1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't decide which exhaust system

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by First Strike, Dec 21, 2013.

1. First Strike

First Strike Viper Owner

Recently purchased an 02 GTS and ready to pull the trigger on a new exhaust system. Over the last two days I have read numerous post and listened to many videos regarding such. I have narrowed it down to two systems B&B or Borla, I am looking for that deep throaty 60's muscle car sound or close as possible. So hopefully you guys/Gals can give me some insight based on experience. Thanks in advance :dunno:

2. REDBLACK

REDBLACK Enthusiast

Borla with a Magnaflow X-pipe spliced in at the rear end which pretty much eliminates the drone. Gives the sound you're looking for.

3. Blainne

Blainne Viper Owner

Quality and looks of the B&B exhaust is 2nd to NONE. I personally dont' like how the Borla kit looks coming out of the rear of the GTS compared to B&B. Some kits instead of the exhaust coming straight out of the rear actually angle up too much... making it look silly.

Now for deciding a kit for sound.. you will hear a different opinion by everyone. B&B is more of an aggressive sound compared to other kits.

Remember the sound of the exhaust is effected by factors such as: What mid pipes your using and also if you have headers or not.

4. First Strike

First Strike Viper Owner

Yes I will also be using headers

5. viper k

viper k Enthusiast

i have the B&B exahust on my 1996 GTS love the sound of it but iam also cat delete..!

6. jimuaya

jimuaya Viper Owner

belanger system exhaust & pipes all the way.

7. First Strike

First Strike Viper Owner

Finally decided on the B&B, there is a video on you tube of a GTS with the B&B installed that sound was the deal sealer. Thanks to everyone for the responses.

8. CWhiteRun

CWhiteRun Has Left the Room!

too bad, I know where you can get a Borla real cheap.

9. REDBLACK

REDBLACK Enthusiast

:dunno:Borla tips angle down not up and look better to me than straight out.

10. blown daytona

blown daytona Enthusiast

I bought a B&B system and will do a cat delete. I will let you know when I get around to installing it. ROE recommended it (I hope he is right)

11. Dan Cragin

Dan Cragin Enthusiast

Boy there are many options and sound is very subjective. What one person likes another may dis-like. I have installed them all, happy to give an unsolicited opinion without a sales pitch.

Tech Line 310-597-6295

12. 7TH_SIGN

7TH_SIGN Enthusiast

Be careful. If I'm not mistaken the B&B exhaust only has two resonators. Removing the cats may give you a sound you don't like. Unless you don't mind the raspy tone.

13. blown daytona

blown daytona Enthusiast

I was hoping to get a higher pitched euro kind of sound vs a deep american muscle note. I guess I will find out. I listened to many You Tube vids. I could not find many with the B &B cat back with cat delete. Lots of choices out there.

14. mgeorge

mgeorge Viper Owner

I'll try to post up a video...I have a B&B, no cats. Other than that and HS 1.7 RR's with a Roe tune, the car is stock. There is some drone, however I don't mind. I would say say sound at idle is a lower pitched american muscle car sound. Nice fit and finish, Tator installed it.

15. mgeorge

mgeorge Viper Owner

That is correct, one in each sill. Other than that it's straight pipe with the standard cross over near the exit.

16. Ricketts

Ricketts Viper Owner

<--- B&B headers, no cats, and Corsa here, and love it!

17. 7TH_SIGN

7TH_SIGN Enthusiast

Are you trying to get a Lambo/Ferrari V10 note in the exhaust? If so I don't think that is possible due to our engine's design? Or you trying to get an AM sound?

18. Viper98912

Viper98912 Enthusiast

I have the two muffler borla system and love it

19. blown daytona

blown daytona Enthusiast

I was hoping to get the Lambo type sound. I already bought all the stuff, so I am stuck with the results ( unless I want to spend more $$$) But anything will sound better than the stock system :) I will keep you guys posted on my results.