OP
OP
F

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
bought my GTS from Marv Rose 2 yrs ago, sight unseen

it was exactly as he described, very clean car

Come on AGenyyyyy. Quite a few are now backing up Marvin's business. Lets break the piggy bank and buy a car.:D

VPR RACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got my ACR from Marv this month, no dissapointment. Only problem is I dont have enough time to drive it!!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks perfect, does it have stripes? I have passed on a few really nice ones because they didn't have stripes. GOTTA have stripes. Will give him a call. If it has stripes and works out I owe you one. :2tu:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darn, it looks like no stripes. Find me one just like it with factory stripes and dinner is on me. I really appreciate you looking out for me. Keep em coming.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bought my GTS from Marv Rose 2 yrs ago, sight unseen

it was exactly as he described, very clean car
I am pretty anal, have a lot of people bought from Marv sight unseen?

Do his cars usually have repainted bupers and sills and does he disclose this kind of info when they do.

Man, I really wish that car had stripes, it would be on its way here if it did. I really do not want to have them added or go with vinyl either. Talking with Bill Pemberton he tells me it is pretty expensive to add them "correctly" and it also effects the originality and I respect his opinion.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought sight unseen from Marv after several long phone calls with him, a few of his customers and the previous owner. I haven't bought a brand new car that was in better condition than my GTS. Exactly as described, maybe better......I'd buy another one from him in a hearbeat!!!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we've probably heard every excuse in the book from you on why you wont buy this or that Viper. Im starting to think you dont want one or you're so picky that you may just be a woman.:smirk:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car looks perfect. The ONLY thing I can find wrong is it doesn't have stripes. If it had stripes it would be on its way as we speak. I just really really wanted stripes. I have always thought GTS's looked great with stripes. Unfortunately I don't think I can get over the stripe issue.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yehp, I do agree women are very very picky! hahaha

I can honestly say my Viper was in BETTER condition than I expected. Marv sent me numerous pictures so I had a good idea of how particular he is.

I have seen numerous threads on folks that have added stripes, I get the impression it's not uncommon. JMHO.

Good luck on your search

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its ok to be picky about a car, especially a car like the Viper. Im just giving you $hit. You definitely have a good color picked out. And the Steel Grey does look good with the stripes.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about adding stripes as an originality issue. Its not like you are buying it to make a numbers matching car for a Barret Jackson auction, or for donation to the Smithsonian. Hey, you are buying it to enjoy, so put stripes on it, and enjoy the dang thing.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car looks perfect. The ONLY thing I can find wrong is it doesn't have stripes. If it had stripes it would be on its way as we speak. I just really really wanted stripes. I have always thought GTS's looked great with stripes. Unfortunately I don't think I can get over the stripe issue.

So put vinyl stripes on it, you can return it to "original" condition when you resell it for you huge windfall your expecting. Do you actually think that having them painted on is going to hurt the value of the car because it's not original? A good quality painted stripe job won't hurt the resale one bit. It's a very nice color on a Viper but it's not like your defacing the Mona Lisa here, there is no huge clamor for that color combo. Do you know how many 1 of *** Vipers there are out there? Here we go again with the resale value being paramount in your mind. Why bother buying it really, you'll be driving with one eye on the odometer anyway cringing as the miles add on.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought you wanted a 2002? You found a 2000 before and didn't buy because of the year. Why put stripes on a car you don't want?

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought you wanted a 2002? You found a 2000 before and didn't buy because of the year. Why put stripes on a car you don't want?
I do want an ABS car but wouldn't rule out the perfect Steel Gray car either. I also find that you tend to get less picky the more you look. I started out it HAD to be graphite and then decided Sapphire was nice too and ...

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you seen the 985 mile bone stock sapphire/silver stripe car BJ Motors has? Ahhh, brings me back to the days I had that exact color combo. Bought it "used" in '03 with 146 miles on it.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THAT LOOKS LIKE THE ONE FOR HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the details.....
"1 of 86 produced with factory stripes. This was a local, one owner car in Virginia. The car is like new. Sapphire blue with silver stripes and not a blemish anywhere on this new Viper. 100% stock with no modifications. Everything as standard on your '01 GTS - ABS, etc. "

Can anyone see why he shouldn't buy this one with everything he has told us? He said he would pay for the "right car". Gonna be hard to beat this car. He can even drive it for awhile and not even come close to his magic 10,000 miles!

Have you seen the 985 mile bone stock sapphire/silver stripe car BJ Motors has? Ahhh, brings me back to the days I had that exact color combo. Bought it "used" in '03 with 146 miles on it.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
From BJ Motors site, the sapphire/stripes GTS window sticker.

large_10.jpg

just kidding, agent f1! have fun with your search.

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid about 6K less for my bone stock sapphire/silver stripe GTS (compared to BJ's asking price) back in '03. Not sure how todays market is however.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a not-so-perfect GTS from Marv, but he made sure I knew exactly what I was getting... body and engine were perfect, but interior was slightly worn, and had mods that might affect resale value. All I wanted was a nice looking GTS that can go fast reliably. That's exactly what I got.