Can anyone recommend an Insurance Co. to cover rarely driven Vipers?

starcity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

I am looking for an Insurance Company that offers special discounts for Vipers that are only driven so many miles a year (1000-4000 miles). Something like a vintage, classic car type insurance that will cover the almightly Viper. Any ideas or recommendations???

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use State Farm. Pleasure car policy. Unlimited miles, but limited use. Only as a pleasure car, not as a secondary vehicle, if my primary vehicle breaks down. Can't drive it to work or for work purposes. I pay about 1200.00 a year.

mike007

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use Grundy Worldwide 800-338-4005. I pay 547.00 a year with unlimited miles and 0 deductable.

IDWIN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

I am looking for an Insurance Company that offers special discounts for Vipers that are only driven so many miles a year (1000-4000 miles). Something like a vintage, classic car type insurance that will cover the almightly Viper. Any ideas or recommendations???

I go through Kemper through a local rep here in CO. I am looking at 1032.00 a year for just full coverage on the 99 GTS I am in the process of trying to buy. This is with no limitations on mileage, etc. I have 3 cars and our house through them. 30 yo, etc

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Grundy Worldwide 800-338-4005. I pay 547.00 a year with unlimited miles and 0 deductable.

That sounds like a good deal. I pay $552 a year with State Farm. Limited to 7500 miles. 500/500 deductible. Multi car discount and home owners discount.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allstate is charging me 480.00 every six months, but I can suspend it in the winter when my car is parked for long amounts of time. With the insurance on suspend I still have fire theft and vandil coverage. The catch is you cant have a Viper as your first car, they will only take it as a second vehicle.
Also I am only 27 years old, you may do better if you are a little older.

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have grange insurance...about 460 every 6 months...unlimited miles/2nd car...500/500 deductable...im 30 years old though

ljpviper2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a similar qoute from Grundy for my 96 GTS.

It states the car can only be driven to shows???

Have any of you members with Grundy had an issue

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haggerty, Grundy are 2 of the specialty car insurers that come to mind, but they both have rules about your OTHER vehicles and household drivers.
Other vehicles can't be older than a certain year (even though they are insured with ANOTHER company)which pissed me off because my POS daily driver and my sons car were older than their "minimum". Their rocket science theory was that if one of the POS's broke down, I, or someone in the household, would use the Viper to go to the store, drive in the snow to get a quart of milk etc......yeah right!
The benefit of these specialty insurers is that you can set a specified agreed value coverage for the value of your vehicle that you come up with (and you will pay accordingly).
So I just stuck with the carrier that insures my other vehicles and my homeowners (going on 15yrs now), Nationwide, for which I pay $600 additional for the Viper with no BS rules and regulations. Haggerty wanted $500, so for $100 more per year I don't have to worry about their bozo rules and regulations and 50 question questionaire that asks what you eat for lunch and what sports you watch on TV.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just called Grundy and they quoted me about $480.00 per year, unlimited pleasure mile!!!!!!!!!!! SWITCH!!!!!

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful Grundy and all the specialty carriers all have limitations on mileage and/or how its driven (ex.-some you can not drive it to dinner or even park it in a lot if its unattended) You just need to understand the specific contract and see if it makes sense for you.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful Grundy and all the specialty carriers all have limitations on mileage and/or how its driven (ex.-some you can not drive it to dinner or even park it in a lot if its unattended) You just need to understand the specific contract and see if it makes sense for you.

Thanks for the heads up Steve. Does anyone have any experiances with Grundy? Pro's Con's?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery