picky) and who is seeking SUCH originality in his new Viper purchase, but does not seem to possess same in his current Vette ownership. :smirk:

Yes, I never claimed it was black from the factory. It is originally a white/white vette. If you wanted to show it with the NCRS crowd you would have to paint it white. I was never into all of the NCRS judging. It is just a really really nice C3. It is matching number block and tranny etc but I am sure date codes are not correct on things like alternator and rear differential etc. It also has the wrong valve covers on it, it came with stamped steel not the aluminum LT1 valve covers etc. Just because my old vette which was my driver 25 years ago was not original does not mean my Viper shouldn't be.

Cody, since you liked that Viper so much you can have it. After viewing the pics etc I feel it has lead to rough of a life and is not the car for me. I am sure I will find the right super clean one if I am patient. Its not like I have been looking all that long and am getting desperate, I just started looking for one a month or two ago. It needs to look like it did on the show room floor. I am very picky with all of my vehicles. Even my daily drivers are spotless inside and out top and bottom. I do appreciate you pointing it out to me though.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cody, since you liked that Viper so much you can have it. After viewing the pics etc I feel it has lead to rough of a life and is not the car for me. I am sure I will find the right super clean one if I am patient. Its not like I have been looking all that long and am getting desperate, I just started looking for one a month or two ago. It needs to look like it did on the show room floor. I am very picky with all of my vehicles. Even my daily drivers are spotless inside and out top and bottom. I do appreciate you pointing it out to me though.

This post definitely deserves a few of these. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=300107502215&rd=1&rd=1

Yes, I never claimed it was black from the factory. It is originally a white/white vette. If you wanted to show it with the NCRS crowd you would have to paint it white. I was never into all of the NCRS judging. It is just a really really nice C3. It is matching number block and tranny etc but I am sure date codes are not correct on things like alternator and rear differential etc. It also has the wrong valve covers on it, it came with stamped steel not the aluminum LT1 valve covers etc. Just because my old vette which was my driver 25 years ago was not original does not mean my Viper shouldn't be.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 years and still no Viper. Man YOU are missing out. Put aside a little of your over anal pickyness and buy one for god's sake. Seriously the Vette's must have went to your brain or something because your almost a lost cause, buy a Viper and Enjoy it while you can man. ...... OR find a flaw in EVERY single car and pass it up, there is nothing wrong with being picky but my god, you've passed on some nice Vipers. All i'm saying is make the dream a reality and enjoy it, your seriously missing out on owning an awesome car!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 years and still no Viper. Man YOU are missing out. Put aside a little of your over anal pickyness and buy one for god's sake. Seriously the Vette's must have went to your brain or something because your almost a lost cause, buy a Viper and Enjoy it while you can man. ...... OR find a flaw in EVERY single car and pass it up, there is nothing wrong with being picky but my god, you've passed on some nice Vipers. All i'm saying is make the dream a reality and enjoy it, your seriously missing out on owning an awesome car!
I looked for one five years ago and went with a Z06 instead. I regretted that decision and recently decided to go with the Viper again. I have only been looking for a few months tops. I think I would have found a few of them in five years. :smirk: :rolleyes:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, whats wrong with this one?

http://bjmotors.biz/images/inventory/2001SaphireBlueGTS_1137/large_01.jpg

995 Miles, 86 made. One of your top two color choices. A local prior owner known to us down here and Bernie has the car. Make him an offer. But make sure you talk to him about his new financing options, with the stuff he's got now you can spread it out a bit so the payment is not so high and the rates are incredible, he was just telling me about this a week or so ago when I called him about a club matter. And candidly I actually think your difficulty in finding a car is that you want this level of rarity and condition and mileage but you don't want to pay in the 60's. Meanwhile the GTS prices are continuing to accelerate right past you. Last year this car would have been maybe 62-64. The longer you wait the less cars in pristine condition are going to be available while at the same time the prices are rising. If I were you I would ****** up the above one at the best price he will give you with the best financing he can. It will never get better than this one. Rarity, low mileage. impeccable LOCAL one owner provenance and condition, known reliable dealer and it's only a few hours from you. Grab it while you can. Geico gave me $62,000 no hassle payment for my first Black/Silver 2000 GTS ONE YEAR ago as a total, this Sapphire car is rarer and in better condition. You just have to have faith that that price Bernie has on the car is actually dang close to being a good deal. I'm a believer that GTS prices are seriously going up after the Geico deal.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That car is a ridiculous frankenstein of the original. :( How could anyone do that to any vehicle? Look at it! Sooo unauthentic! I bet the windshield wiper blades and tires are not original either. And how about all of the fluids? I can't ever imagine ANYONE purchasing it.

DrDJ

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bernie has one helluva car for sale! That one could end up on selling to someone as far away as the west coast. I can't wait to see what AGENTF1 has to say about this one....

DrDJ

Bernie has my offer which I feel is more than fair. The car is perfect. :2tu:

Silver_Snake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agent,
I understand your efforts to find the "perfect" car. I looked for about a year, but I didn't have it narrowed down to a specific year / model / color until the last 3 months of my search. You know exactly what you want, and as stated by others - your opportunities will continue to diminish. :bonker:
This GTS is beautiful and basically a new car - if you pass on this one................... :dunno:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to dig up an older thread, just curious if Agent had picked up the Viper he had gone to look at that he was asking about trailering?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen