Can Gen III secede from the VCA?

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Without doubt our board has been overrun by the GTS crowd and a constant barrage of complaints regarding the SRT program. I hope many of you, like me, have grown tired of the nonsense. Above a simple annoyance, I feel that it detracts from the value of the board and discourages participation. Still these folks are entitled to their opinion.

There are more than a few of us who are big fans of the SRT. The cars performance is world class and its styling is a welcome departure from the earlier cars.

I'd like to get back to the days when we could discuss our cars, modifications, meet ups, and how-to's. Ala, the point of the club.

The Viper Club's constituents have grown divided. Outside of Dodge's pittance delivered to the regions in lieu of a one year membership for new Viper sales, is there anything more that DC offers to the VCA? The magazine is A+ quality for photography and presentation, but meaningful content is dwindling.

Is a split or formation of a private organization worth exploring?

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have my vote on coupe whiners, these nonsense discussions ought to stop :rolleyes: . Forum admin should make a Coupe forum subtitled as a 'whining corner', maybe this would help.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only whining I see is the SRT woosies. Stop your belly aching and hope you don't meet up with a $15k cheaper Z06 that blows you away. LMAO

I'm sure glad I wasn't one of the SRT buyers.

:2tu: :2tu: :eek: :eek:

Please leave the VCA as you clearly are not a true Viper enthusiast that seeks top performance and dominance for the Viper. You only want to live in a world where only glowing comments can be made about your car.

So stop posting and go start your SRT site, where nothing derrogatory can be said.

:p :p :p

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RAVEN FAN i feel your pain and understand 100 percent how you feel. I to became
upset reading alot of the bs statements that went on for it seemed forever and
still does, however a little tamer at this point. I stated at the time that we
should all think about WHAT IS and WHATS NOT APROPREATE. THE SRT/10 IS FASTER AND STOPS QUICKER THEN ANY RT OR GTS PERIOD THAT IS STOCK. As far as looks the
car is down right beautiful. I had my son drive it one day just to follow him to see how it looked going down the road, man i just couldn't stop smiling, one bad arss looking car. Oh by the way others liked what they saw and showed it. I do love all vipers period, I would never say anything to anyone on this form to upset them or make them feel bad about the car they own. I do agree that from what has been stated has helped to hurt the value of not only the srt but all vipers, again just my opinion. Having a seperate form is not the answer, most owners on this board have alot of respect for each other, but we still have some here who just dont get it. Some of the poster's who have some real negative comments dont even own a viper. Dont let a few get you down on all because it really is just a few and if you visit on a regular basis you will see who they are, does not take long to spot em. I for one would hate to see the day we all didn't stick together, if it happen i would still always keep a viper in my garage but would just leave the club and find a club where guys and girls just enjoy some nice cars. :2tu:

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think what Jody is saying is that threads are derailed by numerous groups; it is not just the Gen II advocates. There are non-VCA members, non-Viper owners, and often it seems that there are even those without a valid driver's license.

I joined VCA the day following the purchase of my used SRT-10 and joined the SRT-10 Forum that same day.

At the time I joined, I (mis)understood that the forums were a part of VCA, membership was required, and ownership was expected. I joined and arguably should have lurked and learned that this was not accurate.

I imagine that the forum does not have that requirement because open access encourages the enthusiast to become an owner. Often, that appears to be true. Equally as often, however, the financial capacity (and it is sizeable) for ownership is not there. I began to suspect that negative posts from non-owners arose from envy-presented-as-rational-thought. Cf. sour grapes.

The Gen II members, however, have a very valid opinion (see the most recent American Muscle Car on the Viper from 2001) in that the GTS Coupe was/is a truly over-the-top cool car. In many ways it is the true Viper.

However, that needs to be an opinion stated in a poll, available to be read and not re-hashed ad infinitim in the SRT-10 forum.

There are MANY interesting posts in GEN I, II and Comp Coupe areas. But I own none of these great cars, and focus upon the SRT-10 forum.

The seemingly endless need to resurrent the Z06 and what a unique and terrific value it is to be on a list for a $75k Chevrolet and how foolish we are to be entrenched fans of the Viper...or the pleas, threats, innuendos and angst because Daimler-Chrysler is in business to make money, not to please a few thousand owners...and that SRT-10s are decaying in lots because no one wants one... (P.S. D-C owes me nothing; they sold me a car; I own it; end of contract)

It simply has all been said.

An argument can be made that everything in America is free speech, that anyone can express whatever opinion erupts within them...even if vile, offensive, insightless...and misspelled...even if posted by wannabes and embittered detractors.

Then there are those who are simply unhappy, unfulfilled and miserable in their own lives who just cannot restrain the impulse to express an opinion with little or no impulse control.

However, for many who own SRT-10s, we see these disruptive posts and simply back away.

I am not certain how Jay, as moderator, sees this, but I note when I read VIPER Magazine there are many, many officers listed and few apparently see this as an environment where they need to gather/contribute. That says something to me.

We may have simply lost our focus.

Donning a flame retardant suit (planning no counter-posts; just wanted to weigh in).

Alice

www.SRT-10forum.com is available, Jody, is available if you want it. Advertisers would likely support it. I prefer (and us) vBulletin for our forum. Good support and good technology.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only whining I see is the SRT woosies.

Are you fuggin kidding??? There has been nothing but whining and ******** from Gen I/II owners about the SRT since it hit and don't get me started on all the chicken little "the sky is falling" posts about the new Z06. I have never seen such a group of fuggin babies. You are obviously only here to stir up crap. Your posts have no value and are intended to piss people off ... pretty trollish if you ask me.

Stop your belly aching and hope you don't meet up with a $15k cheaper Z06 that blows you away. LMAO

I'm sure glad I wasn't one of the SRT buyers.

:2tu: :2tu: :eek: :eek:
So the new Z06 won't whip your ass either???

This place is starting to get embarrassing ... :(

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Alice,

Try not to be too ******* us non-owners. I’m workin’ ******* getting there. In fact I bought a yellow 2005 on Friday but I just haven’t taken delivery yet. The dealer was kind enough to give me 2 weeks to figure out the method of payment that works best for me. He did the paperwork Friday so he could get it credited as a calendar 2004 sale ($78,750).

As far as the original topic – I’m surprised by how much some Gen II & I owners seem to dislike SRT’s. I was looking forward to perhaps joining a local chapter and going on cruises, etc. I’m not sure I will if I’m still viewed as a wannabee. I have no problem cruisin’ solo.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Best feature this board could add would be an IGNORE function to allow you to ignore posts made by people that you individually feel do not add to YOUR Viper experience. If you don't like the tone of someone's posts - you'll never see them - whether they're a SRT basher, Viper basher, or price basher.

I personally believe that if you totally ignore posts made by some of the trolls - that they tend to go away - as they do not get the satisfaction of a response to their nonsense.

As each individual's tastes are different - there is a fine line between trying to make the Viper better - and total ripping the product. Take into account that many people let their fingers do the talking on the keyboard and don't even take the time to consider what they say - or how their post will be perceived - compounds the problem.

Can my Gen 1 be better - sure, were there some things on the Gen 2 that could have been better - yes, is there room for improvement with the SRT - yes, can the new coupe be improved - absolutely.

So as a Gen 1 owner why do I frequent and post on the SRT "side of the house"? Because I am a car enthusiast and VIPER obsessed - and will probably own a SRT someday. I also think that DC can do a much better job with the coupe - at least from the pictures that I've seen and the opinions that have been aired.

If you own or love the Viper - you are a friend of mine - if you don't - have a good day - but don't expect me to care about what you say or reply to your nonsensical posts.

OP
OP
R

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good points made by all, save Vipah. He finds a way to subtract value from any good dialogue.

I agree an IGNORE feature would be welcome. It seems to be the same bunch spewing mindless drivel.

Outlaw, congrats on your new car. Great choice!

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jody:

The ignore feature will become available since it is a commonly desired feature on all bulletin board systems (software).

What I wanted was interaction with VCA members exclusively (since they owned a Viper by definition) and interaction in SRT-10 Discussions (since these were owners of my choice for a Viper, again by definition).

I believe that many SRT-10 owners visit the forums either in invisible mode or log-on and see the nature of the threads, the hijacking of them, the mean spirited responses and the non-owner constituency, and they depart.

I know one new (2005 Silver) SRT-10 owner who came to us from a Corvette forum. He had left there because of rancor and hostility. He stated that he was pleased that this did not exist here in the SRT-10 Discussions. When they resurrected themselves here; he departed. Real pity since he was the proud and original owner of a 427 Cobra, a seasoned racer with great knowledge.

The reality is not so much the liberally applied notion of freedom of speech so much as the internet, in general (go to Stock Trading forums, for example) has become a place where little people can be big and crude people can become vile...all with impunity.

I am reminded of the title of the website...Viper Club of America and all that it meant to imply with regard to family.

Alice

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys crack me up. Keep up the good work on making sure your heads are firmly in the sand (or some where else). Just tap your shoes together and tell yourself 'the srt is the best car ever' three times and your wish will be granted.

LMAO

I'm sad to see the new contingent of Viper owners don't care about performance and staying on top of the competition.

:confused: :confused:

When I bought my GTS, nothing could touch it. Now several can come very close to the SRT, but I guess you don't care.

If people didn't try and push DC to do something then they never will. Be thankful people are complaining about trying to push the performance up, otherwise it will never happen.

:2tu:

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... and here we go again... Who did ask you to post on this forum? Why don't you whine on GTS forum? Do you think that posts such as 'I'm sure glad I wasn't one of the SRT buyers' or 'Only whining I see is the SRT woosies' will make a positive critical contribution on site dedicated to SRT? Or can't bear the fact that SRT is in fact better car then GTS? Just in case you want to give us a favor - GET LOST.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I wanted was interaction with VCA members exclusively (since they owned a Viper by definition) and interaction in SRT-10 Discussions (since these were owners of my choice for a Viper, again by definition).

In general, this is a need. I'd rather see more discussion from the gen I/II forum and this forum become private in the sense that either read/write access or possibly read access is limited to VCA members (like the members only forum).

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey sadman,

Who asked you to post? LOL

I want a better Viper in the future. You don't for some reason. When people like me say this you cry.

Now do us all a favor and secede from the VCA.

I don't recall all the older Viper owners whining like the SRT owners when people complained about build quality and certain features etc.. It only made the cars get better. But you clowns just cry every time someone doesn't think the car is the end-all be-all.

Face it. Viper has lost ground to the competition.

I suggest everyone complain about that. Otherwise DC will never do anything about it.

:2tu: :usa:

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STEVE YOU'RE A TROLL!!!!!!! BAN THE FOKKER!

People are happy with the SRT and the great comprimise the car is. Can't you just respect that???

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH

IBcrying

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can see the board meeting at DC now.

"Well, let's check into that Gen III board and see what Vipuh has to say about this. I know we were dedicated to spend hundreds of millions of dollars based on market research, engineers and the like, but I like the things this Vipuh has to say. Get him in here ASAP. We need some productive comments and more use of the word 'woosies' in these meetings. Thank heaven that the savior for the Viper has been located. Tell Vipuh that we will double, no wait, TRIPLE his current salary. Let's see....3 times $5.15 an hour.... Just tell him to hop in that 99 vette that he drives and get on down here. Tell him not to even worry about fixing his comb over, he can do that here. Tell him we'll throw in a pass to the executive washroom if he brings that little Canadian kid with him"

I agree with you Vipuh. Thank you for your juvenile insults. Those will surely be productive and will be catalysts that vault the Viper to new heights.

Dirk

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dirk,

Nice comeback potsie!!!!!!! LMAO

DC does listen to current owners. But you wouldn't know that now would you? Maybe the board needs to only be open to owners and not wannabees.

LOL

Thanks for the nice laugh.

Craig, I'm glad you like the car. I don't understand why you don't want to see it get better though. Can you try and answer that question through your tears.

:2tu: :usa: :usa: :usa:

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Potsie" ? Wow, that's a good one. I am a current owner, by the way.

DC may listen, or give the appearance of listening, but I seriously doubt that your posts about "whining" and "woosies" are the types of things that will cause the production of a better car.

So either, you are insane and think you can change the shape of the automotive world with your clever prose, or you are just a ****.

I'm guessing you might be a pretty good guy face to face, but the anonymity of the internet leads to a lot of this type stuff. Half the guys on here who trash each other would benefit from a few drinks together and some time in each others car.

Dirk

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keeping quiet will certainly do nothing. Griping at least has a chance that someone with the power to do something will listen.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start your own website. Viperalley guys did because they found the rules too stringent here. You may want a site with stricter rules-SRT owners only. It's a free country, thank God!

People like to read conflict, that's why newspapers sell and more people go to viperalley now.

29outlaw, if you go to local Viper events you will find we all can just get along.

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good suggestion, start your own. To have an owner's only site reeks of elitism, the interaction with all makes the site better whether they agree with you or not. Non-owners having access to this site has never effected anything I have read or posted. It is healthy to read different points of view.

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob:

I concur...without reservation.

Elitism as I recall is a noun: "someone who believes in rule by an elite group."

I view VCA as an elite group. I view the Viper as an elite car.

Gen I & II people are rightfully elitists, enviably so.

Diversity is over-rated. It implies that we are all created equally. And, of course, we are not. Some are bright, some are handsome, some are strong, some are successful, but only a few have all of those qualities.

The Viper is gorgeous, powerful, quick and fast.

It is an elite car owned by an elite group.

It would be nice if these elite people could meet without disruption in their own quorum. And, perhaps only a dedicated "Viper Owners Group" (VOG) and associated forum is the only place in which that would work. Again, www.srt-10Forum.com is available.

Alice

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RavenFart,

I guess anyone that has an alternate opinion is an neanderthal. LOL

Can you try and explain why wanting DC to make the Viper better, stronger, faster is such a bad thing?

Now why don't you separate yourself from this board unless you are prepared to hear other opinions.

:2tu: :2tu: :headbang: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

OP
OP
R

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ravenfart? Did you dig deep to think of that?

Or, why don't you back to your board and discuss your feelings there? Grow up. DC is not listening to your childish rants. Owners don't care what you think of our cars.

You don't like the car, don't buy it.