Can Gen III secede from the VCA?

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RavenFart, did I strike a nerve or something? No, I didn't have to dig deep for that name it just sort of busted out of me.

You still have yet to explain why you don't want DC to improve the Viper. Perhaps they don't listen to my posting, but perhaps they do listen to us collectively. I still know for sure that if nothing is stated then we can never be heard.

Gotta love the USA for that.

:2tu: :usa: :usa: :2tu: :headbang: :headbang:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I personally believe that if you totally ignore posts made by some of the trolls - that they tend to go away - as they do not get the satisfaction of a response to their nonsense.

Thank you VIPAH and all who responded to his keyboard diarrhea for proving my point! Anyone (VIPAH) who has 100+ posts re the Vipair thread definitely goes on the ignore list. Best thing about the ignore list idea is that when the troll actually posts looking for help - it also goes ignored.

OP
OP
R

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A nerve? Sorry you don't posses the capacity.

You want DC to improve the Viper to your specifications? I'm happy for you.

I am happy with my SRT. I think the VOI coupe is fantastic. I also feel that if Chevy produces a car for $75k it should be able to compete with Viper. Why are you so insecure in that?

Finally, I want this medium to be for owners and prospective owners to discuss the car.

Notice how there have been no replies degrading your car. Gen III owners are not hanging in your forum laughing at your build quality and lack of performance comparatively speaking.

If you want to carry a discussion where people of resonable intelligence may actually respect your opinion, you may consider dropping the name calling.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have both a GTS and an SRT and I can tell you I love them both! They are both Vipers and head turners! I don't know why people like to bash one car or the other. I say we just ingnore all the whinners. Who cares what people say as long as we love our cars. They can kiss our a**!

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RavenFart, why are you so complacent about spending $15k more for a car that performs like a new Vette?

That seems pretty stupid.

I am a potential owner of a new Viper, if they can make it king of the hill again. Otherwise why bother?

You continue to possess no ability to logically articulate your position as to why you don't want anyone to point at flaws and ask for improvement.

:confused: :usa: :usa: :usa:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I stated in a similar post before I understand how sickening it can be to hear the same badmouthing over and over again...but to exclude non owners such as myself and those who dont own an SRT10 is going too far.....The majority that post here are previous gen owners amd non owners...Take that away and you would effectively have a "exclusive forum" full of SRT10 praise that you want but about 20 posts per week[exaggerating a bit maybe]...Are there that many registered SRT10 owners here to keep a standalone forum not just going but fun?...

I think the solution is the ignore feature like others have said but you can do that now...Its easy...Soon as you see the persons name you hate in the post just skip on by.....Come on you can do it...Practice it using my name...Everytime you see it, swear, curse, throw a *** whatever and just skip on to the next post...Simple solution that will have you seeing less of your pharmacist in no time and will tide you over till the ignore feature is implemented...

Or you can just verbally abuse the offending poster to kingdom come...That seems to work on some sites lol...

At the end of the day this is just cars people...It aint **** in the grand scheme of things wrong with the world....Thank God I didnt live in the Tsunami zone or in Iraq or Afghanistan etc...

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So vipah what i am getting from you is you dislike the srt and the new coupe.And you want the gtsr coupe to be the one coming out shortly.Am i correct in this?

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snakebitten:

I understand what you are saying. However, I do not think that this Forum would die a lonely death if populated by SRT-10 owners and VCA members.

I do not think all such owners/members are charmed by the SRT-10s and its definable limitations. Indeed, true SRT-10 owners are the first to point out the unsavory nature of run flats, the significant problem with wheel hop, and a host of other problems.

I do know, without question, that the mean spirited rancor and name-calling drives people away. I also know that one cannot easily ignore a post that is designed to derail a thread (which is a policy violation on this site but still occurs).

What is needed is intellectual disagreement based upon familiarity with the vehicle being discussed. If a person can glean this information without owning the car, then participation is logical. It is difficult to conceive of how that could occur.

There is an alternative to bashing on one extreme and your concern of self-aggrandizement of the SRT-10 on the other extreme:

That would be data-based factual debate without demeaning ridicule.

Is it, for example, important whether the Z06 will outperform the SRT-10? Unquestionably.

If the $75k Z06 does outperform the SRT-10, will some, most, or all SRT-10 owners jump ship? I would venture that some will. Not most nor not all.

Will the performance of the Z06, which is rather indistinguishable from its autotransmision, standard coupe, counterpart, effectively terminate the sales of the SRT-10?

I do not believe there is a chance of that occurring. I believe that many factors sell the SRT-10; the predominate one is, of course, race winning, but it is not the sole one.

Would I ever choose a Z06 over any Viper? Not possible.

Alice

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Gen 3 and Gen 2 are both very nice looking, high performing cars. However, what the Gen 2 lacks in performance to the Gen 3, it will more than make up for with superior styling and presence on the road. Even SRT guys will tell you that. What you buy will depend on what your priorities are. However, It is clear that the '92-'02 Viper will always be timeless.

Also, it's a very bad idea to make an SRT-10 forum with access to only SRT owners. I'd go on this forum way before I owned a Viper, to learn about the car. Information from this forum was one of the biggest factors for me in deciding to purchase the car actually. I also think that constructive criticism on any new car is fine and necessary, that's what makes newer models improve and not repeat previous mistakes.

OP
OP
R

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
RavenFart, why are you so complacent about spending $15k more for a car that performs like a new Vette?

That seems pretty stupid.

I am a potential owner of a new Viper, if they can make it king of the hill again. Otherwise why bother?

You continue to possess no ability to logically articulate your position as to why you don't want anyone to point at flaws and ask for improvement.

Vipah, the price is not important to me. Thanks for asking. You can point out the flaws in your car all day long. Have at it.

I have had more engaging discussions with a MUTE button.

Keep calling me RavenFart.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not know of any SRT owner that could not have purchased a Gen I or II if they wanted. That says they chose the SRT over the Gen I or II. So like it or not there are people who want the SRT more. But just like any other car (including the vaunted GTS), there are buyers who ultimately find out the car is not for them and they decide to sell. But there are many more that continue to appreciate what they have and would like to maximize the ownership experience.

That said I do not think the owners want an environment free of negative discussions about their car. There are always aspects that need improvement, either on current cars or with regards to future cars. I appreciate reading discussions about wheel hop and the like as they will ultimately lead to solutions that will help us all. Same as discussion about brakes on the Gen II forum and head gaskets on the Gen I, for example.

What I do not need is the continual reminders that some do not like the SRT for whatever reason. You can have your opinions. But please quit trying to tell us that our opinion is wrong. This site is intended to be for SRT owners and enthusiasts so that we can share and improve the ownership experience. Your continual ***** slapping does nothing to aid us in that endeavor. So when some jerks continually criticize the SRT here they are indirectly criticizing the owners. I see no need or benefit for that here. I cannot believe that DC places any value on these criticisms, and that the continued harassment will lead to less rather than more involvement with the Viper owner community.

My $0.02 and I will now go back into hibernation

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Vipah, the price is not important to me. Thanks for asking. You can point out the flaws in your car all day long. Have at it.

I have had more engaging discussions with a MUTE button.

Keep calling me RavenFart.

[/QUOTE]

Ok RavenFart.

I am pointing out the flaws in the SRT. Deal with it. I guess in your small mind (that holds discussions with MUTE buttons) you can only point out the flaws in things you own. That makes a lot of sense.

Please do us all a favor and stop posting and go sit in your SRT and keep repeating that you bought the bestest car ever!

LMAO

Most 4 year olds are more able to articulate a logical position than you can articulate one.

:usa: :usa: :2tu: :2tu: :shocked: :shocked:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RavenFart, just don't read the posts you think you will disagree with. Why do you need someone to do that for you.

Are you being critical of the message boards? You didn't create them so you can't point out any flaws you think exist. The message boards are perfect. How dare you say something more is needed. You are a fool. The VCA has given us the best boards ever! We need to create a message board for the people who like the message board the way it is. No changing anything.

LMAO

Are you able to see how stupid your arguments are yet?

:2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :usa: :usa:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey SilverSnack, how you doing?

Glad to see you are still working on a sense of humor.

Best of luck!

LOL

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve FATBOY ('99 Silver/Blue GTS)

You must be registered for see images
vipah.jpg

VIPAH, even though your STUPID,
We all love
you!

Peace Fatboy!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting.When this board seperated gen 1&2 from 3 it was gen 1&2 whining and feeling left out.Now its gen 3 feeling left out and let down.Gen 3 is a great car with superior handling,power and brakes.However gen 1&2 were king of their time while gen 3 is soon to be an also ran.That makes all of us an also ran.Everyone knows of the brake,frame,engine,fit and finish problems enjoyed by gen 1&2 cars.Gen 3 corrected all of this and then some.What gen 3 failed to do was make us lust,drool,boil our blood,our dixs hard and feel like outlaws.Just a little too civil in its looks.Now its going to be surpassed by the corvette in performance and looks for less money which brings us all down.Its not the owners fault.Its a DC fault for letting us and the marque down. GTS Bruce

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve,

Been pretty good, The SRT was totaled buy a drunk on the 18th of december. YES i am going to buy a SRT-10 so ready for some more games! Hows the old gts hanging been smoked by any srt's lately? This is getting almost as fun as messing around with zo6's. When are you getting one ?

Robert
:2tu:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robert,

Sorry to hear about the SRT. Hopefully no one was hurt in the accident.

I haven't seen an SRT on the road to see what one can do. Or maybe I have? Or was that an S2000? Or maybe a C6? LOL

I'm not sure what the next car will be, who knows, maybe it will even be a Z06. If they can up the HP in the coupe I might go for it. Although right now I am still leaning toward a Ford GT (if the price comes down to sticker at least).

Steve

:headbang: :2tu:

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Robert,

Although right now I am still leaning toward a Ford GT (if the price comes down to sticker at least).

Steve

:headbang: :2tu:

Even though M/T has an SRT10 beating a Ford GT by one-hundredth of a second in the 1/4 mile?

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not know of any SRT owner that could not have purchased a Gen I or II if they wanted. That says they chose the SRT over the Gen I or II. So like it or not there are people who want the SRT more. But just like any other car (including the vaunted GTS), there are buyers who ultimately find out the car is not for them and they decide to sell. But there are many more that continue to appreciate what they have and would like to maximize the ownership experience.

That said I do not think the owners want an environment free of negative discussions about their car. There are always aspects that need improvement, either on current cars or with regards to future cars. I appreciate reading discussions about wheel hop and the like as they will ultimately lead to solutions that will help us all. Same as discussion about brakes on the Gen II forum and head gaskets on the Gen I, for example.

What I do not need is the continual reminders that some do not like the SRT for whatever reason. You can have your opinions. But please quit trying to tell us that our opinion is wrong. This site is intended to be for SRT owners and enthusiasts so that we can share and improve the ownership experience. Your continual ***** slapping does nothing to aid us in that endeavor. So when some jerks continually criticize the SRT here they are indirectly criticizing the owners. I see no need or benefit for that here. I cannot believe that DC places any value on these criticisms, and that the continued harassment will lead to less rather than more involvement with the Viper owner community.

My $0.02 and I will now go back into hibernation

Nail on the head ... :2tu:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2 cents:

I love the Gen II (and particularly glad I got the last year with all the fixes and ABS), but I am also very excited about getting the Gen III Coupe, as I think they would be perfect Stable Mates. I think the Gen II will always be the classic beauty, and the Gen III will be the refinement befitting of the advancement of the breed.

So what I say next, is based on a true love of both cars.

1. You really shouldn't abandon the Gen II owners, because as much as you like to think the Gen III is a vast departure from Gen II, its not. Lessons learned from the Gen II can still be applied to the Gen III and vice versa. Knowledge is a wonderful thing.

2. I am often bothered by the rants of some of the troll non owners, who have never been, and based on the intelligence of their posts, probably never will be and owner of any generation Viper. So I too think it would be nice to limit their nonsense, ignorant, devoid of value, intentionally inciting (notice I didn't say insight) posts. Perhaps limit the total number of posts non owners can make in a day, week, month, year? (Craig 201 MPH, is an excellent example of a worthless/wasted "Post," "Reply," "Quote," "Quick Reply" click)

3. Anyone against such moderation, can go join that vipahalley forum that so elegantly caters to the need of viper owners and non owners alike to bash on each other on a daily basis. Even I deserve to be moderated in some of my posts, as some of the things I have posted have surely shown my rear section. But a lot of what I post has value, and provides insight and answers to a lot of owners questions. So there should be a balance.

Not sure this has any value, again, only assigned it 2 cents worth myself. But like Rodney King said, "can't we all just get along" (not sure if that was after his 1st or 2nd beating) :)

Jon

OP
OP
R

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well said Jon. Point is not to abondon the Gen I/II owners. Personally, I can't wait to pick up a Gen I this spring. Stablemates as you say.

I think a simple IGNORE feature would solve the problem.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody catch Sunday's Bears / Packers Game??

Gee there's a surprise...

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I am not an individual who would usually speak up in this situation, nor have I ever posted in the SRT area of this forum, nor do I OWN a Viper, I feel the need to chime in directed solely by the proposals introduced by some regarding the exclusion of non-owners from board participation. As you can see by the line under my screen name here on the VCA boards I am an associate member of the New England Region. This means that not only have I paid my dues to my local region in the form of my yearly membership fees but have also, on a college students budget, felt the need to pay for fuel and wear & tear on my vehicle to travel at least 200 miles per weekend to join in on the wonderful times that my local region has during its gatherings. I have devoted that much and then some to the Viper community by spending many hours sorting through thousands of digital photos and subsequently posting them along with a write-up on this board after each meet; and now you say that someone like me should be banned from participation on this site simply because my name does not appear on the title of a Viper? One of the reasons that compelled me to join the VCA the most was the way in which my local club officers and members welcomed me, a young, not "Elite" Viper enthusiast with open arms into the club. I have enjoyed every single solitary moment spent in the passenger's seats of and behind the wheels of these individuals Vipers. This car and what it stands for has done nothing but make me push myself harder to succeed in life and become financially stable enough to one day own one of these magnificent machines. When that day comes, my choice will undoubtedly go to a Gen I or Gen II.

Although I do realize the technological benefits inherent in the SRT-10's design and I am extremely aware of it's improvements in all-around performance over previous models; as many on this site have previously mentioned it is simply not a design that sticks out from the crowd as the original Viper did. When I saw my first Viper in 1992 I thought that I was going to have an aneurism at the age of 7. It was a ridiculously over-the-top design that made my blood boil. The SRT, while no slouch in the design department simply does not have the visceral neck snapping ability that the original design still maintains. In my experience with the NEVCA and in all of the events I have attended I have acquired an even higher level of reverence for all three generations of that which is Viper, I really do LOVE the SRT-10's audaciousness with a touch of civility. It simply lacks that little extra something that I believe was inherent in the Gen I and II's designs which were created by REAL CAR NUTS (Carroll Shelby, Bob Lutz, Roy Solberg...) and not a single designer who was sent to us by Honda.

Nick

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant