can they do this?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They may not do it without your permission. It depends upon what you agreed to when you sent them your photos. Did you read all of the fine print?

If you read the disclaimer on their website, here: Payment Page -SuperStylings.com- , it appears that they believe that you gave them permission. It's a very clever way for them to get subject matter for their business; however, I wouldn't say that it is dishonest. At least on their website, they point to their legal disclaimer very clearly, and it isn't buried in fine print.

By the way, it looks like they do a pretty good job, and your car looks great.

quote:
3.) You are given us permission to use your photos to produce a custom design for you and for our poster collection which may be sold. If we decide to use your photos for our poster collection, we hold all rights to the design. This is one way we can keep our design fees low, benefiting both you and us.

3.) If you are seeking to own the rights and royalty to your own design, different set of prices and rules will apply to your design. Utilizing our designs for your business logos is prohibited without permission from Superstylings Design.

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3.) You are given us permission to use your photos to produce a custom design for you and for our poster collection which may be sold. If we decide to use your photos for our poster collection, we hold all rights to the design. This is one way we can keep our design fees low, benefiting both you and us.

ok, they did use the photos i gave them and produced a custom design for me, and made me poster "a". but the poster design i paid for isnt the one on ebay right now. they have taken my pics and made an entirely new poster, poster "b", which is not the original design.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ok, they did use the photos i gave them and produced a custom design for me, and made me poster "a". but the poster design i paid for isnt the one on ebay right now. they have taken my pics and made an entirely new poster, poster "b", which is not the original design.

this is your answer..."You are given us permission to use your photos to produce a custom design for you and for our poster collection which may be sold.

they got you.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's kind of like when you go in for a colonoscopy. If you aren't careful and watch what you sign, you won't own the rights to the video, and they can use it for anything they want. If they want to use it for stock footage for a remake of the movie "Journey to the Center of the Earth", there's nothing you can do about it. Just be proud that they appreciated your images.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4